Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching BBUK10

Options
  • 31-05-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Just been watching BB A Decade in the Headlines and decided to set up our Post while you're watching thread.
    Hopefully it will be a good summer's posting like last year.

I am making it clear in the opening post that if you want to run BB down I'd rather you didn't do it in this thread.

By that I mean just posting to say it's crap tv or how does anyone watch this tripe, ect.

As regular posters know I am all for people liking and disliking certain contestants and the banter is great crack, isn't that right? ( MNG, Tyler and Zuroph ):D

If I haven't worded this in the correct manner I'm sure a Mod will fix it.

Looking forward to posting with you all again.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah, its good, Sharpshooter.

Generic "I hate BB" comments will just be deleted. This thread is for BB fans only to post while they, ah hell, while we watch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Cheers Mr E, the regular BB posters are a great bunch of people and I'm looking forward to all the banter this year.
    I see there were rumours past contestants will be put in at some stage in the programme, should be interesting if it's true.

No furniture in the house this year, BB are keeping in line with the recession so I'm guessing the housemates will have to work for things previous housemates took for granted.

It should make for interesting viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

I cant bloody wait! Have the tv set to record for thurs night! Stupid work making me work late!

From the pics of the house floating around the net, it seems very round! Very spaceship like!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Looking forward to it should be good.

Taken From DS:
    Big Brother producers are planning to surprise this year's housemates with an early eviction, it has been claimed.
    According to the Daily Star, a live show on either June 8 or 9 will see a contestant booted out by the public just days after the show's launch.
    An insider told the newspaper: "It's the first of many surprises. We're fed up with housemates second guessing what's in store."
    In recent years, contestants have waited a week before hearing the results of the first public vote. However, the new twist could mean a housemate is voted off four days after entering the house on June 4.

I hope that is true, keep them on their toes this year.
    /Remember it did come from the Daily Star.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

I think they might have an eviction on the Friday night! I just find it strange that they are having the launch show on a Thursday!

But that's just me! My brain has gone into BB mode already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

BB is crap, how do you people watch it :p

Looking forward to it this time round, hopefully some dullard doesnt win it ;) (MNG)

Should be some old posters (hopefully they havent given up) and some new names to add to the cahos of it all :)

There's a programme on E4 at 10:00 tonight about Jade, followed by a repeat of, Big Brother:A Decade In The Headlines Tyler if you're interested.:pac:

There's a programme on E4 at 10:00 tonight about Jade, followed by a repeat of, Big Brother:A Decade In The Headlines Tyler if you're interested.:pac:

Missed both :o

Quick questions, what happened to the BB sub forum did it just got put into one forum now? Can we still start new threads or is evertything to be put in here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Enjoying BB10 so far.

Disliking the old bossy lass, and the gobby gangster one. And the gay guy is doing my head in at the moment.

The wannabe-model blonde lass is tolerable enough though might become a bit boring after a while.

The fat Northern one is a good laugh though I'll probably want to kill her in a week, and dear lord please don't let her get her baps out.

The 2 goodlooking youngfellas are really dull.

Struggling with all their names at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't wait for Thursday night! Imagine if they did stick a few past contestants in for an appearance, t'would be good:).

Too right Ann.
    I hope it goes back to the way it was in the beginning though, I am sick of people being planted in there to make a headline.
    I know they have to keep it interesting but I would much prefer humour this time around from both the Housemates and BB.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I can't wait for Thursday night! Imagine if they did stick a few past contestants in for an appearance, t'would be good:).

Hello again Ann :)

Taken from DS:
    Coach Trip duo Graham Winstone-Peters and Ivy Pink will reportedly appear in Big Brother 10.

According to The Sun, the duo will enter the house "midway through the series".

Winstone-Peters, who has appeared in The Bill, Minder and Midsomer Murders, describes himself as "confident, multifaceted and very outgoing". He also claims to be friends with Russell Brand.

On his Starnow profile, he adds: "I also work with my bride to be Ivy Pink (We got engaged in 2008 on Celebrity Mr & Mrs), we are the perfect reality TV couple for 2009. As we are both entertaining extroverted characters."

Other contestants rumoured to be entering the house this year include beauty queens Stephanie Holland and Karly Ashworth, a "Brazilian lad", a "wannabe from Pakistan" and a "cheeky joker" from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Can't wait for it to start :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Stephanie Holland and Karly Ashworth I saw photos of them on facebook they are both well hot I will deffo be tuning in :D

Info on tomorrows launch.
    DS:
    The wait is nearly over. Tomorrow at 9pm live on Channel 4, Big Brother will celebrate a decade on the air with the arrival of 8 men and 8 women who each have a plan to entertain us over the summer months and leave the house victorious (and £100,000 richer).

Those entering the house could potentially spend up to 13 weeks in the Big Brother house but in true Big Brother style they won't be allowed to get too comfortable. Within minutes of them all arriving, Big Brother will reveal to viewers and those in the house that they are not yet official housemates and will not get access to the full Big Brother house.

All hopeful housemates will have to individually earn their housemate status over the next three days by completing tasks set by Big Brother. Each task has been designed to challenge the hopefuls' fears and pride and some will require them to go head to head against one another in a bid to become a bone fide housemate.

Only once the 'hopefuls' have successfully completed a task and been granted housemate status will they be allowed access to the 'real' Big Brother house. Until then they will only be able to access the living room (void of any creature comforts), a toilet and the garden.

Hopefuls won't get access to their suitcases and will be forced to spend their first night sleeping on the living room floor. Bathing will be a bath in the garden which can only be filled by carrying cold water in a hole-ridden bucket across the garden.

All 16 people entering the house have been in hiding for the past few weeks. All that is being revealed before the launch is that the 16 are the most diverse group yet, with hopeful housemates from a wide range of countries and backgrounds. The eldest is 40 and the youngest is 18.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...php?tid=115403

This should make for interesting viewing, it will set them against each other from the first night not giving little groups a chance to form too early.

A hole ridden bucket should be good for a few laughs.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Hello again Ann :)

Hello to you too Mr Durden:). Hope there's someone in it that I love as much as Mng loved Rachel...great to feel such passion and enthusiasm and fierce loyalty to another human being. Something that stirs the feelings the way we feel about Ireland in a World Cup final.
    Alas:( I'll probably hate the whole lot of them:o.. or I'll like the one person the whole of Ireland and Britain hates...and I'll spend the next three months surfing the net looking for someone that agrees with me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Karly Ashworth already has her own personal website, I wish they'd go back to the mostly unknown ordinary housemates, rather then the half established wag wannabes...:D

• Advertisement

I fully agree, I don't think people already known should be picked as original Housemates.
    I wouldn't mind some past housemates coming in half way through to stir it up a bit but the 16 new ones for this year should all be equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hope there's someone in it that I love as much as MNG loved Rachel...great to feel such passion and enthusiasm and fierce loyalty to another human being.

I thought it was borderline weird :pac:

Anyway, this time tomorrow we'll have our 16 guinea pigs, yay.

Hello to you too Mr Durden:). Hope there's someone in it that I love as much as Mng loved Rachel...great to feel such passion and enthusiasm and fierce loyalty to another human being. Something that stirs the feelings the way we feel about Ireland in a World Cup final.
    Alas:( I'll probably hate the whole lot of them:o.. or I'll like the one person the whole of Ireland and Britain hates...and I'll spend the next three months surfing the net looking for someone that agrees with me.

I sometimes have a tendancy to like the ones some people dont like either.
    I thought it was borderline weird :pac:

Anyway, this time tomorrow we'll have our 16 guinea pigs, yay.

LOL :D

I might miss the launch night tomorrow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

dmcg90 wrote: »

Oh that and the small matter of not being able to vote in Ireland anymore but I bet C4 just quickly brushed over that one in the press release.

We weren't able to vote last year either!

I'm not keen on the idea that 16 people will have to compete to become housemates. They're going to be made live on porridge and water for the first few days and will have no furniture. I'm not interested in watching people be miserable...they should be allowed get some booze into them the first night! It should only be until Sunday though, apparently there'll be a live eviction that night.

Oh and apparently there's an Irish guy going in...hope it's not someone embarrassing!

That was me last year... I loved Rex but his fans were few and far between!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

We weren't able to vote last year either

It stopped in the Rex V. Belinda eviction last year, supposedly they couldn't bring it back. C4 own the format here and in the uk, therefore we should be able to vote IMO

dmcg90 wrote: »
    It stopped in the Rex V. Belinda eviction last year, supposedly they couldn't bring it back. C4 own the format here and in the uk, therefore we should be able to vote IMO

Oh yeah I remember that actually. Yeah I do agree with you though, it's ridiculous that we can't vote :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Diary room chair is very colourful

cd63a428860be55f2b37c734e6bcc595_extra.jpg

Looks a bit flimsy and breakable when they will all pile onto it :D

Looking forward to tonight's launch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll try and give it a look. See if I can find a favourite like last year!

rachel_rice_miss_wales.gif

'Here's looking at you, kid' :rolleyes:

:D

Advertisement