Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching BBUK10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The 'Gay Vote theory' is complete and utter bolix.

The 'Regional Vote theory'.... .

I'm not saying 'hey, there's a gay guy .. he must win' or 'there's a geordie lad, he's must be a good thing' ..

What I am saying is there are five or six reasons people will pick up the phone and Sophie & Charlie have more of those boxes ticked than any other HMs IMO.

Gay vote means nothing on it's own, f**kability nothing on it's own, likability nothing on it's own, non-bitchyness nothing on it's own, entertaining HM nothing on it's own, tragic family circumstances nothing on it's own etc etc

But when you add them all up, that's a hell of alot of reasons for people to pick up the phone and vote ..

I'm calling it a Charlie win with only Sophie to challange.

Marcus, Lisa, Fred and Siavash can fight out the minors .. Dave's gone next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Nico22 wrote: »

I'm calling it a Charlie win with only Sophie to challange.

Marcus, Lisa, Fred and Siavash can fight out the minors .. Dave's gone next.

With the HM's that are left and looking at loyalties etc I expect next week to see another 3 horse race David , Marcus and Lisa

Can see Marcus ,Siavash and Rodrigo voting for Lisa
    and
    with Sophie comment a few weeks back about originals
    so she along with Marcus and maybe Rodrigo will vote David

3 Votes will be enough.

OH Marcus will get his 3 votes from Lisa ,David , and Charlie

Think Lisa could go..

Now for the lotto numbers.................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

The reason David and Sophie wont win was elegantly expressed by one Kirk Lazarus,

Kirk Lazarus:
    Everybody knows you never go full retard.
    Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

I'm sorry David and Sophie, but you both went full retard and now you should go home empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead :D Yay she got the boot! She got some savage boos, even in the studio, wow!

On a side note i hated the way BB gave housemates magazines what an absolute load of bollocks.

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead :D Yay she got the boot! She got some savage boos, even in the studio, wow!

On a side note i hated the way BB gave housemates magazines what an absolute load of bollocks.

Think the reason they did that is because of all the rule breaking this year. People refusing to nominate etc.

Allow them to talk about nominations and giving some access to the outside world is a kind of like catching your kids smoking and then saying .. 'okay, i'm gonna make you smoke three full packs till you puke' ..

Or maybe that just happened to me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

Yo flintonie, do you mean you have had 10 glasses of wine.......how are you still able to type????????
    Fair play to ya!!

How did you find the send off Bea got??

ohhhhhhhhhhhh me edd me edd, what happened I woke up on the floor tongue stuck to the roof of me mouth grappling with a cardboard cut out of sophie:o,

three empty bottles of wine and the forth one opened,
    as for the show I have to watch it again as there are no images in that department of me brain, the problem is I have to do it all again tonight :D.

charlie will defo not win .

ROCKMAN wrote: »

Think Lisa could go..

This week I see David going with only one possible other HM -- Marcus :(

Wouldn't want it but HMs are not stupid and they see Marcus surrviving being up all the time and they know he's one of the favs so I think that he will get a few noms just on the basis of getting rid of the competition.

If it's Vote to Evict Marcus could very well go ..

If it switches to Vote to Save this week then Marcus will be fine as he has to many fans ..

The thing about the public vote is .. the more people you have out there that like you .. the more people you'll have out there that don't ..

Basically he's the Man Utd of the BB house and that's not always good when it's Vote to Evict ..

fintonie wrote: »

charlie will defo not win .

How do you see the final three then?

Mine ..
    1. Charlie
    2. Sophie
    3. Lisa

Mine ..
    1. Charlie
    2. Sophie
    3. Lisa

its not so easy to call but for the sake of looking back and cringing,

sophie
    rod
    marcus/lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This week I see David going with only one possible other HM -- Marcus :(

Wouldn't want it but HMs are not stupid and they see Marcus surrviving being up all the time and they know he's one of the favs so I think that he will get a few noms just on the basis of getting rid of the competition.

If it's Vote to Evict Marcus could very well go ..

If it switches to Vote to Save this week then Marcus will be fine as he has to many fans ..

The thing about the public vote is .. the more people you have out there that like you .. the more people you'll have out there that don't ..

Basically he's the Man Utd of the BB house and that's not always good when it's Vote to Evict ..

There is noway Marcus would go over David, NOWAY! :)

Mine ..
    1. Charlie
    2. Sophie
    3. Lisa

I dont want Charlie to win, Sophie wouldnt be the worse, Lisa i dont want to win.

1.Marcus/Siavash

The reason I think sophie or ron will win is most of the footage of them they are fooling around laughing, this will make the public smile and even cry with laughter sometimes,

because of this people will automatically take a shine to them, also when they slag someone of or even out someone as being a player it is seen as them being clever, which is also good as they are not really meant to be,

I find it hard to get past them being the last 2 HMs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Headshot wrote: »
    sorry to disappoint but Rod all the way

Hopefully not - I'm praying that he throws his toys out of the pram once too often. Such infantile behaviour; he really belongs in a junior BB

ok guys have a good evening and enjoy your BB experience tonight, I am starting my wine escapade in the next hour or less (ok defo less) so this may be the last coherent message I post today,

apologies now for any blips that may occur later :)

There is noway Marcus would go over David, NOWAY! :)

More people like Marcus over David that is true .. but it is also true that more people dislike Marcus than David ..

Between the two:

Vote To Evict Marcus would go ..

Vote To Save David would go ..

I dont want Charlie to win,

Either do I :)

1.Marcus/Siavash

I'd like:
    1. Marcus
    2. Sivash
    3. Sophie
    But IMO it won't go like that ..

ok guys have a good evening and enjoy your BB experience tonight, I am starting my wine escapade in the next hour or less (ok defo less) so this may be the last coherent message I post today,

apologies now for any blips that may occur later :)

Just try not to get banned for a month if you come on later ranting and raving because you miss the finale :p
    More people like Marcus over David that is true .. but it is also true that more people dislike Marcus than David ..

Between the two:

Vote To Evict Marcus would go ..

Vote To Save David would go ..

Either do I :)

I'd like:
    1. Marcus
    2. Sivash
    3. Sophie
    But IMO it won't go like that ..

I honestly can think why you would think David would stay over Marcus in a vote to evict? I havent seen the odds in awhile but im sure David isnt even in the top 5, i think Marcus is in the top 3 at the moment i would guess, Marcus has massive momentum at the moment and only he will be his downfall.

All i can think of is that your smoking crack :p:D :pac:

All i can think of is that your smoking crack :p:D :pac:

LOOK, it's not crack dude!

HomerPuff.jpg

Okay, yes Marcus is getting more popular but becuase of his charming personality you either love him or hate him .. just for the record I love him :D

Lets say Friday it's David vs Marcus ..

I really don't think people care if David stays or goes. He's not a great housemate ..

Whereas, there are alot of people who hate Marcus so they will vote to evict him. Are Marcus's fans really going to pick up the phone and vote to evict David .. some maybe, but not as many as will pick up the phone to get rid of Marcus.

That's why we lose all the best housemates with Vote To Evict .. people assume that because someone is a great housemate they'll never get evicted .. but that is exactly why they get evicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes, he is getting more popular but becuase of Marcus's personality you either love him or hate him .. just for the record I love him :D

I really don't think people care if David stays or goes. He's not a great housemate ..

Whereas, there are alot of people who hate Marcus so they will vote to evict him. Are Marcus's fans really going to pick up the phone and vote to evict David .. some maybe, but not as many as will pick up the phone to get rid of Marcus.

That's why we lose all the best housemates with Vote To Evict .. people assume that because someone is a great housemate they'll never get evicted .. but that is exactly why they get evicted.

I agree that vote to evict and vote to save can make a difference - but only when more than 2 people are up for eviction. if its just the 2 then it doesn't matter. if you're a fan of one and its a vote to evict then you vote for the other. When its multiple contenders, it has to be vote to save

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Yes, he is getting more popular but becuase of Marcus's personality you either love him or hate him .. just for the record I love him :D

That's why we lose all the best housemates with Vote To Evict .. people assume that because someone is a great housemate they'll never gt evicted .. but that is exactly why they get evicted.

I think your theory is correct but your example is wrong. (edit, as greendom has said above in a lot less words than me :-) )

Most of the evidence (and its by no means hard evidence) is that Vote to Evict (VTE) and Vote To Save (VTS) don't make any difference in a Head To Head eviction.
    If someone likes a candidate enough that they would vote Positively for them, then in a Head To Head they will also vote negatively for their opponent.
    So as a gambling man I would price up a David v Marcus contest the same way whether its VTE or VTS.

Where you get a different result is when there are 3+ candidates, and the difference between VTS and VTE obviously gets more prounounced as you increase the candidates.

By the way I've mentioned before that C4 don't actually mind losing the big characters along the way, which is why they won't ever do it as VTS all the way. The Friday evictions are the big ratings grabbers/money spinners, and having Noirins and Beas and Srees etc as the interviewee is actually desirable for C4. People would soon stop tuning in if it was the Hiras being interviewed every Friday.

greendom wrote: »
    I agree that vote to evict and vote to save can make a difference - but only when more than 2 people are up for eviction. if its just the 2 then it doesn't matter. if you're a fan of one and its a vote to evict then you vote for the other. When its multiple contenders, it has to be vote to save

Have to respectfully disagree ..

As the man say's Who Goes? YOU Decide! .. and that is what motivates people to pick up their phone and press those numbers .. people who hate a person and want them out.

People don't angrily save someone or angrily evict the person that's up againist someone they like .. some might, yes -- but never in the numbers that it would take to evict someone.

This is exactly why when a good housemate goes people come on and say 'why did they go?' or 'it's a fix' .. it's not -- it's just the way the voting goes.

I have voted about 20 times over the years to evict cause I hated a person and yet only twice have I voted to evict someon cause I liked the other housemate ..

• Advertisement

I think your theory is correct but your example is wrong ..

How DARE you!!
    Most of the evidence (and its by no means hard evidence)

Well I WANT hard evidence! Now! :D
    having Noirins and Beas and Srees etc as the interviewee is actually desirable for C4. People would soon stop tuning in if it was the Hiras being interviewed every Friday.

Totally agree .. bunch of suits only caring about the almighty buck. The show is losing it's soul :)

Just try not to get banned for a month if you come on later ranting and raving because you miss the finale tongue.gif

duly noted, the first time I posted here after 2 post I got banned for using the word
    breasts in its derogatory form

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

C4:
    Big Brother likes a bit of healthy competition between the housemates, so what better way than to get them to wrestle each other? And just to add a bit of interest, why not get them all oiled up too. Hmm, that's pricked a few ears up

"For today's Task, housemates must compete in an Oil Wrestling Championship," David read out from the laminate. "Housemates will battle against each other in a series of oil wrestling bouts," he added.

"The reader of these instructions will receive a bye into the Semi Final," continued David, smiling. "This housemate will also be responsible for oiling the competitors before the first stage," he added with an "hmm" and a smile.

"Housemates must remain on their knees when wrestling each other and must not wrestle from a standing position," David explained, adding "Housemates are only permitted to wrestle each other in the 'grapple and push', so you can grab each other and push, there's no punching, or slapping, or owt like that," he added.

All that remained was for the housemates to decide on their names and don their wrestling outfits

"What'cha gonna do Brother? What'cha gonna do when BBmania runs wild on you?"

An oiled up Sophie for the lads.:P

Just try not to get banned for a month if you come on later ranting and raving because you miss the finale tongue.gif

duly noted, the first time I posted here after 2 post I got banned for using the word
    breasts in its derogatory form

They have a derogatory word? News to me :p

Nico i think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, i like the pic by the way.

They have a derogatory word? News to me :p

Nico i think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, i like the pic by the way.

there are quite a few, abuse the post not the poster, I abused the HMs and got me bum slapped, mmmmmmm bum slapped:)

C4:

"What'cha gonna do Brother? What'cha gonna do when BBmania runs wild on you?"

An oiled up Sophie for the lads.:P

You wrestling nut! :pac:

ohld2c.gif149cq52.gif30w0du1.gif5nzxhar4jwavatr2txpf.gif

Sophie wrestling should be fun.

there are quite a few, abuse the post not the poster, I abused the HMs and got me bum slapped, mmmmmmm bum slapped:)

Alright man, calm down calm down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

greendom wrote: »
    Turn off your cordless phone - that often seems to cure this common problem

Ah thanks Greendom, I'll give that a go now:). It'd be great if it works.

Alright man, calm down calm down :)

duly noted, breathing slowly and counting to ten oooooooooooo the wine is hitting me at a rate of knots thank you Mon Ami two bottles will be enough me thinks.

• Advertisement

I love sophie talking in clingon

Advertisement