Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching BBUK10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Nico22 wrote: »
    I wasn't gonna to say anything but I didn't buy that Queen task for a second. I think he knew fine well that wasn't the Queen of England sitting in the back of a TV studio ..

Sure the HMs told him for days they might send in a fake Queen .. it's all a sham. I think he's basing his whole game play on another HM who won BB and was also not from England.

That HM also ranted and raved about nothing as it goes, and low and behold they also kept saying they craved the approval of the British public .. and that HM was:

Nadia!

Nadia on YouTube

That was mostly about cigs though, her rants, Nadia pulled it off though (pun intended) because none of the HMs sussed she used to be He.:pac:

No comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No comparison.

Both are Gay, both Foreign, both rant and scream for stupid reasons, both constantly talked about the british public liking them and what it would mean to them .. and you say:

"No comparison" .. !!??!! Man, your a tough audience :)

Both are Gay, both Foreign, both rant and scream for stupid reasons, both constantly talked about the british public liking them and what it would mean to them .. and you say:

"No comparison" .. !!??!! Man, your a tough audience :)

No, not at all, there just is no comparison.:pac:

No, not at all, there just is no comparison.:pac:

Well, if your watching the LF somenight and Rodrigo's in the shower and the camera pans down to reveal a bald mangina .. don't come f**king running to me for forgiveness!! :mad:

:)

Wouldn't dream of it.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nadia wasn't gay was she? It was a bit confusing but I always thought it best to think of her as a woman whose orientation was heterosexual.

I always thought it best to think of her as a woman ..

That's what they all say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

zuroph wrote: »
    he's also doing it just to take the piss. His latest diary rooms have been some of his best, like tonights episode where he's simultaneously explaining his sense of humour while putting on a perfect display of it. He knows exactly whats going on in the house all the time, speaks his mind, has rarely been on the wrong side of an argument, and can climb a wall like a ninja.

Awesome! Definitely hope he wins at this stage.
    I think your theory is correct but your example is wrong. (edit, as greendom has said above in a lot less words than me :-) )

Most of the evidence (and its by no means hard evidence) is that Vote to Evict (VTE) and Vote To Save (VTS) don't make any difference in a Head To Head eviction.
    If someone likes a candidate enough that they would vote Positively for them, then in a Head To Head they will also vote negatively for their opponent.
    So as a gambling man I would price up a David v Marcus contest the same way whether its VTE or VTS.

Where you get a different result is when there are 3+ candidates, and the difference between VTS and VTE obviously gets more prounounced as you increase the candidates.

By the way I've mentioned before that C4 don't actually mind losing the big characters along the way, which is why they won't ever do it as VTS all the way. The Friday evictions are the big ratings grabbers/money spinners, and having Noirins and Beas and Srees etc as the interviewee is actually desirable for C4. People would soon stop tuning in if it was the Hiras being interviewed every Friday.

Good analysis sir.

Outright to win betting is as follows at the mo (on PP):

Marcus 5 / 2
    Sophie 5 / 2
    Rodrigo 7 / 2
    Siavash 7 / 2
    Charlie 10 / 1
    Lisa 20 / 1
    David 40 / 1

Bearing in mind that this is the type of event where the trader doesn't have a much greater advantage over you (assuming you watch it a lot, read a few forums, keep an eye on the tabloids, etc) it's probably a very good market to punt on (note how the bookies got the Freddie / Marcus eviction wrong).

The public are fickle, and things could change significantly again before the final. As such, I like Charlie at that price right now, and wouldn't punt any of the four favs at present, because I think prices will drift in and out significantly over the coming 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Awesome! Definitely hope he wins at this stage.

Good analysis sir.

Outright to win betting is as follows at the mo (on PP):

Marcus 5 / 2
    Sophie 5 / 2
    Rodrigo 7 / 2
    Siavash 7 / 2
    Charlie 10 / 1
    Lisa 20 / 1
    David 40 / 1

Bearing in mind that this is the type of event where the trader doesn't have a much greater advantage over you (assuming you watch it a lot, read a few forums, keep an eye on the tabloids, etc) it's probably a very good market to punt on (note how the bookies got the Freddie / Marcus eviction wrong).

The public are fickle, and things could change significantly again before the final. As such, I like Charlie at that price right now, and wouldn't punt any of the four favs at present, because I think prices will drift in and out significantly over the coming 10 days.

I have to agree with you, it dose not take much to lose or gain support from the public, this is why I think Marcus is not a safe bet,
    it is very possible for him to say or do something which will be his downfall, the public live the BB experience with the house mates even though on the outside,
    they will forget what happened two days ago but react strongly to what is happening today, charlie will not win as he is constantly in situations where it destroys his nice boy only for me mum outlook,
    as I watch it now for me Lisa is a major dark horse, the right footage at the right time and I can see her winning,

I hope not as I backed Sophie when Kris left at 20/1 :)

Anyone listening to this bi**h on Channel4 now?? BBLB ..

She says she's been "Misrepresented" .. "whole of arguments not shown" .. man she get's my goat up.

Still devour her though :o

• Advertisement

It's Bea, did you expect her to say any different?:pac:

It's Bea, did you expect her to say any different?:pac:

I expected her to go home and get a good telling to and be spanked 'till her bottom was red and I was sure that after that she would learn her ways ..

I always have dreams like that though ;)

Anyone listening to this bi**h on Channel4 now?? BBLB ..

She says she's been "Misrepresented" .. "whole of arguments not shown" .. man she get's my goat up.

flip sake I missed it

fintonie wrote: »
    flip sake I missed it

It's on again at 3 on E4.:pac:

It's on again at 3 on E4.:pac:

lucky for some,
    i suppose i should be thankfull as the only channel i can get is 4 (i was going to say station but it just didnt seem right have you any views on this)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

By the way, I'd be somewhat interested in hearing some female opinions on her clothes and make up choices for her TV appearances on Friday and today? As a not too fashion savvy male, she looked plain ridiculous to me both times (the eyelashes on BBBM wtf?).

Although yeah, you would no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

jasus that feet thing, I taught there was nothing I wouldn't do till I saw this.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    By the way, I'd be somewhat interested in hearing some female opinions on her clothes and make up choices for her TV appearances on Friday and today? As a not too fashion savvy male, she looked plain ridiculous to me both times (the eyelashes on BBBM wtf?).

She hasn't a clue, I can only take a guess and say she is trying to be original or she gets dressed in the dark.

On another note, I want one of those Marcus Figures.:eek:
    It was deadly.:pac:

• Advertisement

I would of swore it was norin and marcus

fintonie wrote: »
    I would of swore it was norin and marcus

You could be right :D

Nah, not really he just made BB for me this year.:pac:

That was Katraya, she was in BB last year.

Nah, not really he just made BB for me this year.:pac:

So you won't be flicking through the Argos catalouge looking King Marcus duvet covers then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

So you won't be flicking through the Argos catalouge looking King Marcus duvet covers? :)

Considering what MARCUS usually uses duvets for ,:eek: no-one will be buying second-hand:D

So you won't be flicking through the Argos catalouge looking King Marcus duvet covers then? :)

Not unless he joins the WWE.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Have to respectfully disagree ..

As the man say's Who Goes? YOU Decide! .. and that is what motivates people to pick up their phone and press those numbers .. people who hate a person and want them out.

People don't angrily save someone or angrily evict the person that's up againist someone they like .. some might, yes -- but never in the numbers that it would take to evict someone.

This is exactly why when a good housemate goes people come on and say 'why did they go?' or 'it's a fix' .. it's not -- it's just the way the voting goes.

I have voted about 20 times over the years to evict cause I hated a person and yet only twice have I voted to evict someon cause I liked the other housemate ..

That probably shows why BB choose vote to evict much more often. People are apparently more motivated by hate than love (to vote in BB anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ann22 wrote: »
    Greendom, it worked:) The whole episode played and didn't skip once. It hasn't done that in ages:). Thanks a million for your genius advice.

Great glad it worked, we have exactly the same problem. Sometimes it is enough simply to put the phone back in its holder, sometimes the phone needs to be turned off

Advertisement