Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching BBUK10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Posted in the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1209098/Big-Brother-scrapped-Channel-4-ratings-disaster.html):
    Big Brother will be scrapped by Channel 4 after this year's show proved a ratings disaster, it has been claimed.

This year's series, the tenth so far, has pulled in an average of just two million viewers which is a massive drop from the 10 million who tuned in during its heyday.

An announcement that the programme, which first aired in 2000, will be axed after next year is reportedly due from Channel 4 as early as this Friday.

EDIT: Channel 4 confirmed one more year (one celeb series, one regular series) of BB, then it's axed: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/a173855/confirmed-big-brother-to-end-on-channel-4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i liked charlie until last night. he was a total a**hole to siavash the way he kept going on about him cheating on his gf. reaaaaaally dont like him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It had plenty of relevance though, when Siavash came out of the diary room he said he had nominated.

He lied.
    Charlie just pulled him up on it.

Pull me up on this if I am wrong though.

AFAIK though, thats why Rodrigo made such a fuss and told the rest of the HMs.:pac:

He didn't say he had nominated when he came out of the DR. Everyone just said "That was quick Siavash" and he said nothing.

Charlie really sealed his faith last night I think. What a nasty prick. That's the true Charlie shining through finally. Hateful, jealous and bitter. Rodrigo's not much better. Siavash was SO right to ask them if they believed if he was only doing it to make himself look better, then they're just annoyed that they didn't think of it.

I really hate Charlie and Rodrigo, the way they were attacking Siavash was disgusting. I know Siavash was in the wrong for not nominating but I hated the way they kept asking him to tell them the truth, and then wouldn't let him talk. Or else he WOULD actually tell them the truth and they were telling him it was lies. Nasty nasty boys. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm worried about this week's eviction. Siavash and Marcus have been my favourites for ages. I want Siavash to go but I'm worried it's going to be Marcus. If Marcus goes then one of the plebs are going to win!

Sophie getting even worse last night with the Jade act. What was with the retarded voice she was putting on in the DR after her geography task? I've never heard her speak like that before. I can't believe she's still favourite to win. I hope to god that the GBP are seeing through her act, but they're probably not :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

As the housemates were gathered on the sofas they were told that, yes they were entertaining when they broke out of the House and into the camera runs, but they broke the rules. And, as a consequence, the prize money has been reduced from 100k to... zero.

Oddly, the housemates cheered and clapped. David and Charlie said they are glad.

David and Lisa had a chat and said that they didn't care about the money as they didn't want it. They later talked about their trip to London, saying how 'weird' it was being back in the House, leading Charlie to tell David he'd only been in here 5 minutes anyway'. Charlie then said it was a joke

Rodrigo went to the Diary Room and talked about going into the camera runs, saying that it was not a rule break as they were being entertaining. Suffice to say, Big Brother did not agree.

The housemates watched as Marcus got out the pool to go for a wee. Charlie admitted that when he is in the pool, he wees in it, Sophie said that she does too. Rodrigo then admitted that he often wees in the bath when he's sharing it with other housemates and Sophie once again agreed that she does it. Eeww.

Just after midnight Siavash joked with Sophie that she has tried it on with all the male housemates. Forty minutes later Sophie told Siavash that she has never fancied him and he replied that all girls fancy him, and that his ex-girlfriend described him as her perfect guy. Sophie told him that he was short, hairy and not slim'.

At 02:19 Charlie and Rodrigo were cuddling in bed. They snuggled under the duvet and began to kiss.

OMG!!! So that's the consequence of their rule breaking??? I'm shocked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

jobucks wrote: »
    As the housemates were gathered on the sofas they were told that, yes they were entertaining when they broke out of the House and into the camera runs, but they broke the rules. And, as a consequence, the prize money has been reduced from 100k to... zero.

Oddly, the housemates cheered and clapped. David and Charlie said they are glad.

David and Lisa had a chat and said that they didn't care about the money as they didn't want it. They later talked about their trip to London, saying how 'weird' it was being back in the House, leading Charlie to tell David he'd only been in here 5 minutes anyway'. Charlie then said it was a joke

Rodrigo went to the Diary Room and talked about going into the camera runs, saying that it was not a rule break as they were being entertaining. Suffice to say, Big Brother did not agree.

The housemates watched as Marcus got out the pool to go for a wee. Charlie admitted that when he is in the pool, he wees in it, Sophie said that she does too. Rodrigo then admitted that he often wees in the bath when he's sharing it with other housemates and Sophie once again agreed that she does it. Eeww.

Just after midnight Siavash joked with Sophie that she has tried it on with all the male housemates. Forty minutes later Sophie told Siavash that she has never fancied him and he replied that all girls fancy him, and that his ex-girlfriend described him as her perfect guy. Sophie told him that he was short, hairy and not slim'.

At 02:19 Charlie and Rodrigo were cuddling in bed. They snuggled under the duvet and began to kiss.

I was just reading that on the C4 website!
    Is BB for real saying that the money is gone? I hope they are gonna make 'em earn it back or something next week!

Is BB for real saying that the money is gone? I hope they are gonna make 'em earn it back or something next week!

Yeah I find it hard to believe!

This bit is f*cking disguting btw! Another reason for me to dislike them 3!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Ya, I'd say there will be an oportunity to win it back.... some task or something

Ya, I'd say there will be an oportunity to win it back.... some task or something

Maybe not though!
    Apparently Ch4 are only breaking even on this series, they'll want to claw back any money they can!

BTW, not sure if this has been posted here yet or not, but Channel 4 have confirmed that next year's BB will be the last one they broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BTW, not sure if this has been posted here yet or not, but Channel 4 have confirmed that next year's BB will be the last one they broadcast.
    Hmmm... don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

basquille wrote: »
    Maybe not though!
    Apparently Ch4 are only breaking even on this series, they'll want to claw back any money they can!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Very pissed off that BB have done such a poor job over the last 3 weeks.
    Surprised that they didn't make more of an effort to break up the Lisa/David group or the Charlie/Roger/Sophie group. But they've let the Freddie/Bea/Siavash/Marcus group be decimated.

So we are now going to be left with 5 people that I fairly much dislike (and that most people seem to dislike, not a good bit of organisation by BB at all)

In other news, apparently next years BB is the last one, C4 won't be renewing the contract.

:o

Very pissed off that BB have done such a poor job over the last 3 weeks.
    Surprised that they didn't make more of an effort to break up the Lisa/David group or the Charlie/Roger/Sophie group. But they've let the Freddie/Bea/Siavash/Marcus group be decimated.

So we are now going to be left with 5 people that I fairly much dislike (and that most people seem to dislike, not a good bit of organisation by BB at all)

In other news, apparently next years BB is the last one, C4 won't be renewing the contract.

No frickin way!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ugh, the amount of rubbish and disgusting things here.
    I wish i could comment properly, not bothered with spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

mdwexford wrote: »

Just start a new thread 'Housemates Hygience (inc spoilers)' or somefink like that.
    We should definitely be starting more threads for the last week anyway, wreck this fcuking joint before next Friday. :pac:

(edit : in honour of IDH obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Pissing
    in the shower is a different matter.:D

A snake I tell ye ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

as Nico has pointed out shes on the down slide (BB that is),

if there axing show this would explain why they dont seem to give a fook,

I dont think they will offer the chance to get the money back,

pissing in the pool is not very cool,

if it comes out before Friday that there will be no more BB I fear for Marcus, and from earlier posts it looks like it has,

because of all this as another poster has pointed out, Lisa will get good editing rights putting her on the top of the heap.

also maybe its just me but they seemed to show so much more LF uninterrupted this year.

mdwexford wrote: »

I've said before on thread, we really only need spoilers for nominations and shock news.

They wreck a thread when they keep getting quoted.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

fintonie wrote: »
    as Nico has pointed out shes on the down slide (BB that is),

if there axing show this would explain why they dont seem to give a fook,

The reason I thought it was ending is that they were letting everyone behave like it's the last day at school .. I'm not mystic meg :)
    fintonie wrote: »
    Lisa will get good editing rights putting her on the top of the heap.

Tell me about it and now yesterday's 5/2 Lisa to come in the last four is long gone :mad:

Only one thing can save BB now or next year IMO

Nominations to be made in front of other HM's , Think of the reactions and atmosphere in the house after that every week . ThE bitching , backstabbing yes you would have groups forming but at some stage they would have to turn on each other . Oh and there would be no discussion of Noms before hand .Evict the first person to talk about or refuse to nominate.

A snake I tell ye......

And theres one twist they could also use if it was open nominations , One week the two Hm's that a person nomination are in fact save and your votes go to the others HM'S ie your friends or allies:D

A snake I tell ye.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

0d416af0a3f4c310d67b9310ac359610_extra.jpg

Marcus says .. :)

At this stage in Big Brother, the housemates are usually getting on like a house on fire, with not a bad word to say about each other. Well this year, one housemate is breaking the mould. Marcus has been to the Diary Room this morning and wasted no time in slating every single one of his fellow housemates, not to mention Big Brother. Ouch.

"How are you today Marcus?" asked Big Brother.

"I've been a bit bored the past four or five days," muttered Marcus, slumped sideways in the chair. "Going through the runs was alright, but as soon as we do something you punish us. You need to have a think about what you actually want."

Ah, we had forgotten about Marcus's role as Executive Advisor to Big Brother.

"How do you feel about the punishment?" asked Big Brother.

"I couldn't care less," said Marcus nonchalantly. "The fact that there is a punishment is ****. What the punishment is doesn't matter. Maybe you need to do an announcement over the speakers that you're boring, and say sorry for it."

"How do you think your fellow housemates feel about the punishment?" asked Big Brother, not sounding too worried about being branded boring.

"I think David's gutted," replied Marcus. "You can tell a lot about why people are in it. Lisa a little bit as well, but David's face... he was very angry. I don't think any of the others were too happy about it. They might say they don't give a **** but I think every one of them is thinking about the money."

"I've had fleeting thoughts about it," he admitted. "You can't help it, this close to the end. But I think they've all pretty much worked out how they're going to spend it."

Working himself up into a frenzy of expletive-ridden badmouthing, he continued, "Such tactical voting this week, I can't believe it. What a bunch of lying ******** out there, they really are. I don't give a **** if I go on Friday 'cause I'd rather go, in all honesty, to get away from them. They're just a bunch of bull ********. I'll just be what I want to be, and **** them. I'm bored of this transparent behaviour. Fake ********."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is it true that the winner is gettin nuthing?. That the 100K is no longer on the table cos they were bold. Wot a joke. This BB is rapidly descending into farce and it had so much promise. Stupid editing killed it.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Only one thing can save BB now or next year IMO

Nominations to be made in front of other HM's , Think of the reactions and atmosphere in the house after that every week . ThE bitching , backstabbing yes you would have groups forming but at some stage they would have to turn on each other . Oh and there would be no discussion of Noms before hand .Evict the first person to talk about or refuse to nominate....

A snake I tell ye......

I have to agree ROCKMAN,

but wait till week 4 (at this stage they will more than likely be friends with someone they didnt like in the first couple of weeks)

then do the noms for all to see but also showing all the previous noms, salivating urrrrrrrr

Please stop with the spoilers.
    We dont need them for news from other sites.

Nico your a messer do you look like mystic meg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Only one thing can save BB now or next year IMO...

....or Marcus as the new executive producer.

• Advertisement

Channel 4 has confirmed that it is axing reality TV series Big Brother.

The broadcaster has announced that the show will not return following next year's 11th series.

The news comes after ratings for the current run fell to an all-time low, with an average of just two million viewers tuning in to watch the housemates' antics.

The series once attracted audiences of up to ten million viewers and made household names of the likes of Jade Goody, 'Nasty' Nick Bateman and Brian Dowling.

There is also expected to be one more series of Celebrity Big Brother before Channel 4 drops the series entirely from its schedules. The channel is currently locked into a three-year deal with Big Brother's creator Endemol which ends next year.

A TV insider told The Sun: "The reality is people are bored with it. Even at Channel 4 the vibe among staff is that if you like Big Brother you've not cool. If the people commissioning the show don't think it's cool, what hope is there?"

Advertisement