Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching BBUK10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

fintonie wrote: »
    Channel 4 has confirmed that it is axing reality TV series Big Brother.

The broadcaster has announced that the show will not return following next year's 11th series.

The news comes after ratings for the current run fell to an all-time low, with an average of just two million viewers tuning in to watch the housemates' antics.

The series once attracted audiences of up to ten million viewers and made household names of the likes of Jade Goody, 'Nasty' Nick Bateman and Brian Dowling.

There is also expected to be one more series of Celebrity Big Brother before Channel 4 drops the series entirely from its schedules. The channel is currently locked into a three-year deal with Big Brother's creator Endemol which ends next year.

A TV insider told The Sun: "The reality is people are bored with it. Even at Channel 4 the vibe among staff is that if you like Big Brother you've not cool. If the people commissioning the show don't think it's cool, what hope is there?"
    News to me..!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

basquille wrote: »
    News to me..!

:pac:
    Is anyone actually reading this thread?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

What a load of bollix, Marcus Vs Siavash fcuking terrible, bunch of gimps like Lisa/David/Charlie/Rodrigo left iit

Im glad to hear its finishing, everybody is bangwide to whats going on in the house, BB allstars to finish it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

What a load of bollix, Marcus Vs Siavash fcuking terrible, bunch of gimps like Lisa/David/Charlie/Rodrigo left iit

Im glad to hear its finishing, everybody is bangwide to whats going on in the house, BB allstars to finish it off![/QUOTE]

Now there a idea , BB Allstar of Nasty

Fill it with Nasty Nick , Bea , Grace , Mikosi (sp) etc etc And lets watch the blood flow :D:D:D

A snake I tell ye .......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    [
    Fill it with Nasty Nick , Bea , Grace , Mikosi (sp) etc etc And lets watch the blood flow :D:D:D

REX TO WIN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

philip to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

About the same number of people as are watching Big Brother. QED. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Think this might spark a bit more interest in BB11:

Nominations. are made up of housemates and the public's vote. The housemates start with absolutely no say in who say with no nominations. The housemates would compete to get nominations (and therefore power of the house). In the first few weeks there shouldnt be enough nominations to go around between 15-16 people. Therefore the house must decide together who to nominate. Lock them in a room like a jury, toilet breaks only. Nobody leaves until they decide. This would make them take part in tasks and in Big Brother all together.

I really do think this is what BB is missing, viewer involvement should be upped, its what attracted people to Big Brother in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

And bring back voting to RoI!!

Actually I dread to think what my phone bill would have been last year voting for Rex in the final...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

basquille wrote: »
    News to me..!

:D

"Read" it? I thought we were just to post pics and use 'cut & paste' :)

homer_computer.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Think this might spark a bit more interest in BB11:

Nominations. are made up of housemates and the public's vote. The housemates start with absolutely no say in who say with no nominations. The housemates would compete to get nominations (and therefore power of the house). In the first few weeks there shouldnt be enough nominations to go around between 15-16 people. Therefore the house must decide together who to nominate. Lock them in a room like a jury, toilet breaks only. Nobody leaves until they decide. This would make them take part in tasks and in Big Brother all together.

I really do think this is what BB is missing, viewer involvement should be upped, its what attracted people to Big Brother in the first place.

I'd actually like to see it be more like US Big Brother - no viewer voting, episodes full of strategy and not fluff. People could actually play the game. It would be much more interesting to watch, but after 10 years of viewers having the say...it would be tough for them to accept not having any input so I don't think that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

Only one thing can save BB now or next year IMO

Nominations to be made in front of other HM's , Think of the reactions and atmosphere in the house after that every week . ThE bitching , backstabbing yes you would have groups forming but at some stage they would have to turn on each other . Oh and there would be no discussion of Noms before hand .Evict the first person to talk about or refuse to nominate.

They way to change BB is to have it with the same set up as the USA one. Let them all game plan out int he open, have alliances. They have a competition for 1 person to win head of house hold each week. This person picks two people for nomination. Then there is the veto, where the head of house, 2 nominees and 3 random housemates play for veto. if its won you can take yourself off the block for being nominated and the head of household has to nominate someone else, or you can take someone else down from nomination, if you arent up.

Then the next 2 days is the 2 nominees scrambling trying to get votes as its the housemates who decide who to evict. They lie, back stab, would sell out their own mothers and its SO much better!!! not watching people dress up as robots or whistling. how exciting, not!

Also, the people they pick for the house are actually normal people, usually between 24-50 so they have normal conversations, no one is as immature or stupid as some of the people on the uk one, plus its only on 3 nights a week, so you're not bored listening to silly conversations just to fill up the hour

its way better!! WAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

the usa bb is an actual game! not about fame or what magazine deals they will get. its about winning the 500k, and they arent too proud to say it

the uk one is watchin a group of people sit around, argue over stupid things and sleep. and then getting their magazine deals afterwards. boring

I'd actually like to see it be more like US Big Brother -

They way to change BB is to have it with the same set up as the USA one.

One at a time please .. :pac:

Nico22 wrote: »
    One at a time please .. :pac:

Hehe. Must be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

eightyfish wrote: »
    About the same number of people as are watching Big Brother. QED. :rolleyes:

Wow! 2.000.000 people eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

They way to change BB is to have it with the same set up as the USA one. Let them all game plan out int he open, have alliances. They have a competition for 1 person to win head of house hold each week. This person picks two people for nomination. Then there is the veto, where the head of house, 2 nominees and 3 random housemates play for veto. if its won you can take yourself off the block for being nominated and the head of household has to nominate someone else, or you can take someone else down from nomination, if you arent up.

Then the next 2 days is the 2 nominees scrambling trying to get votes as its the housemates who decide who to evict. They lie, back stab, would sell out their own mothers and its SO much better!!! not watching people dress up as robots or whistling. how exciting, not!

Also, the people they pick for the house are actually normal people, usually between 24-50 so they have normal conversations, no one is as immature or stupid as some of the people on the uk one, plus its only on 3 nights a week, so you're not bored listening to silly conversations just to fill up the hour

its way better!! WAY!!

Isn't it a scale of economics though- BB USA can get enough money from advertising revenue (and they probably use product placement as well) to be able to run the program, whereas the UK needs the revenue from phone lines, hence we vote for the big decisions.

Now there a idea , BB Allstar of Nasty

A snake I tell ye .......

I havent been keeping up with the thread much, what is all this "a snake i tell ye" about?

Isn't it a scale of economics though- BB USA can get enough money from advertising revenue (and they probably use product placement as well) to be able to run the program, whereas the UK needs the revenue from phone lines, hence we vote for the big decisions.

Probably, that's another reason it wouldn't work I'd imagine.

Oh, and also...the US BB only airs three days a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I havent been keeping up with the thread much, what is all this "a snake i tell ye" about?

Rockman has Charlie sussed...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭conorhal

the usa bb is an actual game! not about fame or what magazine deals they will get. its about winning the 500k, and they arent too proud to say it

the uk one is watchin a group of people sit around, argue over stupid things and sleep. and then getting their magazine deals afterwards. boring

Naa then it's just survivor or it's countless clones (why does everything in America have to be so competitive?), I prefer the UK version, it's more of a sociology experiment then a gameshow.BB UK is all about the chronology of events and the sadly lacking live feed. I see no need to turn it into 'deal or no deal'. In short, I'd prefer it if it remains just about the people and natural evolution of relationships in the house.
    The really problem lies in the numptys they have been putting in there over the past few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Rockman has Charlie sussed...;)
    He want's him.

Charlie is a snake , trying to cheat , a snake I tell ye,

Rockman's been generating bad feeling about Charlie in order to get his price pushed out on Betfair, just so he can have a sly wager on him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Looks like the 100K has been withdrawn and no house mate will win anything.
    Confirmed on Sky Active.

Should spice things up a bit when they tell them, if they haven't already. :D

kleefarr wrote: »
    Looks like the 100K has been withdrawn and no house mate will win anything.
    Confirmed on Sky Active.

Should spice things up a bit when they tell them, if they haven't already. :D

They've told them...and they've also told them that they'll have opportunities to try to win it back over the next 10 days. Can't imagine it'll be too hard to...but we'll see.

Gutted I didn't get that 5/2 about Lisa to come in the final four :(

No decent value left. Lisa to beat Sophie is 7/1 though which is quite good ..

Anyone who fancies Siavash should really have a bet before Friday asonce Marcus goes he'll be much shorter.

BBBet1.jpg

BBBet2.jpg

BBBet003.jpg

BBBet004.jpg

New snake2.gifvideo on the ..

BB Website

Just watching last nights show at the moment, although i really like Siavash and dont really like Lisa, i hate the way hs is not nominating he is putting a target on his back and going up unnesscesarliy, i think the way Lisa keeps wanting to vote is actually a good thing (shudder)

I think Rodrigo not wanting to talk about nominations is becasuse he doesnt want the other housemates to think bad of him, looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about with Siavash and Charlie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

For once I'm agreeing with Mikey BB9!

Advertisement