Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT - HORRIBLE Line stats / Look at me if you want a laugh

Options
  • 31-05-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Disgusted by the last month with BT, every single night from 6pm approx till about 12am without fail my line stats and speed have fell to just above (In real life below) ISDN.
    To top all of this off I am on a 24mb package paying 70 euro a month, when my line stats arent crap I get 6mb (rarely) yet when the 24mb package was still fresh I got 14-15mb sync speed easy.

Whats going on in the blanch exchange?:mad:
    Line Rate 200 Kbps 80 Kbps
    Noise Margin 6.4 dB 7.4 dB
    Line Attenuation 75.5 dB 65.7 dB

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

post your best stats when you get them

either

1. Problems in the exchange AND/OR
    2. Crosstalk ( interference from other DSL users)

Neither is usually BTs fault as the Blanch exchange is Bitstream and has no BT gear only Eircom gear ....(I think) but if I am worng then 1 would be BTs fault and 2 eircoms fault .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Neither is usually BTs fault as the Blanch exchange is Bitstream and has no BT gear only Eircom gear ....(I think) but if I am worng then 1 would be BTs fault and 2 eircoms fault .

Blanchardstown is unbundled. BT don't sell any bitstream over 7.6.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Likely, but not guaranteed to be BT .

Giz these figures tomorrow when it is working properly

Attenuation there is ****e . The noise margin on ADSL2 will always be around 6db according to other posts on Boards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Disgusted by the last month with BT, every single night from 6pm approx till about 12am without fail my line stats and speed have fell to just above (In real life below) ISDN.
    To top all of this off I am on a 24mb package paying 70 euro a month, when my line stats arent crap I get 6mb (rarely) yet when the 24mb package was still fresh I got 14-15mb sync speed easy.

Whats going on in the blanch exchange?:mad:
    Line Rate 200 Kbps 80 Kbps

The official max attenuation for ADSL2 is 63.4 dB. Are you about 6 km or more from the exchange?

Advertisement