Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

copying discs to hardrive

• 31-05-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

those this actualy happen . i have never been able to get the option. Can some one help me thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

With the game highlighted on the "My Xbox" menu, press the Y (yellow) button and you'll get the option to install.

You still need the disc in the drive to play it, though.
    (It'll do a check when you load the game, then it won't use the disc any more)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You also need to have the most recent XBOX dashboard installed on the xbox (should be automatic if it is on the web)
    Kippy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You still need to have the game disc in the Xbox when playing the game from the HD. Its to prevent piracy etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

is there much point in doing this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

madrab wrote: »

I havent noticed too much of a difference in loading times but what I have noticed it greater stability in playing games and a less noisy Xbox.

To take Fallout 3 as an example, I had alot of issues of the game crashing when i used to play it off the disc. Since putting it on the HD I havent had one problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Nice one.
    I bought but haven't played Fallout 3 yet.
    I will take your advice, hopefully won't have the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

faceman wrote: »
    I havent noticed too much of a difference in loading times but what I have noticed it greater stability in playing games and a less noisy Xbox.

To take Fallout 3 as an example, I had alot of issues of the game crashing when i used to play it off the disc. Since putting it on the HD I havent had one problem.

I noticed that in RE5, I have generally been unable to read the little history snippets it shows while loading...

I installed it before even playing it the first time though, so I dunno if this is the norm, but I was impressed that that kinda load time!

I noticed that in RE5, I have generally been unable to read the little history snippets it shows while loading...

I installed it before even playing it the first time though, so I dunno if this is the norm, but I was impressed that that kinda load time!

Cant say Ive had the same problem. Maybe I have an older Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 phildevan2

hi all, i've an xbox and i cant find this option "My xbox" menu ,if the dashboard needs updating how can this be done if i dont have access to the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You can donwload it from xbox.com or update your dashboard through any game that has been released in the last 3 months.

• Advertisement

thanks
    but one more thing my xbox is only about 2/3 months old should this update be on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Not necessarily, your xbox could have been sitting in the shop since launch day really (unlikely though!)

phildevan2 wrote: »
    thanks
    but one more thing my xbox is only about 2/3 months old should this update be on it..

Does your 360 menu look like this:
    xbox_360_ui_240505.jpg
    or like this:
    NXE_3.jpg

the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irlpotato

madrab wrote: »

it's a lot quieter I find.. the cd drive on my xbox can be noisy as heck

phildevan2 wrote: »
    the first one
    Then you need the NXE update in order to be able to copy discs onto your xbox harddrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Take a look at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm. It gives you an option to install NXE using a flash drive.

i've just downloaded zip files ,will try tomorrow to update dashboard.

Advertisement