Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home ec

Options
  • 31-05-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

i don't think we have a home ec trend yet?:rolleyes:
    so yea..any predications? :p

i think.... what might come up are..

microbio ,food processor(or microwave) ,possibly protein ( i really hope it comes up) vitamins and possibly minerals with some efficiency like they can't really make up a whole 80mark Qs with just vitamins though there should be some abstract topics -_-
    and its time for cereal to come up =O

i don't really know what to expect from the elective in social studies anyone?
    unemployment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

~Candy~ wrote: »
    i don't think we have a home ec trend yet?:rolleyes:
    so yea..any predications? :p

i think.... what might come up are..

microbio ,food processor(or microwave) ,possibly protein ( i really hope it comes up) vitamins and possibly minerals with some efficiency like they can't really make up a whole 80mark Qs with just vitamins though there should be some abstract topics -_-
    and its time for cereal to come up =O

i don't really know what to expect from the elective in social studies anyone?
    unemployment?

PROTEIN must come up lol i done good in the pre on it so fingers crossed!!
    ya id agree with your choices id say if vitamins come up they would tie it in with a health problem or possible dairy related yogurt or something possibly....oh cereal hadnt looked at that thanks 4 the heads up

elective.....well the things are atm id have to same employment,work,lesuire would be the 3 but you cant be sure really

ALSO marriage has never come up for q5!!!EVER...so best of luck thanks for the cereal point;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

:D haha, we both nearly predicated the paper...

wow..nearly ran out the time...was writting like mad
    rushed my last 2 Qs...:(ya marriage came up and the wow..the pre-marriage course was like what !!! there was only four pts given in the book and it was a 18 markQ.,.i made half of them up :rolleyes:

surprised with Q1..but it was ok enough,,
    i think it's a fair paper though..nothing too bad but away too long ....

=) hope i got my A:)...

you could nearly use the milling of flour for the vaule added one..so its kinda cereal related?:P i did cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

did completely ****e in it, really pissed off couldnt answer anything on b12 or anything... elective/social studies was fine but that was about it, be lucky if i pass it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Stupid fecking B12!
    the paper was set around the pork scare so i was like cool meat will be up. so i learned iron protein and fat. and ADEK have never been up so i learned them like the back of my hand too. no no no. b12. whyy?

the social was dodgy... i duno.. i think iv got in the Cs in that paper.. i hoe i get higher but im not so sure... what about you guys?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I thought it was a beautiful paper!

Some questions were mad easy!

I talked to two home ec teachers who both thought it was a nice paper!

We got to choose what apliance we wanted and all!

Wasn't a fan of question one tho, a lot of guessin went into it. Mostly right I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

that was terrible so shocked with the b1 q it was random.. so upset with myself lik lads how dye get on honeslty? do they accecpt atemps and bull **** lik? ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

guess what my friend did, she just copped on after school and was nearly crying! she did the wrong elective my accident! shes one of those mega dedicated students whos studied from the word go.
    so be glad that you guys only missed out on lil bits:pac:, shes just lost 80 marks :(

How do you do the wrong one? If she was able to answer it she'll get some of the marks

omg my mate just did that there to!!!! they wont get marked wont they not? cause i member at start of the yr the teacher was like anyone who wantsw to do social elective sign here and no one did cause we haad to teach ourself. wat wil happen now wit my mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

~Candy~ wrote: »
    :D haha, we both nearly predicated the paper...

wow..nearly ran out the time...was writting like mad
    rushed my last 2 Qs...:(ya marriage came up and the wow..the pre-marriage course was like what !!! there was only four pts given in the book and it was a 18 markQ.,.i made half of them up :rolleyes:

surprised with Q1..but it was ok enough,,
    i think it's a fair paper though..nothing too bad but away too long ....

=) hope i got my A:)...

you could nearly use the milling of flour for the vaule added one..so its kinda cereal related?:P i did cheese

We so did ha im just glad cereals didntcome up didnt really look it i hust prayed ha.
    why the well wasnt protein on for god sake!!!!!!B12 what the hell bluffed it think i done most of well q4 and 5 were nice!as was the social elective way easier then the pre's i thought!!!

ill get a B id say!!Short questions were dead easy i though to!

thankfully time wasnt a problem for me though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

We so did ha im just glad cereals didntcome up didnt really look it i hust prayed ha.
    why the well wasnt protein on for god sake!!!!!!B12 what the hell bluffed it think i done most of well q4 and 5 were nice!as was the social elective way easier then the pre's i thought!!!

ill get a B id say!!Short questions were dead easy i though to!

thankfully time wasnt a problem for me though

haha, yea B12..i swear that was the only one i didnt really knew...i knew A-K B1-B6...i made half of b12..ahh ..
    yea, i regretted to spend that long in Q1 :o..oh well, whats done can not be undone :P

imfreein09 wrote: »
    omg my mate just did that there to!!!! they wont get marked wont they not? cause i member at start of the yr the teacher was like anyone who wantsw to do social elective sign here and no one did cause we haad to teach ourself. wat wil happen now wit my mate?

Theres no real way to do the wrong elective section. You don't sign up to do a certain elective. I don't know how she would do a different elective than the one she had studied all last year?

im in a grind school so i dono we all had to do tat housing one. well the techer is ****e so she didn no anyhthing really and social is kinda the stuff u can bull.

Advertisement