Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncy Castle related injuries

Options
  • 31-05-2009 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Ever have any?

I broke a few ribs when i was younger trying to do a back flip. Over rotated and landed on my neck, body sorta folder over, hence the broken bones haha.

Threw my friend onto one once and he fell and the bouncyness of it all kicked his knees up and hit himself in the nose. Queue lots of blood and tears. :pac: And everyone having to vacate the bouncy castle :(

Any other stories

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

OOooh, I'd rather believe that you can't get injuries on a bouncy castle, you know...
    I do admit that I haven't thought much about it, because knowing of such things would make me be more cautious, and that would just be no fun.
    I believe this thread may shatter some of my bouncy enjoyment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Most bouncy castle injuries come from talking while bouncing and forgetting to keep your tongue behind Your teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Injuries on a bouncy castle my arse. I was on one recently eating a biscuit and I didn't even choke.

I also had a man sitting on my head a lot and I'm fine. He seemed to enjoy it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

janeybabe wrote: »
    I also had a man sitting on my head a lot and I'm fine. He seemed to enjoy it too.

Bet You'd yer tongue out, dangerous stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

janeybabe wrote: »

What kind of a man would do that to you?

As for injuries, having been on a bouncy castle for the first time in about 10 years on Saturday last, I ache in every possible place on my body. For some bizarre reason, just under my ribcage, across my stomach is really sore. When I laugh or sneeze it hurts real bad.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    What kind of a man would do that to you?

A man who struggles to come to terms with his own inadequacies on a bouncy castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

My dad's best friend decided (after some drink) to jump off the roof onto the bouncy castle.... not a good plan, he broke his leg (as he bounced off lol).
    I've gotten many bruises n such like. Kneed myself in the face doing tumbles, getting elbows or other such things to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

My friend's husband was on a bouncy castle with their 18 month old, gently bouncing her - slipped, fell on the child and broke her leg. Honestly!
    I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.:confused:

My friend told me that bouncing on a bouncy castle is bad for an adult's back. She's a loser though so whatever.

guy i know had a kid bite into his toe and slash an artery, He fainted from loss of blood.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

The old classic kneeing in the face while doing tumbles, after that I hadn't been on one in years until 2 weeks ago. I can proudly report there were no injuries this time :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Congrats on surviving injury free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I was at a party a few weeks back with a big bouncy castle, there was a slide coming out of one of the side walls. Bouncing away I figured do a big jump, land on the slide and look pretty cool. I completely missed the slide and landed a few feet past it with my shoulder smashing into the ground followed by my head. Luckily I managed to stand up, but had all these "sparkles" in front of me no matter where I looked.

The sparkles were cool, my shoulder still hurt two days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

The moral of the story is .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i've been banned from bouncing by the wifey after a spate of related injuries.
    cracked a rib few years back, when me and younger brother were having a competition to bounce the highest from a standing position, anyway, I hit the surface at a bad angle, bounced up and off the castle, down,onto, and through a plastic patio table. Seemed alright for a while but gradually got worse and worse.

Broke a bone in my foot the next year from an awkward landing on one of those assault course type ones.

numerous strains and pulls from another time. Kept on bouncing, broke a finger.

moral of my story is, I should have stopped years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

I worked for many years on a large funfair.
    the most dangerous "rides" have always been the inflatables
    check here http://www.rideaccidents.com/inflatables.html if you want to see what can happen.

Advertisement