Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo or Donegal? Which is the better county?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

Sorry! I have to disagree. I have lived in both Mayo and Donegal and the difference is vast. The people make the county, and the Mayo people are by far the friendliest of them all. The county has lovely scenery - the same as Donegal, BUT, the Mayo people know how to welcome a stranger to their county. The Donegals, in my experience are very suspicious of a stranger ( With reason,possibly) and God help you if you get talking to their men! Its just not allowed, no matter how innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gardenstate

ive also lived in both counties and while Mayo is great, Donegal is the best! we have sexier accents and its a beautiful county :) Mayo and donegal people are lovely too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dresta

ive also lived in both counties and while Mayo is great, Donegal is the best! we have sexier accents and its a beautiful county :) Mayo and donegal people are lovely too :D

Ha, meager arguments. Both counties don't live up to the substandard of Meath. The county Dublin wants to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Mayo has given the world some fine people, such as;

Michael Davitt
    Liam McHale
    Louis Walsh
    Darren Fletcher
    Paul McStay
    That young blonde one from FairCity
    Eddie Crane's Dad
    Grace O'Malley

Need I go on ? I can assure you the list is endless.

What has Donegal ever gave Ireland ? The last time I was there I pulled into a filling station, when I got my petrol I was followed by a pikey in a Transit for at least 5 miles. God knows what he was trying to sell me.

For me it's a no brainer. Maigh Eo abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Mayo has given the world some fine people, such as;

Michael Davitt
    Liam McHale
    Louis Walsh
    Darren Fletcher
    Paul McStay
    That young blonde one from FairCity
    Eddie Crane's Dad
    Grace O'Malley

You forgot to mention Miley from Glenroe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

You forgot to mention Miley from Glenroe!

It's never ending :)

Advertisement