Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print margins

Options
  • 01-06-2009 12:22am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im doing up a document for headed paper in Indesign and have it all laid out etc for A4..exported to pdf with 3mm bleed and all is fine. Went to print it on the home printer (HP all in one) just to see how it turned out and its putting a margin the whole way around the document which crops my header and footer on the document and also cuts some off the side. It looks fine in Adobe Reader before printing, if i change the page scaling to fit printable area it prints fine but within a white surrounding margin.

Is there a way to remove this margin adjusting the printable area or is this a generic problem on home printers?? Any help greatly appreciated as its annoying the hell out of me :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Axwell wrote: »
    Is there a way to remove this margin adjusting the printable area or is this a generic problem on home printers?? Any help greatly appreciated as its annoying the hell out of me :mad:

some inkjet printers have a borderless print option but the majority have set margins you can't adjust - if you could turn off the margins the ink would get sprayed all over the inside of the machine and it wouldn't last very long. Printers with a borderless print set up are set up to absorb that excess ink. Check your printer to see if it does borderless print - in the printer preferences it should state what the max printing area is. It will say something like paper size 8.5 x 11, printable area 10.5 x 8 which means it has a border of 2.5 all around.

Advertisement