Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

classic army fuse

Options
  • 01-06-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

the fuse in my classic army mp5 burned out today, how do i go about replacing it? is there a special type?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Pick up a 20A time delay glass tube fuse. Do not go quick blow, as there are large current spikes when starting the motor. AFAIK the glass tube are commonly available in electronics shops in 2 lengths, the shorter one does it. Alternatively, drop into an airsoft retailer and I am sure they will have fuses in stock:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

What do the stampings on the fuse say? It should have the type and capacity stamped onto one of the caps. Match this as close as possible, but don't go higher where possible. They're usually either 15A or 20A fuses. The two sizes are 20mm and 31mm (1 1/4 inch), they can be either but it's usually the longer type. Fast/quick blow is the standard. I'd agree with the above poster in advising you go to a time-delayed fuse. Fast blow fuses are cheaper and suit most things but don't always suit aeg's.
    My advice would actually be to replace the fuse assembly completely with a thermal auto-reset fuse. It's the safest and easiest fuse system. It has a low resistance and means you'll get the maximum protection with none of the fuss of having to change fuses in future should one blow under heavy use.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

fuse sorted cheers lads

Advertisement