Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exclusive: Garda car collision in Dublin 8

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

The nationality of the driver is not the topic of consversation so as PSNI has already pointed out, no more discussion of his nationality please. TBH its a mute point anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hope everyone is well. Taxi drivers are the same the world over.

The Nog, sorry for being pedantic but it's a "moot point". I was pulled on that here on boards, had to pass it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

psni wrote: »
    I have removed the picture until we know the condition of the Garda who is being treated.

Please refer to the forum charter on this which states:

"Pictures of incidents such as car crashes in particular those involving fatalities should have all number plates blanked and not be easily identifiable as to the exact incident. Please use your head on this and be sensitive to those who were involved in the incident and be aware that such photos may be considered evidence.
    Be sure to give a description of the image except in cases of fatalities or serious injuries"

Until we know more, I will ask you to keep this picture to yourself?

Thanks.

Without wanting to get on the wrong side of a mod - a fair question here I believe - what would be wrong with faces/reg blanked and showing the picture? Perhaps he could edit it etc...?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What would be wrong is we could have a picture of a corpse on the forum.

See the bit where I said: "Until we know more"? That's because we don't know the condition of the injured person, and I think it would in poor taste if this forum were to allow pictures of injured people which may be a snapshot of their last living moments.

Hope that answers.
    sdonn wrote: »
    Without wanting to get on the wrong side of a mod - a fair question here I believe - what would be wrong with faces/reg blanked and showing the picture? Perhaps he could edit it etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

It was the photo that was exclusive I believe.

Correct, I wasn't trying to be distasteful.
    What would be wrong is we could have a picture of a corpse on the forum.

See the bit where I said: "Until we know more"? That's because we don't know the condition of the injured person, and I think it would in poor taste if this forum were to allow pictures of injured people which may be a snapshot of their last living moments.

Hope that answers.

I have heard from one of the witnesses of the accident that the female Guard who had a suspected spinal injury had simply pulled a muscle in her lower back as a result of the impact. She is expected to make a full recovery from her other injuries. The passenger in the taxi suffered cuts and bruises to his face as he was thrown forward with the impact. He has been released from hospital. I am requesting that the moderator now close the thread as I feel that it is going nowhere. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

....and why does the Gardas sex have anything to do with the subject at hand? (I'm taking it as a given that your witness is a medical expert who treated the person involved)

Thank God there wasn't a female Nigerian taxi driver involved here, or this thread might have been confusing to some Herdlt readers!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

deadwood wrote: »
    ....and why does the Gardas sex have anything to do with the subject at hand? (I'm taking it as a given that your witness is a medical expert who treated the person involved)

Thank God there wasn't a female Nigerian taxi driver involved here, or this thread might have been confusing to some Herdlt readers!

Jesus Christ are you for real? Do you have a problem with fact? This is taking political correctness to a ridiculous level.
    And for your information, the witness knows this because when he made a statement in the copshop, he asked how she was and that's the answer he received. I have pm'd the moderator asking to close this thread because of this nonsense thats being posted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ok lads an update, nobody was injured in this accident. Spinal boards were as a precaution only.

Material damage accident.

There is roughly about one accident a day involving a garda car. And 80% of these accidents the driver is a qualified (passed the driving course) driver.

Nothing new here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Now that we know there were no injuries, here is the original picture:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement