Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go away Harney and leave us alone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hmmm....

If Fianna Fail are so worried about this seat and see it as being so crucial - then hopefully the voters will react in a blood in the water type way.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Harney should just resign from public life, failed as a tainiste, faled as a party leader, failed as minister for health
    Green jersey communists? Touch of the green eyed monster there with the more successful, smarter woman coming up to bat one thinks.
    Mr Ryan looks like he is setting up another Fianna Flynn dynasty with the daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I can't see a recommendation, from probably the most despised politician in the land, doing much for Ryan's cause. Maybe Uncle Joe will win in the straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Eoin ryan just spoke about it on Newstalk. Jasus he is a pure gobsh1te.... The presenter said it best. "You spend all your time why to tell us not to vote for someone but fail to tell us why to vote for you" Priceless. Eoin in a prat....

Maybe we should send him to europe to get rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

Launching a blistering attack on Sinn Fein MEP Mary Lou McDonald, Ms Harney urged voters: "Don't shoot Dublin in the foot in your anger over national issues."
    It's a bit rich of Mary suggesting that FF are good for Dublin. It's still their policy to take thousands of jobs away from Dublin and give them to their culchie pals.

Fianna Fail? - the anti-Dublin party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Just watched the news

LMAO ROTF

Seriously, its all hands to the pumps in Dublin - dont vote for the communists or the shinners - panic panic panic - Cowen has more important things to worry about, as does Harney - dole lines aint getting any shorter there folks.

I really dont see how anyone can do more damage to our image right now than FF have achieved and a minister with no party?

It's a bit rich of Mary suggesting that FF are good for Dublin. It's still their policy to take thousands of jobs away from Dublin and give them to their culchie pals.

As a Dub I have to say I'm appalled at that attitude. Everybody in the country is entitled to earn a living and I'm pretty sure there are many "culchies" suffering at the present time. I don't recall hearing that "culchies" are exempt from the levies or the tax hikes or the service cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Joe Higgins response to this, that Eoin Ryan has essentially been given the 'kiss of death' by one of the most unpopular political figures in the state, sums this up perfectly.

This has only increased the possibility of Higgins taking that seat, mainly on the back of transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"You spend all your time why to tell us not to vote for someone but fail to tell us why to vote for you".

Thats the mantra I've heard so far for all sides. George Lee's speech on Newstalk the day he announced he was running was pretty much that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Well Mary Lou's record ain't exactly stellar in comparision to Ryans in the parliament.

I won't be voting for her anyway...I actually think the Green candidate is decent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

bmaxi wrote: »
    As a Dub I have to say I'm appalled at that attitude. Everybody in the country is entitled to earn a living and I'm pretty sure there are many "culchies" suffering at the present time. I don't recall hearing that "culchies" are exempt from the levies or the tax hikes or the service cuts.
    Do you agree with taking jobs away from Dublin and moving them to the country?

Would you agree with all jobs being in Dublin and everybody outside on Social Welfare? Then the cry would be, "Why am I paying so much tax to support all those culchies who won't get up off their arses and get a job?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Like back to the days of 'lazy feckin farmers'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

you know FF might have screwed up big time

but i cant imagine what SF would have done, the people cant form a logical sentence or answer a question straight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Oh here we go again, move everyone and everything to Dublin chant :rolleyes:

You know a lot of the ones working in these jobs are actually from the country and thus clogging up your precious capital and using it's resources :rolleyes:
    The policy was supposed to move people who were often from the country back to the country and thus build centres of employemnt outside of the capital.
    Except of course in usual ff/pd fashion it was totally ill thought out since senior people, with many years service and experience, were settled in Dublin, and did not want to move.
    Even worse some of the decentralisation sites were not often well thought out.

It might help the traffic problems and get rid of some of the awful culchies ;)

BTW I suppose a lot of the pro Dublin anti country posters on here are happy to spend the fine weather in Brittas or Courtdown and demand that they get water from the Shannon or flood another valley or two in Wicklow :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Mary Harney makes a good point. De Rossa'Mitchell/Ryan is the best possible combination to send to the Parliament. I'm not a huge fan of FF, but they'll be getting my number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Mary Harney makes a good point. De Rossa'Mitchell/Ryan is the best possible combination to send to the Parliament. I'm not a huge fan of FF, but they'll be getting my number 1.

Well said Dessie( as in dessie o malley) mary is goin back to Fianna Failure for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

bcirl03 wrote: »
    This mornings Sindo.

"Mary Harney last night made a dramatic intervention in the European election campaign by pleading for support for Fianna Fail's struggling MEP Eoin Ryan and denouncing Sinn Fein."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/harney-battles-to-rescue-ff-struggler-1757153.html

Great news, this will be the kiss of death for Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

jmayo wrote: »

BTW I suppose a lot of the pro Dublin anti country posters on here are happy to spend the fine weather in Brittas or Courtdown and demand that they get water from the Shannon or flood another valley or two in Wicklow :rolleyes:

There a few towns I'd rather flood before a valley in wicklow!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Ha, nice try FFer.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Eh good point coming from Mary Harney - me dont think so.

In fact has Mary Harney ever made a good point?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I find it a bit rich that politicians are trying to make capital out of attendences in Europe.

Why is it not an issue during the General Elections? The Dails usually contains a handful of TDs at any given time.

Sure staying away from Europe is cutting down expenses and green gas emmissions...;)

Oh here we go again, move everyone and everything to Dublin chant :rolleyes:
    No it's just 'hands off our jobs'.
    You know a lot of the ones working in these jobs are actually from the country and thus clogging up your precious capital and using it's resources ..... people, with many years service and experience, were settled in Dublin, and did not want to move.
    The capital is precious and it's one of the most productive parts of the country, not least because of the ease of mobility of people from one job to another.

FF are keeping a low profile here in Dublin, if they do call, I'd be asking them about their plans to move Dublin jobs down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Want some salt and vinegar to go with that chip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ha, nice try FFer.
    Actually, I'm canvassing for a friend of mine who is running for Fine Gael. So, no, I am not a FFer.

As for Mary Harney's good ideas, I would think that calling the A&E situation a national crisis, banning smokey fuels to eliminate smog, focusing on the creation of a knowledge-based economy back when the Celtic Tiger was running on mostly new manufacturing jobs, introducing the minimum wage, expanding facilities for people with autism, and introducing a national hygene audit would all count as good ideas. But then, I could be entirely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm in a similar position in the South Constituency, I'll be giving Alan Kelly of Labour my number 1 despite me being very far from being a fan of Labour. It's just that Brian Crowley/Sean Kelly/Alan Kelly is a lot more palatable to me than Brian Crowley/Sean Kelly/Kathy Sinnott.

nesf wrote: »
    Want some salt and vinegar to go with that chip?
    'Decentralisation' - it hasn't gone away you know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭francish

People out there really dont get it. "Go away Harney and leave us alone". The reason why Mary Harney is still a minister is because she is the only one who wants the job. If Mary Harney was Minister for Foreign Affairs, do you really think all those junior FF ministers would tolerate it, not a chance. None of them want the job of minister for health.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Launching a blistering attack on Sinn Fein MEP Mary Lou McDonald, Ms Harney urged voters: "Don't shoot Dublin in the foot in your anger over national issues."
    Perhaps an unfortunate choice of words to use regarding a Shinner candidate? ;)

Advertisement