Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socks

Options
  • 01-06-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I got some trekking socks last week

http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7170

I got XL, but they still feel quite restrictive and snug on my feet, particuarly around the toes, and especially after I've been wearing them on a hike. Does anyone know of any particular make or style of sock I can get (either online or offline) that would be accomodating to my overly-wide feet?

Or is snug good and these socks will give a little the more I wear them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Bridgedale is the best I know of.

I have wide feet as well and the Bridgedale works great. A bit expensive but they last for years if you buy a few pairs and don't overuse any one pair. Saying that I do and they have still lasted about 3 years... although it's now time to change them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Bridgedale is the best I know of.
    Any particular style of Bridgedale?

http://www.jackson-sports.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=153

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

I think they've changed the models since I bought them but the Endurance Trekker looks the most similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Not keen on XL - too techie (that is lots of space age diagrams, buzz words) and they are more expensive. And would agree that they feel more restrictive then bridgedale socks. Bridgedale are cheaper too and comfyier. I've owned both so can compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Recently bought a pair of 1000 Mile socks IMO opinion they are excellent

I used to go with the sport sock/wooly sock combination to stop getting blisters but 1000 mile socks have converted me from it.

They dry out in no time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Smartwool are the best IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Hard Larry wrote: »
    Recently bought a pair of 1000 Mile socks IMO opinion they are excellent.
    Where did you get them, Larry, online or a particular shop? Is that the brand name, 1000 Mile?
    dogmatix wrote: »
    Not keen on XL - too techie (that is lots of space age diagrams, buzz words) and they are more expensive.
    Er, I think you misunderstood, dogmatix. XL is the size I got (as in extra large), not a brand :)

I'm going to get a pair of Bridgedale Endurance Trekker next time I'm buying some stuff, see how I get on. I worse some normal cotton socks yesterday, and although they soaked by the time I got home, at least I wasn't in discomfort.

Advertisement