Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Warfare 2: Prebooks already being taken

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Is there realy a need to pre-book? As with the last GTA out there were loads of copies on the day or do shops order how many they want by the pre-bookings they recieve?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

jenno86 wrote: »
    Don't you have to pay for a Game Loyalty Card? Its €2 for a prebook in Xtravision and they will refund your money, in the form of a €2 coin, or 2 €1's if you want! ;) If I was in anyways interested about the game I would definitely put a prebook down.

@ Pat: Do you know will there be a Special Edition of Modern Warfare 2 coming out? I'll buy it off ye if ye'll have it!

To the best of my knowledge there will be a special edition but it's more thank likely going to be an exclusive deal with one of the big retailers. Nothing confirmed yet though.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

tomred1 wrote: »
    Is there realy a need to pre-book? As with the last GTA out there were loads of copies on the day or do shops order how many they want by the pre-bookings they recieve?

I think there were copies to be had first thing in the morning of release day but most stores were out of stock for a week or so afterwards until the second batch arrived into the country. Modern Warfare 2 is going to be a hell of a lot bigger than GTA but it all depends on when they finish it as to what the stock levels are going to be like. It takes time and more importantly limited resources to manufacture the discs etc so if it's late being finished there could be shortages but you'd be safe to assume you'll get a copy within a couple of weeks.

Shops order of course based on what they think they will sell but you don't always get what you ordered. If they are anyways short in manufacturing orders are thrown out and allocations start. Once they are allocated you will get a set percentage of what is available. It's like with the Wii Fit - supply could not meet demand. There were some game stores that took too many pre orders for GTA4 and did not have the stock to fulfill all their pre orders. Granted most people got their money back and found it elsewhere on the day but this may happen again with this title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seen HMV have a free poster or something when ya pre book

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I've never had a problem getting a game on launchday, will still prebook it though if there's some free stuff with it

Some gameplay footage up here, it looks great
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdqtMV8MTjc

Couldn't get the frakking embedded video working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

AdMMM wrote: »

Brilliant love the snowmobiles. Very realistic looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hhaha a gun with gps basically in it..i LOVE it

Advertisement