Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 '09 Discussion Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I know it's a long long way from completetion, but it still makes the wii+ seem a bit dated.

Btw is the sony conference at 7 or 8?

On at 7.

With the exception of announcing Super Mario Galaxy 2 that was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So whats going on now all i see is the main stage with the Kooks playing in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Stev_o wrote: »
    So whats going on now all i see is the main stage with the Kooks playing in the background?

Now we all hang around here and flame other fanboys for 45 minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nintendo's conference is finished. Sony's on in 45 minutes.

Now we all hang around here and flame other fanboys for 45 minutes :pac:

Sweet, so did Nintendo offer anything decent?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Metroid: Other M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

What's the quailty of the gamespot player like? The IGN one is HD, only problem is it's about 5 minutes behind.

mayordenis wrote: »
    New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Metroid: Other M

Ahh they went back to the cows then i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ahh they went back to the cows then i see.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

mayordenis wrote: »
    if you buy into natal working like that exactly - how far are we from natal launching aswell?

http://vimeo.com/4952629?pg.

Natal is a long way from reaching us in any working condition imo.

Do i want to know what the bottem of an Avatar's shoe looks like?? Of course i would! In fact it's one of my 3 questions i'd ask god if i ever met him!

BAM! There it is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

That's the problem that success brings.

a few years ago nintendo where the alternative choice, loved by there own fans for the 1st party titles like mario, zelda and metroid which each got a update every generation or slightly more.

Now they're being ostracized for the very same thing, I for one have a wii mostly for Mario, Wario, Link, and Samus (and the pokemens) anything else is a bonus.

Finally Sony are up, I don't have an Xbox so couldn't give a monkeys about that and all EA and Ubisoft had were little girls games coupled with some other simplistic motion controlled titles, again aimed at little girls and women.

I was under the impression that the gaming markets prime audience were 12-30 males, and i would have assumed that accounted for more then 90% of the market, but obviously not judging by the amount of kids games they were showing yesterday :confused:

Finally Sony are up, I don't have an Xbox so couldn't give a monkeys about that and all EA and Ubisoft had were little girls games coupled with some other simplistic motion controlled titles, again aimed at little girls and women.

I was under the impression that the gaming markets prime audience were 12-30 males, and i would have assumed that accounted for more then 90% of the market, but obviously not judging by the amount of kids games they were showing yesterday :confused:

Well MS wouldn;t shut up about how they are concentrating on family gaming now alot more then the past and it definitely showed.

I just HOPE and HOPE that Sony will pull something out of the bag to trump MS.

Come on PS3 exclusive MGS!!

Im guessing one of their trump cards is that massive online FPs Assault something which holds 250 players?

Well MS wouldn;t shut up about how they are concentrating on family gaming now alot more then the past and it definitely showed.

Well i had heard about their new motion sensor hardware, didn't look into it but got the impression it was similar concept to the Wii.

I think it's a pointless market, these types of gamers don't buy games consistently. I know of two little girls with a Wii, my little sister and my cousin, and they only have a small handful of games they got with the thing, and they never play it any more.

It is a market that obv' needs to be tapped into as there is some money in it, but games wise?, should be around 5% of the market as the only real money you make from these gamers is from their initial entry to the market(buying the Wii itself and not the games)

Im guessing one of their trump cards is that massive online FPs Assault something which holds 250 players?

256 :P

Right guys, ign player or gamespot player?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That Nintendo conference was pretty week sauce tbh. The Wii pulse o meter looks pointless and they hadnt even a demo of it ffs. Hell even the Ubisoft show which was sureal at least had a host would told some jokes.

Microsoft really are stealing the show at this point and if I was buying a console (damm you Brutal Legend) its sooooo gonna be a X-box 360 after watching E3 so far:)

256 :P

Right guys, ign player or gamespot player?

Gamespot it's actually on time.

Pff Operation Flashpoint had 250 man servers on the PC 6 years ago so screw Sony :p

Gamespot it's actually on time.

Pff Operation Flashpoint had 250 man servers on the PC 6 years ago so screw Sony :p

Pfft this is a console :P

What's the quailty like? As i said before IGN is HD :'(

• Advertisement

Meh decent enough probably not as good as IGN but it's not horrible either and more importantly it's in sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Its watchable, small screen. Mario games looked nice on it. No sound issues.

Depends which gets hammered less

Start already >_> The suspense is killing me! Using gamespot, cheers guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's starting in 2 mins according to the announcer woman. HOpe to **** they show TRICO or something new, I think it'll be an interesting conference. The Ninty one was.... disappointing.

Hey, at least you're embracing your fanboyism, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its starting

Presses ambiance soundtrack.

New wipeout hurray!

koneko wrote: »
    Hey, at least you're embracing your fanboyism, right?

I just hate M$. :P

• Advertisement

O sony let PS2 die already no one cares.

Advertisement