Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 '09 Discussion Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Leprachaun wrote: »
    God of War :O Om nom nom.

So far I'd put Microsoft in first,Sony in second and Nintendo in last place by far. It could change though if Sony bring out one or two more shockers though.

I'd agree with that order, and that's a wrap from Jack just now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i found the show fairly meh overall tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

1) M$
    2) Sony
    3) Atari (Jaguar)
    4) Nintendo

So is MGS lightning bolt action an xbox eclusive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not impressed with the lack of exclusives :/ All three companies get a big meh from me. It seems the big budget exclusive is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not impressed with the lack of exclusives :/
    Wasnt every game they just showed an exclusive :confused: Well besides AC2

EDIT: Sorry. FFXIII too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd give Sony the edge by a very small margin over Microsoft and Nintendo way back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

So is MGS lightning bolt action an xbox eclusive?

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

awhir wrote: »
    i found the show fairly meh overall tbh

If the trico trailer and PSP werent leaked, and they had first stab at the non-exclusives, it would have been a very entertaining 2 hours.

Not impressed with the lack of exclusives :/ All three companies get a big meh from me. It seems the big budget exclusive is dead.

Halo Reach? God of War 3? Uncharted 2? Metroid Prime Other M? Alan Wake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I put Sony in first. MS in second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Don't think so.
    It's strange Sony didn't mention it though. I hope we get a definative by the end of E3 - the fanboy bitching on both sides are quite annoying.

If the trico trailer and PSP werent leaked, and they had first stab at the non-exclusives, it would have been a very entertaining 2 hours.

Yeh I'd say that helped with microsoft's conference although they'd still have come first in my books if they'd been on second or even third. Natal was better than the playstation motion thing and I prefered the games from microsoft except for God of War 3 and Uncharted 2. The new live features from microsoft were cool too.

Anyway,I'll be hanging around the show today and tommorrow if anyone wants me to check out anything in particular,but not too late. I wanna go see if there's any hot gamer chicks in la tonight. :p
    I put Sony in first. MS in second.

Ah knew you were gonna say that hehe. I don't think Sony really brought anything to the table. It was cool seeing some of their big games but they'd been announced a while ago. I dislike Final Fantasy so that might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

It's strange Sony didn't mention it though. I hope we get a definative by the end of E3 - the fanboy bitching on both sides are quite annoying.

If it were exclusive you can bet all the money on earth Microsoft would have been shouting to high heaven about that fact.

I found it funny that Kojima & Tretton re-iterated Kojima's involvement in the PSP installment & that it's a "true successor to the MGS series" as well as having the main development team on there, just to make sure Microsoft's effort didn't make PS fans sad and weepy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasnt every game they just showed an exclusive :confused: Well besides AC2

EDIT: Sorry. FFXIII too

Yeah but other than Uncharted 2 and the Last Guardian the others have no interest for me. Oh and I meant it for the PS3 conference. MS get the same meh from me and Halo holds no interest. Looks like they are going for the 'it's art!' approach while being utterly laughable again.

MGSR is not a 360 exclusive.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988687p1.html

Look at the UPDATE part.

So best of E3?

I didn't think much of max payne but I want Alan Wake now. The Last Guardian also up there.

I wants everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

heh Mario Galaxy2!!with yoshi in it this time!

MGS:rising - a face paced ACT eh??

ohohoho,Nintendo+Ninja Team on a new metroid game :D:D:D

this is gonna be a big year for ACT lovers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

So best of E3?

I didn't think much of max payne but I want Alan Wake now. The Last Guardian also up there.

I really want mario Galaxy 2, Zelda: Spirit tracks, GOW 3 and suprisingly The Saboteur which really impressed me.

Although I can't imagine why Nintendo didn't show any footage from Zelda at their conference??

Edit Oh and MGS: Rising too. I don't mind Raiden!

seraphimvc wrote: »
    heh Mario Galaxy2!!with yoshi in it this time!

MGS:rising - a face paced ACT eh??

ohohoho,Nintendo+Ninja Team on a new metroid game :D:D:D

this is gonna be a big year for ACT lovers!!!

Feck, forgot I missed the nintendo conference. I'm going to look it up and change my mind :)

Forgot Golden Sun as well!

• Advertisement

So far, the best has been imo, The Saboteur, which looks good, Star Wars:The Old Republic and AC2.I like Dragon Age:Origins and Crackdown 2 also.Mass Effect 2, even though we saw nothing yet, and Golden Sun

For me:

Halo Reach; Alan Wake; Mass Effect 2; Uncharted 2; God War 3; Metroid Prime and The Lost Guardian.

Oh yeah and The Saboteur and The Old Republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Lost Planet 2 and Mass Effect 2... exclusive or not...?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

noodler wrote: »
    Sigh some people are just utterly stupid.

Banned for seven days.

Apparently FF XIV is coming to PC too..

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/989/989495p1.html

I thought exclusive meant exclusive... But ign probably have their facts wrong.. again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

When exclusive comes up in describing a console game it usually means only in terms of consoles, PC games get a look in as they arent the main competition of the PS3 and Xbox360.

As for best game of the show, well the crowd at the Sony conference were loving every mention of Hannah Montana :p But I cant pick, far far far too many amazing games displayed over the past 2 days, I know for sure now that I am gonna get a PS3 before years end to try keep up.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I know for sure now that I am gonna get a PS3 before years end to try keep up.

And Sony have winned :P

Of course there's another 2 days left, so games like Heavy Rain and Brink any any more details on other games are still there.

Okay super mario galaxy looks nothing new but I still want it because the first game was so amazing :) Love the mario and luigi and Golden sun games as well.

Metroid looks very weird. Looks more like ninja gaiden than metroid. I think I'll like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I'd put Nintendo in first place among the big three press conferences. A new Metroid, a new Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Bros. Wii. All sound great.

Advertisement