Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 '09 Discussion Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Whilst the avatar looked a bit like a spasmy puppet, that arcade game just made a complete mockery of the motion control on the wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

pint is now fun

wii fit dead
    wii dead yes about time that **** is dead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont want to know whats going on there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Who the hell would use that?

• Advertisement

fable 2 with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Could you imagine a fighting game with that it would be amazing

Right everything is complete BS now that Peter Molyneux is endorses it.

milo looks evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Mylo is freaking me out :eek:

• Advertisement

with about a wwe game or a rpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Stev_o wrote: »
    That game looks sh*te, i mean come on everyone said the same when they saw Wii Boxing.
    Who the hell would use that?
    Right everything is complete BS now that Peter Molyneux is endorses it.

I'm sensing some hostility here?

A method for enslaving humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Whats impressive is Microsoft areny hinging their whole future on the "Natal", its just an extra part of the future along with their regular games.

that was cool

I'm sensing some hostility here?

Seriously would you use any of the full motion stuff on show yet? Peter Molyneux is famous for BS remember all the stuff he promised for the original Fable. I honestly think they are letting on alot of stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Weird. Very weird.

that was great evary thing i wanted is on the xbox now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Seriously would you use any of the full motion stuff on show yet?

I cant f***ing wait :D

now lets see what sony is going to give us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seriously would you use any of the full motion stuff on show yet? Peter Molyneux is famous for BS remember all the stuff he promised for the original Fable. I honestly think they are letting on alot of stuff here.
    To be fair, we are seeing a tech demo that seems to work quite well. The posibilities for full motion controls are endless. As its sent out to more developers, i think we'll see some pretty amazing stuff.

ff13 with this ****ing hell that would be great

Kiith wrote: »
    To be fair, we are seeing a tech demo that seems to work quite well. The posibilities for full motion controls are endless. As its sent out to more developers, i think we'll see some pretty amazing stuff.

Im not doubting what the possibilities are but im doubting what MS showed in their preview video which mostly looked BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Sweet. An excellant conference overall. The only thing it was missing was a RARE game or too,but I guess they aren't ready to be shown yet. I'm really looking forward to the EA conference later ( Mass Effect 2 :D ) and Nintento/Sony tommorrow. Looks like this is going to be a great E3. :D

so ea is on today what time?

Some of that stuff was amazing. Metal Gear and proper full body motion. Rocky waters for SONY and Nintendo me thinks.

Microsoft are kicking ass.

Only problem is if they knock SONY and Nintendo out of the gaming world, they'll have no competition and will most likely become very lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Although the tech demos that were shown looked great (Especially Milo.). I'm not sure how it would be integrated into actual games. This is the same problem Nintendo has faced with its controller. The controls for some games are great however most are simply standard with a few minor motion controls.

This also has the disadvantage of being an optional peripheral and because of this I cant see the consumer market buying it unless there is something spectacular using it.

If the developers do this well it will advance the market however it could go terribly wrong and simply turn into another gimmick.

Although I am not an Xbox user I look forward to see how this does in the market place as depending on how well it does it will change the market on all consoles.

It should be interesting to see what Nintendo and Sony come out with tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Some of that stuff was amazing. Metal Gear and proper full body motion. Rocky waters for SONY and Nintendo me thinks.

Microsoft are kicking ass.

Only problem is if they knock SONY and Nintendo out of the gaming world, they'll have no competition and will most likely become very lazy.

I just can't resist a facepalm to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

That was a brilliant press conference, gonna be a tough act to follow. I think MS have just won E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm. Natal choreographed? :P (yes spelling is my enemy). Really i'd prefer to use a controller than jump around my sitting room. Natal will be good for a few gimmicky games and for people who actually like the wii :P

Btw he never said that MGSR was a xbox exclusive. Odds are it will be at sony's conference tomorrow.

Oh and did anyone else feeling like punching the senoir vice president? There was just something about his golden locks...

Advertisement