Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 '09 Discussion Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Win :D

EDIT:Yeah he sounds fairly nervous alright

Now Crytek whinging about piracy i presume.

I hope they show gameplay and not just the engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

justin stream got banned, and none of the other ones are working for me -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Sweet Crysis 2. I'm kind of upset it's on consoles though. I'll probably end up buying it on the xbox and my pc will gather dust. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I brutal legend a ps3 exclusive? I doubt it but i didn't see the xbox logo at the end.

Nevermind i saw "consoles"

• Advertisement

APB is going to be awesome wonder how much they'll charge monthly for it.

Noo no noooooooooooo stop with the cheesy star wars stuff guys please i know you have to introduce Knights of the Old Republic but seriously .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What a trailer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

star wars old repuplic will be good hopefully :)

awhir wrote: »
    star wars old repuplic will be good hopefully :)

We say that about every Star Wars IP though ^^

Is it a bit flawed though that if you play as the good guys you know that no matter what you do in the end your f*cked as everyone knows where the story goes from here on in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

APB looked really good and so did Star Wars..Next up Ubisoft that should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Stev_o wrote: »
    We say that about every Star Wars IP though ^^

Is it a bit flawed though that if you play as the good guys you know that no matter what you do in the end your f*cked as everyone knows where the story goes from here on in?

KOTOR was great. This is an MMO made by BIOWARE,it can't possibly be bad. :p

When's ubisoft?

Gah i wish my PC was up to spec to play that. Want to be a rock laptop this year but finding €1.5k is no mean feat :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Warning to everybody: Keep it civil with no name-calling or there will be bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

When's ubisoft?

Gah i wish my PC was up to spec to play that. Want to be a rock laptop this year but finding €1.5k is no mean feat :P

1 am our time afaik

Afaik EA have just announced "The Saboteur". A game in WW2, in which you play an Irishman in Paris. Yes.

And his name is Sean.

More: it's in black and White, but as your character "liberates" parts of Nazi occupied Paris, they become more colourfull
    Contains stealth elements and it's open world, almost anything can be climbed, a lá inFamous. Even the Eiffel tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Afaik EA have just announced "The Saboteur". A game in WW2, in which you play an Irishman in Paris. Yes.

And his name is Sean.

More: it's in black and White, but as your character "liberates" parts of Nazi occupied Paris, they become more colourfull
    Contains stealth elements and it's open world, almost anything can be climbed, a lá inFamous. Even the Eiffel tower.

sounds promising but if anyone can **** it up its ea

EDIT:just watched the trailer all i can say is wow

and for anyone who hasnt seen it http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-the-saboteur/49866

He's irish? Colour me slightly interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sound good, all consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

amacachi wrote: »
    Sound good, all consoles?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

20 minutes gone, and no talk about games from UbiSoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone know what time UTC Sony will be stepping up to the plate? I'm hoping for a PS3 MGS to compliment the Raiden one. Maybe the PS3 will get Big Boss instead... One can only dream.

Notorious wrote: »
    Anyone know what time UTC Sony will be stepping up to the plate? I'm hoping for a PS3 MGS to compliment the Raiden one. Maybe the PS3 will get Big Boss instead... One can only dream.

7PM our time. That's 11am or 12pm us pacific time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It'll be released on PC as well I thought, of course it'll have to be scaled down for consoles but in fairness the original Crysis still looked far better than nearly everything else on the market even on low settings at the time.

Also, I've avoided World of Warcraft, Warhammer and other games simply because I know I'd become addicted but Bioware and Star Wars is a powerful combination to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Stev_o wrote: »
    Now Crytek whinging about piracy i presume.

I don't think they can. Granted, crysis was pirated like every other game, but they performed much better in sales than expected. And it would be EA pulling the strings here.

Im quite disappointed to hear its being released on consoles, for the obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Grim. wrote: »
    sounds promising but if anyone can **** it up its ea

EDIT:just watched the trailer all i can say is wow

and for anyone who hasnt seen it http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-the-saboteur/49866

Just watched that trailer... wow is right. That looks amazing. If it lives up anywhere near to that potential I will definitely be picking up a copy.

Actually speaking of Saboteur, I came across this video on youtube. The accent sounds pretty decent.

Dante's Inferno looks interesting.

Ye tis a good accent. Alot better than your average fake accent "ah top of the morning to ya mary!" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Dante's Inferno looks interesting.

Funny, I think it just looks like another God of War...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The trailer for The Saboteur does look good but when I saw the it was being developed by Pandemic I thought it will never live up to the trailer. I thought they did a terrible job with LOTR Conquest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No More Heroes 2 looks gorgeous for a Wii game. Shinji Mikami is also on board to develop it so the fighting system should be much better. The end of the trailer is hilarious :)

I've a feeling Bayonetta will be a God of War beater. You can't go wrong with a Platinum games developed fighter. Loved the Viewtiful Joe reference in the gameplay trailer.

Advertisement