Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote CL and Alarm -

Options
  • 27-11-2004 10:01pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    I have a Ford Focus with remote central locking and alarm.

Car is 3 year old, came out there yesterday, the remote CL would not work, not a budge, thought battery, got a new battery, not a sausage.

so anyone have ideas could be the issue, experiences with this??

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

do you have a spare remote & if so does it work on the car?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I don't lad, have the spare key alright, I really have no way that I can think of knowing if it is the car or the remote that is causing the issue.

2 weeks ago I had to get the coil replaced in the car, so I am not sure if this is a knock on effect or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

do all doors open/lock when you turn the key in drivers door lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

My Dad had a mondeo (prob same lockin system as Focus) Battery died in the key fob, went to local auto store, asked them to replace the battery, they refused point blank. Supposedly if you remove the battery for more than 30secs AFAIR, then the electronics in the key are reset & the key is rendered useless & you have to go back to the main dealer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ahh crap.. Im just after starting a new thread on this a few mins ago :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me. Says in the manual that you have to go back to
    the main dealer to get it reset alright. Anyone know how much this costs? :mad:
    Tox

• Advertisement

i think i seen post before about it and price was 50yoyo's could be wrong

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fup off!! what a load of sh*te!!! motor of god!!

I will search tinternet for more info and see what happens, will let ye know the story!

slan

not a ford dealer but check the last post here last post here

Lads

Got it working anyway. The state was.
    Put in key, turn to position 1 then turn to positon 2 and back to 1, then to 2, repeat this quickly 5 times in total.
    The car will beep at you, when it does keep one of the buttons on the key ring held, the car will beep at you again.
    Then you will take the key out, put it back in turn to position 2. Then wait for 5 seconds, take it out and you should work fine.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

do you have to pat your head and rub your tummy while you do that?........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yop wrote:
    Lads

Got it working anyway. The state was.
    Put in key, turn to position 1 then turn to positon 2 and back to 1, then to 2, repeat this quickly 5 times in total.
    The car will beep at you, when it does keep one of the buttons on the key ring held, the car will beep at you again.
    Then you will take the key out, put it back in turn to position 2. Then wait for 5 seconds, take it out and you should work fine.

cheers

feck...

Would almost be worth going to the ford dealer and paying 50 yoyos that
    trying to figure all that out.. lol :D

Ill give it a try at the weekend and see what happens..

Tox

do you have to pat your head and rub your tummy while you do that?........

ya forgot the part of hopping on one leg too..

Tox

Advertisement