Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Florentino Pérez master of cermonies at Real Madrid Once Again

• 01-06-2009 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

They do love the three ring circus at the Bernabeu, Maurice Pelligrini looks like being next manager. Half the top managers across Europe will spend the summer issuing statements denying they are selling their star players to them.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh brilliant.
    "Real Madrid to buy everyone! For huge sums of money!" all summer long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Perez, in all likelihood, will make once bumper signing. He has probably leaned from his folly last time out.

The big story will be if Pelligrni takes over as manager. A great manager in the Arsene Wenger school. Done wonders with Villareal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Which player(s) did Pérez use to flagship his campaign for presidency?

I'm thinking Alonso, Febergas and C.Ronaldo

Figo if memory serves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kaka is the big one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

zAbbo wrote: »

I'm thinking Alonso, Febergas and C.Ronaldo

Kaka and Ribery were the main two mentioned iirc. Ronaldo was seen as his rival's trump card, and Perez doesn't want to be seen to be simply doing what the other did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ribery I could see happening.

A summer of unsettling and speculation begins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I thought Cristiano Ronaldo was a , and I quote "Done deal" about 3 months ago?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Hopefully he can shake things up across Europe and along with Barca put an end to this so-called Premiership dominance of the CL.

Kaka will sign, I think that's pretty much a certainty.

A Real v Barca CL final in Madrid next May sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Apparently Ramon Caledron (current president of Real) has a gentlemans agreement with Ronaldo and his agent, and apparently a fee also has been agreed (approx €80million) though it has also been said that if Perez gets elected he may try and renegotiate the price or just cancel the deal altogether as it would cost a small figure so he can bring in Ribery and Xabi Alonso instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's such an absurd way to run a football club, no long term strategy of what positions need to be built on.
    The Galáctico experiment was a failure. It worked commerically but failed on the pitch.

If Ronaldo joins them for 80 million, or Kaka for 60 million or whatever, it'll just be a continuation of failed policies and won't see Madrid back in the CL final, it'll just see them with the same problems they've had before. They need a top class manager who really understands what the club needs and can convine Perez its what's needed to be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

kinaldo wrote: »
    Hopefully he can shake things up across Europe and along with Barca put an end to this so-called Premiership dominance of the CL.

Kaka will sign, I think that's pretty much a certainty.

A Real v Barca CL final in Madrid next May sounds good.

I cannot see Kaka leaving for a few reasons.the appointment of Leonardo, the sale of Gourcuff and the retirement of Maldini. Leonardo was the reason he came to Milan in the first place so i doubt that he will leave when his friend becomes manager, milan might not be willing to let him leave since they dont have a natural replacement since they had to let go of gourcuff and with maldini retiring and endorsing Kaka to become club captain he should get the second vice captaincy spot at least and possibly the captaincy if ambrosini and gattuso arent up to playing that much this season

zAbbo wrote: »
    gimmick wrote: »
    Figo if memory serves.

:o Totally mis read what you meant there. I was not being a smart arse in my answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

PHB wrote: »
    It's such an absurd way to run a football club, no long term strategy of what positions need to be built on.
    The Galáctico experiment was a failure. It worked commerically but failed on the pitch.

Commercially viable was never thought possible when that team was first put together but it worked out having Raul, Zidane and Ronaldo in the one team. It was incredible to see such a team together but it was working up until the money arrived at Chelsea and they sold Claude Makelele to them.
    This upset the other players and it was the beginning of the end of the Galacticos. Commercially they continued to thrive or maybe got bigger as Beckham arrived the same year that Claude departed.
    While Makelele was there they won a CL and two La Liga titles.

Advertisement