Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Netopia problem

Options
  • 01-06-2009 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

I have eircom broadband powered by a Netopia 2247-62 router. Every so often, needless to say, the connection drops. That's not the problem - it comes back just fine after a while.

The problem is that after it comes back up, whatever the last site I was trying to load before it died will not load, instead I just get the router homepage. It doesn't matter what the site was, for some reason the router is confused and now thinks that site is pointing to it's internal web server. Everything else works just fine except that one site, whatever it happened to be.

Is there any way I can force the router to recognize what site I'm looking for (empty cache, reacquire DNS info or whatever) - this is driving me mad.

Thanks all.

Advertisement