Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency services incident on bray head !!!!

Options
  • 01-06-2009 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

HI
    i was out at bray yesterday evening and emergency services flew by us, fire brigade, copter, ambulance etc. Some lad fell off rocks while drinking with his mates. This was about 7pm. He was lifted by helicopter. Was wondering if anyone seen this or any news on how the lad is? hope kids took note, alcohol and bray head does not mix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I was down there when the rescue helicopter was taking someone off the rocks and it looked very serious to me but haven't seen or heard anything on the radio or news so I'm taking that as a sign he is ok. Have to say the rescue services were brilliant. So professional and had that person out of there in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 leprachan2003

Yeah they were great, the thing that gets me is i counted about 20 firemen etc there for that incident without countin the chopper to help this lad who was DRINKIN with his mates, to then seeing the mates talking to the coppers obviously tellin them what happened with bottles of budweiser in there hands !!!!!!!!!! I thought it was illegal to drink out in public ( especially in front of guards). anyway i hope the lad is ok he looked not too happy bout bein elevated up to the helicopter ( dont blame him) keep us posted if anyone hears anythin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Was chatting to someone who was up walking in the area. The gang of Budweiser mates were effing and blinding at the emergency crews and giving them terrible abuse.

Dublins finest presumably. Bray has enough of its own scumbags but we have to deal with half of Dublins every sunny weekend. At least the accident prevented the same gang from leaving their usual parting gift to Bray... A gorse fire :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I hope the guy is alright but.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 leprachan2003

calibos, i started the tread coz was wonderin if anyone else seen it or any more info on it ........... but... as a dub myself kinda think theres no need for pin pointin out areas if u dont know were there from. im not from any of the areas u mentioned but its neither here nor there were there from its the fact they took up so much of the emergency services and yes i seen myself one of the fellas given the fireman lip, but he was well able for it and told him to move away and ***k off. credit were its due, the services were gr8. they dont get enought credit for what they do........ wud have lovin to have my 14 year old son with me and show him what happens when drink and stupidity mix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Calibos wrote: »
    Was chatting to someone who was up walking in the area. The gang of Budweiser mates were effing and blinding at the emergency crews and giving them terrible abuse.

Darndale/Finglas/blanch/Jobstowns finest presumably. Bray has enough of its own scumbags but we have to deal with half of Dublins every sunny weekend. At least the accident prevented the same gang from leaving their usual parting gift to Bray... A gorse fire :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I hope the guy is alright but.....

That was a little harsh. Take a good look around Bray before you start naming and shaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

the dude is fine just to let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Damo9090 wrote: »
    That was a little harsh. Take a good look around Bray before you start naming and shaming.

Hence this sentance in my post:
    .....Bray has enough of its own scumbags

That said, I'll remove the referances to specific areas and just refer to them in general terms. ie 'Dublin Scumbags' :D

Advertisement