Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

57782... grrr

Options
  • 01-06-2009 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

I've recently been getting text messages from 57782. I never subscribed to anything of the kind. I have always been against premium rate texts and an assure you I would never vouluntarily enter into a premium subscription

Anyhow, I replied stop to a message that came through to me on the 24th from 57782 and thought nothing of it .... Then I replied stop again on the 28th and today still they are sending me their unwanted crap!

I have 2 major issues, 1st being where did I subscribe because I thought new rules on these numbers meant that they HAD to inform you it was a subscription. I never entered my number anywhere and have not entered any competitions or anything funny like that. So where did this magic subscription come from

2nd issue, don't they HAVE to tell you how you can stop? None of the messages tell me how

I also rang three customer service, they didn't give a b****x TBH and told me that I was charged, they can't refund me blah blah but they also told me I must text STOP (uppercase) as stop (lowercase) won't work. WTF is that all about? Lowercase, uppercase should not make a difference

I humoured them anyway and sent STOP but got no confirmation. What can I do to make sure this stop is permanent? And how can I go about reporting these lads for taking credit from me without my permission

Again I can assure you I am very careful with those numbers, I don't enter comps or text those strange numbers you find in the back of dodgy magazines. All I ever text is mobile numbers outright so I don't see any way they could have got my number

Please help,

Confused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The company info for that number is this:

'mBlox '

Telephone:
    (01) 6968396

Email:
    customercare@mblox.com

Website
    http://www.mblox.com/

Texting STOP is meant to cancel these within 48 hours. If you do want a refund only Three can give it to you. If these were unsolicited then you can make a case to regtel. Email them the info to info@regtel.ie or you can write a letter to: Cresent Hall, Mount Street Cresent, Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Here's the phone number too for RegTel 1850 741 741
    And the Data Protection Commissioner 1890 252231 if RegTel don't do anything, follow it up, demand your money back. No different than sticking their hand in your pocket and taking your money. You also have the right to find out where they got your number.

Advertisement