Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vec courses ?

• 01-06-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

just a quick one for anyone who knows about vec courses.

can a person create a course and offer it to the vec or another course provider to be able to teach it ?

this would be in something that does not appear to have a course offering available at the minute, however I think it may be somthing that would be popular and helpful to people ?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

what kind of course? perhaps for night classes but they tend to run on a short term basis, usually without any accreditation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Do you mean a plc or a night class?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you're talking about suggesting a day full-time course, I'm sure any VEC college would be delighted to hear of an idea that might bring people in.

If you mean a night course, AFAIK if you can show at least twelve people interested, they will try to facilitate you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

checkout the www.fetac.ie website, they have the facilitiy to provide creditation for what are referred to as locall devised courses, offered as plcs

they have a seperate rate of compensation for correcting these exams, rate of pay etc will be in accordance with vec regulations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

many thanks for the helpful replies, I am looking up the fetac page now.

It would be a course in web design. I know I know everyone is at it.

A few years back I put together a course for a friend who was doing FAS courses in ECDL it was for people who were interested in learning how to put together their own website - basics on hosting, domain names, html, dreamweaver at the time and a bit on graphics.

We did it over 8-10 weeks, and it was quiet good and got a good responce from people. - A few are still in contact and websites are running soundly for them.

What I would like to do it do something here locally for people who would be interested in the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

many thanks for the helpful replies, I am looking up the fetac page now.

It would be a course in web design. I know I know everyone is at it.

A few years back I put together a course for a friend who was doing FAS courses in ECDL it was for people who were interested in learning how to put together their own website - basics on hosting, domain names, html, dreamweaver at the time and a bit on graphics.

We did it over 8-10 weeks, and it was quiet good and got a good responce from people. - A few are still in contact and websites are running soundly for them.

What I would like to do it do something here locally for people who would be interested in the same.

Not trying to put a dampener on your idea but there are already two Fetac modules for Web Design, I teach both of them as part of Business/IT certificates
    • The Internet
    • Web Authoring

They would be normally taken with 6 other modules for certification, but if you were planning on more of a nightcourse type thing it might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

It would be a night course that could be done over 1 or 2 evenings per week.

Does anyone have experience of running a course like this themselves ?

if so :
    Did you use a certificate body ?
    how did you find the uptake ?

the last courses I did for another company, which has since ceased trading. We advertised locally in the newspaper and found a good uptake. The company had offices and training rooms approved.

It was on this that lead me to look at the VEC or such as they would perhaps have the facilities to run a course like this.

Advertisement