Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times of stress - how do your piercings/tattoos react

Options
  • 01-06-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

So when you are stressed what is your first piercing to go all crazy?

My lobes are after going ape sh¡t during the night because I've a project demo tomorrow. They're the only piercings that empathise with my body and show my stress in a physical way. Currently leaving em naked and lashing on the bio oil.

Anyone's tattoos go crazy? When do your piercings go crazy (if at all) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

could that not just be you havninga bad night sleep and hitting them off evertghing when you turn in sleep? they are kinda big :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Every once in a while the ink at the bottom of my tattoo tends to raise and feel a bit blotchy; looking back I think it might actually be stress-related, because thats when it seems to flare up. Or maybe I'm just grossly allergic to something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

could that not just be you havninga bad night sleep and hitting them off evertghing when you turn in sleep? they are kinda big :D

When that happens they usually just get sore, never had it this bad.
    Wearing organic plugs now to soak up the ooze (sexy)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

For some reason my nipples always go crusty if Im stressed.And they ooze lymph-well thats what I think it is.

Even though theyve been pierced for 16 years or so I still get this reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Mine are always absolutely fine actually, I've never noticed any stress-related oozing or anything... it does sound delightful though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

My nipples too! Redoing the leaving this week and they're really tender and irritable, my scaffold is acting up,kicking out a bit of gunk,did it last year too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Oozing isnt the best description(well its not obvious).Its more like you clean them going to bed and wake up next morning and theyre crusty again so they must be oozing during the night.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I find my conch does that if I'm really stressed. It gets a bit crusty in the mornings. Also happens if I'm sick or run down for any reason. It's only a year old so not sure if that's anything to do with it, but never have this reaction with any other piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

yah my nipple reacts bad too :(
    and sometimes my lip.
    silly leaving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

My nape...always had touble with it when I was stressed....or even the slightest bit sniffly with a cold. Had a majorly stressful time there a few weeks ago, ended up taking it out in a moment of madness....really wish I hadn't now :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Boo that Shelli, get it back :D

My scaffold plays up when I feel run down or stressed. I've had it for about four years now and it's always been like that. If I'm really sick, then the lip piercings will feel really weird too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Yeah one of my nipples too, I've both done but only the one plays up when I'm stressed. Plus I get the raised up/blotchy thing on only one of my tats as well. Weird!! :confused:

Nipples too and lobes, stress is out of the way now though so should be on the mend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

jenizzle wrote: »
    Boo that Shelli, get it back :D

Didn't think it'd be possible to re-pierce a surface piercing like the nape? And I don't want to get it above or below where it was because it was in the center of the tattoo on my nape...doh :(

Hmm, now I'm starting to think I'll have to get two smallet ones in it's place :)

Back on topic....my left lobe is acting up somethin awful over the last few days....can't put my finger on why....stressed yes, but no more than normal....must be the heat??

Change in temp can sometimes cause hassle, i find it sometimes too.
    First sign of trouble i sometimes remove em, but more often than not im stubborn >.<

Advertisement