Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

level change

Options
  • 01-06-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

hey! quick Q for the people here, can i change to any level i want on the day?
    For e.g change from higher to pass, or pass to foundation?
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yes definetly!

But its not a good idea, especially for subjects like Maths for examnple, as some of the course material for pass may not be on the honors course and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

yes but you shouldn't do that unless you at least look through the past papers from www.examinations.ie for the lower level beforehand because some stuff on the lower course may not be on the higher course.

Also I don't think you can take the higher paper and then after reading it for 5 minutes ask for the lower paper. I think you have to stick with the first one you take but I don't know for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

yeah ok, thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

also they only send out 10% extra papers for each level. like.. say there is 40 people in the year doing pass maths, theyr only gonna send out 4 extra pass papers, so be quick about it if your thinkin about changing :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

also they only send out 10% extra papers for each level. like.. say there is 40 people in the year doing pass maths, theyr only gonna send out 4 extra pass papers, so be quick about it if your thinkin about changing :rolleyes::pac:
    That doesn't matter... they just photocopy extras if needed.

If you want to drop to Foundation Irish you'll need a note from your parents from the day. Your principal/vice principal will need to sign it too that morning.
    I think it's only for Foundation Irish 'cos you've already done an oral (which isn't on the foundation course!)

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »
    I think it's only for Foundation Irish 'cos you've already done an oral (which isn't on the foundation course!)

Orals are on the foundation course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

blue-army wrote: »
    That doesn't matter... they just photocopy extras if needed.

If you want to drop to Foundation Irish you'll need a note from your parents from the day. Your principal/vice principal will need to sign it too that morning.
    Orals are on the foundation course.
    Yep...but it's different afaik.

They don't do sliochts and there's different stuff asked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pooner

yes you can change on the day but the minute you get the paper on your desk there is no going back!!

The best advice i ever got about level change was -if its a theory subject like biology the info is the same it doesnt change just eacuse you do pass , the definitions they ask for are the exact same they dont dum them down or allow you to leave out the hard words!!! All that is really different is the wording of the questions it is easier to know what info you need with the pass questions!!!

Dont just change because your freaking out about the leaving cert...an A in pass is really hard to get just like in honours and a D in pass gets you 40-55 points a d in pass gets you 5-20!!!

Its a big decision but not one to be made when the supervisor asks who wants the pass paper!!!

*Best of Luck*

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

yes you can.

i'm dropping to ordinary maths.i didnt get any points in hl at the mocks and i cant see myself getting any in the proper thing

Advertisement