Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2009 - Candidates set out their stall

Options
  • 01-06-2009 1:38pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We are in the final stretch to Friday, June 5th. D-Day for local & European election candidates across the country. Since its the final stretch, I have invited some candidates to contribute to this topic to let the electorate know who they are and what they are offering. This will be a summary of the candidates in Waterford County including town councils. If you have any questions please use this existing discussion thread. Feel free to let your local candidate know about this topic!

Note to candidates: One hit wonders will be removed. This is not a platform for free advertising. If you want to post about yourself, you are required to contribute elsewhere on this forum by at least taking part in the discussion on the elections here. Please keep your post short and simple, once only.

Note to general users: This topic will only be used for candidates to post about themselves, once. Any discussion related to what they say should be taken here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 James Mccartan

I have long history of delivering for the people of Waterford,through various organisations and groups.

I have been a member of CoastWatch Ireland for a number of years now, while with CoastWatch, I have been involved in a campaign to have Tramore beach cleaned of sewerage and have the dump closed.

That campaign twice ended up in the European Court, where the Irish government was prosecuted and
    I was also involved in a high profile case which involved the stopping of the dumping of creosote wash in Suir estuary, which in my opinion , could have damaged the lives and livlihood of people living and working along the Suir estuary.

Also as a member of Tramore town Council, I put forward and had passed, 43 motions, some of these involved, footpaths, roads, grass cutting, litter collection, crossings for school children on the ring road, and the removal of the unsightly sports net , erected by Waterford.Co.Co. along the ring road. So there are many reasons why people should vote James Mc Cartan Number One on the 5th June. Because I will and can deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

I am Chairman of Tramore Development Trust, a founder of Transition Town Tramore, and a member of the Executive of the County Community Forum.

I was a founder member of Genetic Concern in 1997 and played a key role in their campaign to prevent the release of GM crops into the Irish Environment.

I was a member of Irish Citizens for Trustworthy eVoting and played a key role in their campaign to ensure that the flawed eVoting system was not put into use. I wrote the Green Party submission to the Commission on Electronic Voting and I was instrumental in creating cross party agreement between the Greens, Fine Gael and Labour in opposition to the system in 2003/4.

I was involved in setting up the Waterford Energy Bureau in 2003, and I sat on the Management Committee until 2006. I am member of the Green Party Energy Policy Group which advises Minister Eamon Ryan.

I recently set up a Community Allotments project on 1.5 acres in the Tramore area.

This video sets out what I want to do in the next five years, if elected to Waterford County Council.

http://www.youtube.com/v/IzpXifl_aLc

Please visit my website for more information.

Advertisement