Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madbull Shark hop rubber silicon and rubber with 'X' Spacers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The Shark rubbers were originally created to deal with the constant double feeding problem caused by Madbull's CO2 powered replacement for an AEG gearbox. The system worked reasonably well apart from the double feeding. These rubbers were made with internal fins to only have the capacity to hold one round at a time, thereby preventing the double feed.
    On a standard AEG they don't really have any different effect to any other hop rubber. There's no mention of what rating the silicon rubber is there but if I remember correctly it's somewhere around the 50 mark, which puts it in the same ball park as the Guarder silicon rubber (my personal favourite).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

the shark fin is quite good actually... it makes the hop applied more evenly... cuts down on side curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Thanks lads

Firekitten wrote: »
    the shark fin is quite good actually... it makes the hop applied more evenly... cuts down on side curve.

I've heard mixed reports, but I haven't tried one myself. I was thinking of getting a couple to test out since pretty much every other Madbull product I have has exceeded my expectations.
    If it does indeed cut down on side-curve it'll find a place in my SR25 which has developed a nasty right-hand pull over the last year, which no end of tweaking has managed to correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Make sure your barrel is level inside the hop unit... is a key one. but the Element is the same as madbull.. half the price and just as good.. ive used both, and the Element is rather nifty imo...

• Advertisement

Oh I've checked everything possible, even deflections in the barrels bore itself. It's heartbreaking since it's sapped up cumulative days of assembly, test, disassembly, tweaking and repeating. She's been sitting on her todd for the last six months over it. I must stick one of those on the next order and see what difference it makes.

Advertisement