Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Transfer Thread - Ins/Outs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Very unlikely RVN will be at Real when C.Ronaldo arrives given their previous bust up.

Good signing for Spurs if it happens, could work well with a pacy striking partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

keane=cock wrote: »
    is this a wind up?? i have not heard anything else about this

i know real will be off loading a few players so it could be realistic

It's been an ongoing rumour for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Hope it's true and the deal goes through.Ruud would be a great addition to the club's squad.Prefer the genuine article,the true professional anytime, to a self obsessed talent such as Ronaldo the brylcreamed rodent who deserted the Red ship, despite protestations to the contrary for months,for Franco's army.
    Ruud,I believe,would find it difficult to abide the narcissistic,immature twat and maybe he feels it's time to move on,leave the club of flash for a team of more genuine character and which has strong local ties ,a club which is passionate about football and down-to-earth in it's approach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

I've seen milk turn quicker than the big lad.

hahaha best comment ever to describe dunne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

You cannot be serious. Nisleroy is over the top by anyones standards. 32 years old and been warming the bench for Real Madrid since last November. Cisse, I won't even stoop to give my opinion of him, only to say 1 out of 10 for "artistic impression". Is this the best Harry can offer to bring back the Glory Days or will it be the same old story i.e. frazer Campbell gone!! Pav gone!! Bent gone!! Bentley gone!! and all Summer the same old story; can't sign X, can't sign Y, can't sign Z a big clear out and season starts with the skeleton squad and frantically paying over the odds for 2nd rate players before the transfer window closes. I hate to say it, but I still see Harry signing his 'ol Portsmouth coherts Crouch & Co. Time will tell, but time is running out Harry and so are my patients.

• Advertisement

You cannot be serious. Nisleroy is over the top by anyones standards. 32 years old and been warming the bench for Real Madrid since last November.

You'll find injured players don't get to play many games when they are on a 6-9 month recovery from surgery...
    but time is running out Harry and so are my patients.

Fúck me, there's impatient and then there's ridiculous.

The season starts in 2 months time, and we haven't even started our pre-season. Calm down...

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Ah lay off him - he's a doctor losing customers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

he hasnt even been on the bench mate......

his goal to games racio speaks for itself and i would love to see him in a spurs jersey next season. He is just waht we need. A striker who get a goal for us every 2nd game. Hes quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Not 100 % sure. Who would go ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I like Richard Dunne, a lto in fact. I'm ecstatic at the moment with King and Woodgate.

As much as I like Dunne, I wouldn't like to see him waste his time in a Spurs shirt. I'd prefer if he went to Villa or something, where he'd probably get more regular football than in WHL - I don't care where, as long as he has a good season and we get to the World Cup!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/spurs-target-pfa-young-player-of-the-year

Just saw this link. I'd love to see Young on the left and Lennon on the right. Jesus defences would just sh1t themselves :D..and they could overlap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

Not a hope, in reality why would he go to ye? He will stay with Villa see where that takes him for a year and then decide his future. Why move backwards??

Ashley Young would be a great buy. Fingers Xsed that Arry pulls it off.

glanman wrote: »
    Not a hope, in reality why would he go to ye? He will stay with Villa see where that takes him for a year and then decide his future. Why move backwards??

I dont want to get into a Villa V Spurs debate but do you really think going to Spurs for next season would be backwards? In fairness Villa far outshot their station last season and secondly dont forget that Villas best season in donkeys years was only 2 places ahead of us.....In Spurs worst start to a season in half a century. :D Villa wont get near Spurs next season ..not a chance;)

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Villa wont get near Spurs next season ..not a chance;)

Nice one Ed!! You said it all in a nut shell. One decent season in yonks, did Villa really think they were top 4 material, not a hope. Look at the way they fell apart there last 9 or 10 games. Delusions of grandure I think!!!!

neilisagam wrote: »
    he hasnt even been on the bench mate......

his goal to games racio speaks for itself

Yeah, take out the penalties from the ratio and it does'nt make that good a reading.

Ah lay off him - he's a doctor losing customers ;)

Worse than that Pat, I'm a doctor loosing my battle with swine flu :D!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

any transfer is possible,if the moneys right.
    he's a good player who did well last season but like the rest of villas squad his form faded badly near the end.i'd prefer modric on the left and we spend our money on an attacking central mid-fielder

Delusions of grandure I think!!!!

We should know, we are the masters of that...

Young will not be moving to Spurs, he is getting regular football in a top 6 side, he's in with a shout of an England place, and he's playing for a manager who rates him (and vice versa)

He won't get more money at Spurs, he won't get European football at Spurs (this season) and he won't get any closer to the CL at Spurs.

Moving to us wouldn't be a backwards step, but it would be sideways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Mate, you're welcome to your opinion (and this is our forum, not mine) but if you think Huddlestone is not slow you need to get to Specsavers!

I've seen milk turn quicker than the big lad.

I just hope that Huddlestone doesn't move on and become the player, that I am sure he will, elsewhere.....

FEC !

(Future England Captain)

• Advertisement

He won't get more money at Spurs, he won't get European football at Spurs (this season) and he won't get any closer to the CL at Spurs.

He wont get real european football at Villa either :D Not unless you call Thursday night visits to such great clubs as Honka and Nordsjælland European football, or better still watching his reserve team play European football in the hope of getting knocked out of the competition late in the season for fear ( Ironically ) of not getting European football the next season :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

BOLT wrote: »
    I just hope that Huddlestone doesn't move on and become the player, that I am sure he will, elsewhere.....

FEC !

(Future England Captain)

i really like big tom really rate his passing

england captain??? afraid i dont agree bolt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

keane=cock wrote: »
    i really like big tom really rate his passing

england captain??? afraid i dont agree bolt

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭j.griff

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/17/tottenham-target-real-madrid-s-klaas-jan-huntelaar-gabriel-heinze-arjen-robben-in-37m-mega-deal-115875-21446768/

i sure hope it happens, mind you i think heinze may be pass his sell by date....

Tottenham supremo Daniel Levy has begun talks with Real Madrid over a stunning £36million swoop for Arjen Robben, Gabriel Heinze and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

The White Hart Lane chairman went to Spain to seal a deal for the trio who, despite their quality, are surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu following Kaka’s arrival and the impending capture of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Levy had discussions with sporting director Miguel Pardeza, in charge of a clear-out at Real.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp made Ruud van Nistelrooy his prime target. But Levy has yet to be convinced the 32-year-old former Manchester United striker, who would command £90,000 a week, would be good business following his return from almost a season out with a knee injury.

Instead, Tottenham have moved for 25-year-old former Chelsea winger Robben, Huntelaar, also 25, and Heinze, a long-time target.

Robben is the surprise of the trio. In his first season at the Bernabeu he helped Madrid become champions, his fourth league title in six years.

Despite being hampered by injury at the start of the 2008-2009 season, he put in colossal displays against Valencia as part of a solid campaign.

Robben also scored Spain’s goal of the season for a second time. Against Villarreal, he skipped past four players down the right wing and finished with a brilliantly-struck long-range effort.

Madrid, however, are in the market for Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery. Robben, who has three years left on his contract, is unwilling to leave and wants to fight his way into the plans of new coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Heinze has an offer on the table from his former club Paris St Germain but the 31-year-old has yet to accept it, while it is unclear whether Huntelaar would want to cut his losses and move to the Premier League after just one season in Spain following his transfer from Ajax.

The move for Heinze, however, casts doubt over the future of Gareth Bale at Tottenham.

The former Southampton youngster has failed to command a regular place at White Hart Lane under Redknapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

well if we got jusr robben i'd be over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heinze is crap, Robben runs up cul de sacs, KJH could be an interesting buy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Imagine this facing liverpool next season:

Gomes
    Heinze
    King
    Woody
    Hutton
    Lennon
    Placios
    Modric
    Robben
    Defoe/Keane
    Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Not bad in fairness

Still to light in the middle. You couldnt play Modric in the centre beside Wilson as a typical creative midfielder I dont think.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Robbens father is quoted in a dutch newspaper today as being adamant Robben would never go to Spurs.

• Advertisement

It's from the Mirror, so I'd take it with a pillar of salt.

Advertisement