Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Transfer Thread - Ins/Outs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's from the Mirror, so I'd take it with a pillar of salt.

im pretty sure i saw a photo of levy in madrid (source ssn)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Headshot wrote: »
    im pretty sure i saw a photo of levy in madrid (source ssn)

Was he not in Spain sorting the Ramos/compensation issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Huntelaar I would like, and pick up Diarra too if we are intent on buying Madrid rejects.. If Robben could stay fit he is a top class player, Heinze is not up to it anymore though.

I dont like the idea of buying too many players who didnt make it at bigger clubs, you would have to question their attitude and commitment. Look at Newcastle who had Butt, Owen, Martins, Duff and Viduka who had all played on a bigger stage and struggled to perform consistently with the Geordies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

None of this is gonna happen

Just hope we get Van Nistelrooy, which is possible I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

IanCurtis wrote: »
    None of this is gonna happen

Just hope we get Van Nistelrooy, which is possible I reckon

Not in a million years would we sign him. £Stg 90,000 per week wages. Not good business at all, for an injury prone has been.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

'We don't talk with Tottenham,' he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. 'At the moment we don't talk with any club. Of course, things can change overnight, but one thing is sure: Arjen will certainly not join Tottenham.
    'I even want to bet on a bottle of wine Arjen won't play there.'

Well Mr Robben Snr., it seems, as your sons agent, you have declared to the world that Arjen will not join Spurs under any circumstances.
    If I was in Arry's shoes I would say for the record that my fondest memories of your boy conjures up that lovely little number by that R & B singer R.Kelly " I believe I can fly". He was the biggest diver in the premiership (followed closely by Winker Ronaldo) that I can remember in living memory. Spurs would not pay the £90,000 a week wages you are looking for, he was also a "sick note" and as for that bottle of wine, where the sun don't shine my friend.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Was he not in Spain sorting the Ramos/compensation issue ?

That's what I understood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

He's not "injury-prone" - check out his appearances for the past 15 seasons. He's had a bad last season, but he's just what Tottenham need. A quality lethal striker.

I would stick £50 on him joining us.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

HE SAID IN 2004 MY SON WILL NOT TO CHELSEA. OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL HE GO THERE,OLD TRAFFORD IS THE ONLY PLACE HE WANTS TO PLAY AND IF HE CAN'T PLAY THERE HE WOULD RATHER STAY AT PSV. IN FACT HE WOULD RATHER PLAY IN THERE RESERVES THAN GO TO CHELSEA,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

alot of internet rumours today about sunderland trying to sign robbie keane.what do you think?personally i'm not too bothered,he's not the same player since he came back from liverpool and i'd prefer defoe anyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Yeah these rumours have been coming and going for bout two weeks so i reckon there is definately a bit of truth to them.

I'd be the same, i prefer defoe anyday and also don't think it works if both play together. I wouldn't mind if we bought Crouch, the two them were great together at Pompey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

For Robbie's sake I'd like to see him stay but from a verycut throat point of view he'd be no great loss if we sign a top drawer striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

They are doing the Irish association thing...Quinn and Keane.

Do you really think Claudia would want to live up Norf where it can be quite grim:D ???

Bring her kid up with Geordie accent,,,nope

Have heard from a source closed to robbie that the talk of a move to sunderland is complete bollo*.

That is good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bart Wilson

Very good news lads!

:DLatest news on Robbie is that he is deffo not going to lowly Sunderland. Details have emerged that he and the Spurs management have had a bit of a falling out over his attitude towards the end of last season and were looking at selling him on. However this has surprised Robbie who confirmed he doen't want to leave, especially not to lowly Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Meathfan wrote: »
    They are doing the Irish association thing...Quinn and Keane.

Do you really think Claudia would want to live up Norf where it can be quite grim:D ???

Bring her kid up with Geordie accent,,,nope
    Good point about Claudia.that's the end of that transfer then...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Have NEVER been a huge fan of Keane and would certainly not be upset if he were to move on before the new season.
    Now if only we could off-load Bent & Bentley....

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

whats your view is it a realistic possibility harry can convince him to follow his fellow countrymen to north london, i hope so he would be a fantastic buy.

We haven't a chance of getting him [Rodriguez] to Spurs, why would he swap CL football for the 2nd round of the Carling Cup?

• Advertisement

Maybe our lack of ambition in the Uefa cup last season is going against us now...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

ziedth wrote: »
    For Robbie's sake I'd like to see him stay but from a verycut throat point of view he'd be no great loss if we sign a top drawer striker.

thats a very big "if" Keane and Defoe are the level of strikers that we can attract! Very good players but not of the very top drawer.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

BOLT wrote: »
    Have NEVER been a huge fan of Keane and would certainly not be upset if he were to move on before the new season.
    Now if only we could off-load Bent & Bentley....

Have to agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Personally, I hope he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

According to Harry it doesn't look like we will panic buy. I got this from the skysports website. Gas he still manages to get his "2 points from 8 games quote in". Interesting article though. Very clever of Harry saying we were in for players that have moved and praising the squad is a real turn around. I for one am quietley optimistic for this season.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has admitted Manchester Cityspacer.gif beat him to Gareth Barryspacer.gif and Roque Santa Cruz.spacer.gif
    Redknapp was keen to sign Santa Cruz and Barry, but was blown out of the water by City's financial muscle.
    The Spurs chief was disappointed to lose out on the duo and he concedes Spurs cannot compete with City in the transfer market.
    Another level

"I'm looking to strengthen the squad and we've made inquiries for some good players," Redknapp told the Mail on Sunday "But it's very difficult. City have blown us out of the water.

"Regarding two of the players we were strong on, in the end we could not compete with Manchester City. They are working on another level with the wages they can offer.
    "We liked Barry and Santa Cruz but when it came to it we just weren't at the races. The wages they offer have gone sky high. Glen Johnsonspacer.gif has gone to Liverpool and is picking up two-and-a-half times the wages he was getting at Portsmouth.
    "There is no doubt City are making it very difficult for the rest. Barry only had a year left on his contract and would have been a terrific signing for us, but they are probably paying him double what we would have given him, so we had no chance."
    Despite missing out on two of his top targets, Redknapp insists he will not rushed into buying any new players this summer.
    "We're not going to rush in," added Redknapp. "I have spoken to the chairman Daniel Levyspacer.gif and we've decided if we can't get players who will improve the team we're not going to bother.
    "We've already got a decent squad, many of whom are going to get better. But we recognise we have to improve.
    "If Ledley Kingspacer.gif and Jonathan Woodgatespacer.gif stay injury-free we'll be strong at centre-half and the goalkeeping situation is much better. After early problems with Heurelho Gomes, he looked a different proposition to the one he was when I took over. We ended the season with two excellent keepers in him and Carlo Cudicini.spacer.gif"

Target

Redknapp was happy with the job he did at White Hart Lane last season and has targeted a top six finish this term.

"I think the fans were genuinely happy with what happened after I came," noted Redknapp. "When you've only got two points from eight games, you're in trouble, aren't you?
    "Confidence was low but by the end of the season we had a great home record. We've got to improve the away results next season. If we can do that we can push to finish in the top six. That has to be our aim and I believe we can achieve it."

I've merged a sh1te load of transfer threads into this one here.

Joe Cole, read it on HH Site.Would be an excellent signing but surely a load of old cobblers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

looks like zokora transfer will be announced today and bent at the weekend. id say we will get bellamy and dunne in

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/zokoratosevilla080709.html

doesnt say how much but surprisingly after they wouldnt meet our demands for him, we settle out of court over the Ramos issue and he's on his way. I wonder...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

Mullo76 wrote: »
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/zokoratosevilla080709.html

doesnt say how much but surprisingly after they wouldnt meet our demands for him, we settle out of court over the Ramos issue and he's on his way. I wonder...

Ha ha things like that would never happen at WHL:D

Wish Zakora well he reminds me of myself when I play footy-
    All heart-No skill & couldnt hit a barn door from 12yrds lol:)

Be interesting to see who were linked with from now until the end of the season:rolleyes:

Advertisement