Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Transfer Thread - Ins/Outs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Really hope if we are buying we do it sooner rather than later. Get the players in over next few weeks, get pre-season in together and start the league as a coherent outfit.

But in reality I expect us to be scrambling around the day before the window closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

that wont happen with harry. he will be well ready for the start of the new season. i would expect all new players in for the trip to china

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hope so, think its exactly what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

once bents transfer is announced then we will see a few new faces i would imagine. i only hope that bentley is still on his way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Things should start moving now..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Was never the most gifted player we had, but Zokora was always willing to try and do a job when he was asked, he never complained publicly when he spent time on the bench, and was genuinely happy to play for the club.

All the best Didier, I'll always have a soft spot for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

all the best didier, no figure disclosed,£26m release fee :confused:,he will probably go and score on his debut, great heart and always gave bags of effort my lasting memory of him will be cc final "bearing down on cechs goal this is it he must score" ffs zokora.

the man never scored in over 100 appearances from midfield. that is pathetic for a midfielder, its not as if he was falling back making tackles like palacious or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

ah i'll miss him. I still remember him dancing with robbie after the carling cup win but we need to cut off deadwood to progress i'm afraid. There's no place for senimentality in football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Cant remember Zokora doing anything memorable in 3 yrs. Just another average journey man that we've seen come thought the doors at Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

For some reason Harry Redknapp scares me when it comes to transfers. I just don't know what to expect. I've seen rumors linking us with Madrids finest, and then ones having us make bids for Crouch and Carew. I really hope we don't invest in these good average players as we have done in the past. Redknapp said some time ago that two or three world class players are what we need and I really hope he keeps to that principle.

Cant remember Zokora doing anything memorable in 3 yrs.

It's more what he didn't do Shane, sat on the bench when he was told to, never complained in public about not being a starter, never photographed with his arse out like our esteemed club captain, never fcuked off to his boyhood team, no agent bollox.

Tried his best, wasn't his fault he isn't the most skillful player in the world, but he's honest and I wish him well for it.

The ITKs :rolleyes: latest rumours are:

Alvaro Negredo from Real Madrid (on loan to Almeria) very highly though of striker.

Roma's Vucinic for £18m, as they need to sell before they buy.

And Beckham on loan for 10 months.

Knowing our luck we'll get Brooklyn instead of David...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The ITKs :rolleyes: latest rumours are:

Alvaro Negredo from Real Madrid (on loan to Almeria) very highly though of striker.

Roma's Vucinic for £18m, as they need to sell before they buy.

And Beckham on loan for 10 months.

Knowing our luck we'll get Brooklyn instead of David...:P

pretty sure utd were linked with him recently

I think he said recently he didnt want to leave Roma but we know what players are like these days

Headshot wrote: »
    pretty sure utd were linked with him recently

He was, the report in the Italian press said he'd "turned down" a move to United but Roma were eager to sell him because they'd get a decent wedge for him.

Rags' transfer gossip round up, via the BBC:

Aston Villa winger Ashley Young has emerged as Manchester United's top transfer target with Sir Alex Ferguson poised to offer £25million for the England winger.
    Full story: Star on Sunday

Tottenham are preparing a £25m swap deal, involving midfielder David Bentley, to bring Young to White Hart Lane.
    Full story: Mail on Sunday

Villa will shell out £10million for Stewart Downing - even though the Middlesbrough winger will be out injured until November.
    Full story: People

Spurs could help fund a move for Young by offloading Michael Dawson, with Sunderland reportedly set to bid for the defender.
    Full story: News of the World

LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham will consider a sensational comeback to the Premier League if his dream return to AC Milan falls through.

Also, the NOTW are reporting that Woody wants have talks about a new contract.

Rags' transfer gossip round up, via the BBC:

Aston Villa winger Ashley Young has emerged as Manchester United's top transfer target with Sir Alex Ferguson poised to offer £25million for the England winger.
    Full story: Star on Sunday

Tottenham are preparing a £25m swap deal, involving midfielder David Bentley, to bring Young to White Hart Lane.
    Full story: Mail on Sunday

Villa will shell out £10million for Stewart Downing - even though the Middlesbrough winger will be out injured until November.
    Full story: People

Spurs could help fund a move for Young by offloading Michael Dawson, with Sunderland reportedly set to bid for the defender.

LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham will consider a sensational comeback to the Premier League if his dream return to AC Milan falls through.

Also, the NOTW are reporting that Woody wants have talks about a new contract.

Assuming all this is true (which it won't be as the NOTW as its source) i'd only want young and i'd wanna hold onto dawson.

I'd personally burn an effigy if Beckham waltzed in and all the **** that comes with him.

I'm hoping harry is playing a clever game in the transfer window and he's not gonna loose him head and raid all the deadweight from newcastle and boro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd personally burn an effigy if Beckham waltzed in and all the **** that comes with him.

Do you mean the millions he'd bring with him in shirt sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

TheManWho wrote: »
    Levy and Co would think they had died and gone to heaven if Beckham came to Spurs! (can just see posh in the shelf ;))

This is a non starter as were the rumours of Vieira and VNR

I have said it before and I will say it again - we will get no namers or Crouch/Nugent types this year, and that is that!

All I read in the papers that makes any sense is that we are likely to "loose" a lot more than we will get in!

• Advertisement

TheManWho wrote: »

I personally don't give a toss about shirt sales, what I do care about how the "Beckham Machine" would want him to play on his right position so he can still try for his england place and that means dropping last years player of the year.

I wouldn't want the circus that he comes with, I think you can have too much media attention when you sign certain players you only have to look at UTD and the Owen fiasco that will unfold if he flops.

Latest rumours: Patrick Viera and two kids from Sheff Utd.

And some maintain we should dith the cups and concentrate on a top 4 challenge :D

Also talk of numb nuts booing Viera if he signs, wtf? How is that going to help our cause, just cause he played for the dark side? Have a fúcking word with yourselves. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Surely Viera is past it now? And what would he bring to the team that Palacios doesn't except cover? As for booing him, well that's just childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So appearently we're in for another two right backs
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/5823982/Tottenham-launch-11m-bid-for-Sheffield-United-duo-Kyle-Naughton-and-Kyle-Walker.html

11 million for the pair does anyone know how good these guys are?

Love to see young at the lane and let them have downing.

And some maintain we should dith the cups and concentrate on a top 4 challenge :D

Also talk of numb nuts booing Viera if he signs, wtf? How is that going to help our cause, just cause he played for the dark side? Have a fúcking word with yourselves. :mad:

Not a fan of him ronan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hope to god we dont touch the cnut.

And some maintain we should dith the cups and concentrate on a top 4 challenge

That would be me, but to be honest I don't really care very much anymore. What ever does happen next season at Spurs you can be sure that it won't be anything too amazing.

I've decided that I'm just gonna enjoy the pints and the banter and not get my kinckers in a twist over the football. I love Spurs but I hate the game, or at least what the game has become.

As for Viera, wouldn't be a bad signing I suppose, only worry would be over his age. Of course he's nowhere near the player he was, then again if he was, there's no way he'd ever consider going to Spurs. And that's another example of the vicious circle of 5hite we find ourselves in every season. The chicken and egg of modern football. Can't be arsed with it.

COYS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

That would be me, but to be honest I don't really care very much anymore. What ever does happen next season at Spurs you can be sure that it won't be anything too amazing.

I've decided that I'm just gonna enjoy the pints and the banter and not get my kinckers in a twist over the football. I love Spurs but I hate the game, or at least what the game has become.

As for Viera, wouldn't be a bad signing I suppose, only worry would be over his age. Of course he's nowhere near the player he was, then again if he was, there's no way he'd ever consider going to Spurs. And that's another example of the vicious circle of 5hite we find ourselves in every season. The chicken and egg of modern football. Can't be arsed with it.

COYS :D

Has Dublin Spur fallen out of love with THFC again ;)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Has Dublin Spur fallen out of love with THFC again ;)

No mate, I'll always love Spurs. It will always be a part of me.

It's the state of the game that's breaking my heart.

On the field it's the diving, cheating, lying and the arguing with the refs. There's definaltely something wrong with following a bunch of clueless lucky-as-fcuk thick millionaires pretenting to give a 5hit, kissing the badge etc....

My football is dead and buried, some horrible mutation has taken over. This new glossy version is so overhyped, very expensive and very often quite boring, played out in new custom made stadiums with dead atmospheres full of either 1) new fans who waiting to be entertained paying 50 quid a go or 2) acres of empty seats like Boro, Wigan, Balckburn, Sunderland etc....

Hopfully the Sky bubble will burst some day and the game will return to normallity. Until then I will continue to hate it whislt perversly wanting my Spurs to do well every week. As you can see it a bit of a head-fcuk :D

That's football I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He was, the report in the Italian press said he'd "turned down" a move to United but Roma were eager to sell him because they'd get a decent wedge for him.

came across this stuff
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199629/I-sign-Spurs-says-Roma-striker-Mirko-Vucinic.html
    Roma striker Mirko Vucinic has ruled out a move to Tottenham, reiterating he hopes to remain with the Giallorossi.

Vucinic has been a reported target of Manchester United, Spurs and Liverpool this summer but the 25-year-old has always insisted he wants to stay at the Stadio Olimpico and signed a new four-year deal just last month.

The Montenegro forward admits he would study an offer if one came in but would not move to White Hart Lane.

At the moment it's useless to talk because there aren't any offers,' said Vucinic. 'If one should arrive I will talk with the club and we'll see.

'Obviously there are places where I would not want to go. Tottenham? Let's reject that.

'I would be sorry to leave Roma, also because I have just renewed my contract.'

Vucinic struggled in his first year with the Eternal City giants but was Roma's second top scorer last season behind captain Francesco Totti with 11 goals.

v.jpg

Advertisement