Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Laptop" Format Policy for the LC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Beau x1 wrote: »

A staff member in the school applied for us, so I'm assuming he probably listed that the external provision of laptops was not a necessity.

Are you going to check or are you going to assume he did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Are you going to check or are you going to assume he did?
    Assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Probably a bit late now anyway to try get a laptop off em.
    Having to pay the cost yourself though, is pretty ridiculous-considering your'e paying to do the Leaving anyway. How long ago were you told of this? Have you tried ringing the SEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Just out of interest, hoe do you do diagrams? MS Paint?

@Jammyc: Less than a week ago, and no I have not today due to a bank holiday but I'll give them a ring early tomorrow morning, good idea.

@Piste: Photoshop, although that takes ages; so what I do now is just have an answer book ready for diagrams and just say in my answers

[Refer to Fig 1.1]...etc. Works well. I had a graphics table too but that was a recipe for disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Less than a week ago
    Pretty shitty timing on their part. €150 is fairly steep to come up with in a week. I'd imagine theres some sort of help available. I'd ring em first thing tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

@Jammyc: Less than a week ago, and no I have not today due to a bank holiday but I'll give them a ring early tomorrow morning, good idea.

@Piste: Photoshop, although that takes ages; so what I do now is just have an answer book ready for diagrams and just say in my answers

[Refer to Fig 1.1]...etc. Works well. I had a graphics table too but that was a recipe for disaster.
    Did you draw the pics in the Geography notes you posted earlier?

Yeah I did, except for the ones that were obviously scanned in from a sheet (computer generated ones).

Sorry they're horrendous, but they'll do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Yeah I did, except for the ones that were obviously scanned in from a sheet (computer generated ones).

Sorry they're horrendous, but they'll do the job.

Its not that bad.

Advertisement