Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Improving Quality of Youth Players

Options
  • 01-06-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys first time poster in this forum.

I'm playing as Man City and I find after qualifying for the champs league I have to register 4 club trained players and 8 National trained players (i.e. trained in england 3 years between age 15 and 21). This is proving quite difficult for me at the moment so I was looking for advice on how I can improve the quality of players in my youth team.

I've tried scouting and buying in young 16/17 year olds from other clubs and I also went to the board to ask them to improve youth facilities but maybe theres something else I can do.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

Hi Guys first time poster in this forum.

I'm playing as Man City and I find after qualifying for the champs league I have to register 4 club trained players and 8 National trained players (i.e. trained in england 3 years between age 15 and 21). This is proving quite difficult for me at the moment so I was looking for advice on how I can improve the quality of players in my youth team.

I've tried scouting and buying in young 16/17 year olds from other clubs and I also went to the board to ask them to improve youth facilities but maybe theres something else I can do.

thanks

Hire world class youth coach's and get senior players to mentor :):):cool::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i normally have a surplus if i'm playing as a big club :)

I have no idea if this is the standard pratice, or a horrible way to go about it but what i tend to do:

as soon as there's a new intake of youth into the game (i.e. it's created new regens) i send my scouts out to look for players 16 years and younger. usually i'd make 4 or 5 signings on the back of this every window, though i only buy those who my scouts claim will become leading stars (and the scouts must have very high scouting attributes, i.e. 20 in spotting player potential). typically i'll spend no more than 1 million per player, sometimes it's as low as 20k though. averages about 2-3 million spent on youth per window.

those who are good enough go straight into the reserves. when they turn 17 i tend to send them out on loan. and every now and then i'll have found a potential world class player who'll be good enough to be included in the squad.

with a good youth system, and good coaches to back this up you should be producing a player good enough for the first team every year.

if you do it right, you'll also start finding you'll be making shedloads of extra cash as you sell on those you find who turn out to be not quite good enough, can usually break even at least and no longer have to buy in many players in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

What kind of training schedule do you us? For top help check this forum out. Its very helpful.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40474/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i normally have a surplus if i'm playing as a big club :)

I have no idea if this is the standard pratice, or a horrible way to go about it but what i tend to do:

as soon as there's a new intake of youth into the game (i.e. it's created new regens) i send my scouts out to look for players 16 years and younger. usually i'd make 4 or 5 signings on the back of this every window, though i only buy those who my scouts claim will become leading stars (and the scouts must have very high scouting attributes, i.e. 20 in spotting player potential). typically i'll spend no more than 1 million per player, sometimes it's as low as 20k though. averages about 2-3 million spent on youth per window.

those who are good enough go straight into the reserves. when they turn 17 i tend to send them out on loan. and every now and then i'll have found a potential world class player who'll be good enough to be included in the squad.

with a good youth system, and good coaches to back this up you should be producing a player good enough for the first team every year.

if you do it right, you'll also start finding you'll be making shedloads of extra cash as you sell on those you find who turn out to be not quite good enough, can usually break even at least and no longer have to buy in many players in the market.

more or less the sytem I use.

trawl through the foreign leagues too, i.e Spanish and Italian mainly. Buy up about half a dozen good potential players at about 16/17. Bring them on a bit and then farm them out on loan for a year. Review how they've done. Usually have a scout assigned to watch their games. I've had quite a few that I've bought for €100,000 region and sold on at 20 for 1-3 million, again mostly to clubs in their home countries. Have also uncovered a few gems too.

Having a top quality youth setup and a world class youth team manager/coach helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 robbo88

the best advice i could give you is choose generic training programmes for different positions that focus on the obvious attributes necessary for the position and PLAY the younger players...instead of buying in a squad of 25 brilliant players have 15-18 good players and choose 7-10 young players who each get 5-10 starts a season and a similar number of appearances from the bench. Examples I could give would be Magnus Eikrem, Kiko and Danny Welbeck from united who all become very good players with the right training and experience. No need to buy a striker for 5 years with united if you play it well David Petrucci can get very good aswell as for city they have a young liberian forward, danny sturridge, nedum, micah, michael johnson, kasper, and the balkan winger which covers your need for home grown players (im sure im omitting a few)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Use Tugs T

Advertisement