Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powers 12 at O'Brien's

Options
  • 01-06-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

It's being sold for under 30 euro. And, in my opinion, it's fantastic whiskey.

At that price, I don't think there's a better Irish whiskey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Nice, sometimes O' Brien's do some really great special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

It's supposed to be the same constituents as the standard Powers, but a lot older.

I'll surely be buying a bottle.

Also, the Celtic Whiskey Shop have a 14-year-old Bushmills single-cask (bourbon matured) on sale at the moment. Have not tasted it myself.

And, this is a bit off the point, but the Highland Park 21 you get in duty free is being changed to a 40% abv one. The old one is supposed to be brilliant, so it's worth getting while it's still there if you're flying out of the country to somewhere with a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

at that price I'll be picking up a few myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

question is will they ship to america i have found powers gold but i cant find the 12 yr anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Brockagh wrote: »
    Also, the Celtic Whiskey Shop have a 14-year-old Bushmills single-cask (bourbon matured) on sale at the moment. Have not tasted it myself.

Is this the Bushmills you're talking about? As it looks so so so so tempting.

• Advertisement

question is will they ship to america i have found powers gold but i cant find the 12 yr anywhere

I'm not sure, but here's a link to the Powers 12 on their website...

http://www.obrienswine.ie/groups.aspx?productid=20123&groupid=7

Is this the Bushmills you're talking about? As it looks so so so so tempting.

Yes, that's the one, Truecripper.

ahh thanks brock looks like the only ship if ya buy 6 or more bottles tho :(

I'm sure someone here could pick you up a bottle or two and post them over.

oh would you !

• Advertisement

I'll send some over if you like. What state are you in? Some states are very sticky when it comes to receiving spirits.

I presume you're of legal drinking age...

the State of South Carolina and yes im of drinking age (30 in oct) how many teens would drink powers 12 i ask you ! :P

You're not near Charlseton, are you? A friend of a friend runs a pub there called Madra Rua there. An Irish pub, needless to say.

aye about 2 hrs up the road from em ive heard its a great lil pub

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I may just start my whiskey collection with a bottle of it. Or two. See how the first one goes, and hide the second!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Brockagh wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but here's a link to the Powers 12 on their website...

http://www.obrienswine.ie/groups.aspx?productid=20123&groupid=7

Just noticed their online price for Redbreast 12yo is €34.99

First in gets it as I reckon it will change to the new premium price :rolleyes: once they cop it.

Advertisement