Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good web design program?

Options
  • 01-06-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hey all, to date I have just been using the software that comes with a Mac, iWeb.

I want a software that will create a professional looking site. I will not have an online store on the site.

Can you recommend one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭noreds

I would suggest trying out RapidWeaver which would be the next step up from iWeb without having to learn coding.

Their forums are a great place for help when starting out with RapidWeaver. You can do a lot more with it than iWeb but is still easy to understand and use. A must when using it is to install Blocks which is an Add On.

If you want more of a challenge I would say something like Coda which will mean coding your site up yourself from scratch. Or Dreamweaver if you want to splash the cash.

Hope this helps you out

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Coda and dreamweaver are slightly different things, but I would rate coda higher. Unfortunately there is no 'software that will create a professional looking site' that'll be down to your knowledge and hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

padocon wrote: »
    Hey all, to date I have just been using the software that comes with a Mac, iWeb.

I want a software that will create a professional looking site. I will not have an online store on the site.
    A professional will create a professional looking site. There's not really much software that can replace someone designing a custom solution for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Really what i'm asking for is a program similar to iphoto but with more professional looking templates and designs.
    You are limited to templates with iphoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'm sure you can buy iWeb templates online.

The program someone else mentioned RapidWeaver also has lots of templates you can buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement