Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out advice

Options
  • 01-06-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey
    Ive been living in a house now for a few months, less than a year when 2 weeks ago i was told that the two people who have the lease are moving out and i can either take the lease over myself or move....so ive been given 1 months notice, the thing is now there is a load of **** about getting the house clean, i generally keep to myself and my room, so now im being forced to clean the entire place and 1 of the lease holders is gone and cant do anything and 1 of my other housemates has gone awol...so between work and trying to find a new place ive had feck all time to clean, but surely once my room is the way i got it then i should be entitled to the majority of my deposit....considering i havent signed a lease agreement.... anyone have any advice or a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What does your contract say? What are you renting? A room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 holyjoe

Hey
    Ive been living in a house now for a few months, less than a year when 2 weeks ago i was told that the two people who have the lease are moving out and i can either take the lease over myself or move....so ive been given 1 months notice, the thing is now there is a load of **** about getting the house clean, i generally keep to myself and my room, so now im being forced to clean the entire place and 1 of the lease holders is gone and cant do anything and 1 of my other housemates has gone awol...so between work and trying to find a new place ive had feck all time to clean, but surely once my room is the way i got it then i should be entitled to the majority of my deposit....considering i havent signed a lease agreement.... anyone have any advice or a similar experience?

tbh I dont think the landlord is gona give two hoots who has or
    hasent done what cleaning, once they see the place is a mess they will more than likely take money from everyones deposit. Its up to the tenants to sort out who cleans what among themselves.

have you not got the other two peoples phone numbers, can you
    ring them and ask them to do thier share of the cleaning.

if one of the people is gone, have they got thier deposit already?

Advertisement