Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Superthread

Options
  • 01-06-2009 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Let this thread serve as an archive for notes, just cold hard SRPs you can study off. Bit late now I suppose but you can easily cram between now and Friday afternoon.

I couldn't attach these directly to my thread, because they exceed the allowed filesize.

You might need Word 2007 to view these, some of them you may not.

I'll kick off. Here are my compiled Physical & Regional notes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Fixed, moved them to the 'Public' folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Mr.S wrote: »
    Your links are broken :pac:

Theyre not links. THeyre Zip files. Save em to your desktop/pc.

THanks but I dont have a digital copy notes of my notes. Im just using the Less Stress book and school books. My notes in my copy are sh!te !

Beau, thank you so very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

How do you open them...I extracted them from winrar to whatever and can't open them:confused:. DOCX files, I've never heard of that.

nm I see you need word thingy 2007.

Fyi those who don't have Word 07 can open them using this.

It's just the viewer, without the actual ability to edit anything. It's free though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Thanks for the notes..:)

I'll put up some later.

BTW: In the Global Interdependence 80mk question, Is Global Warming with Desertification/Deforestation due up every year?

Dunno, I'm learning Renewable Energy and Deforestation. I have institute notes I'll paraphrase (they're copyrighted and I don't want boards to get sued) and type up for you later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

i had a really bad teacher for geography and i didnt really leaern anything in her class. i pretty much have learnt of a load of answers that i got from e-xamit. do you think i can get away with it?

So long as you have a fair amount of SRPs, then sure. Just try and use common sense as well, it goes a long way - especially in Regional/Electives and even the Option in some cases.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Dunno, I'm learning Renewable Energy and Deforestation. I have institute notes I'll paraphrase (they're copyrighted and I don't want boards to get sued) and type up for you later ;)

Did you have James Campbell in the Institute?

• Advertisement

I didn't go, I got them off a friend and they're the 2007 notes. Still really, really good stuff thogh. But yeah they're all James C notes.

galway.gaa wrote: »
    i had a really bad teacher for geography and i didnt really leaern anything in her class. i pretty much have learnt of a load of answers that i got from e-xamit. do you think i can get away with it?
    examit.ie was ALL I used for geography last year. Got a B2. :)

Another point...

You can get away with making up some things in geography.

For example... If you need an example of a Waterfall/Lake etc.. Just name a rural area near you. (Doen't have to be true. The examiner has to give you the benefit of the doubt.) :)

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I didn't go, I got them off a friend and they're the 2007 notes. Still really, really good stuff thogh. But yeah they're all James C notes.

I take it the ones you posted arent his notes.

Ive his notes from this year. He's terrible IMO. Theres big black "watermarks" on his notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Swizz wrote: »

Ive his notes from this year. He's terrible IMO. Theres big black "watermarks" on his notes.

Yeah I got his notes from a friend I don't know why he has JFC Geography in large bold text across every page of his notes, stupid. That and he has lots of pointless info thrown in.

Jello wrote: »
    Yeah I got his notes from a friend I don't know why he has JFC Geography in large bold text across every page of his notes, stupid. That and he has lots of pointless info thrown in.

You should hear him in class. He's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

do you think for the option if i know deforestation global warming and desertification and the human impact on the biome (two different options ) would I be ok maybe?Global warming has appeared each year in some form.

Swizz wrote: »

Aye, there my notes and notes from a teacher in my class who was unreal at teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

meathawk wrote: »
    the human impact on the biome

Did that not come up last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Yup but it could come up again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Thanks for the notes - they're great. :)

Geoecology,what should I learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Futurism wrote: »
    Thanks for the notes - they're great. :)

Geoecology,what should I learn?
    Characteristics of a Biome.
    Human Interaction with a Biome.
    There's a lot of overlap between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

haloauto wrote: »
    Characteristics of a Biome.
    Human Interaction with a Biome.
    There's a lot of overlap between the two.

Thanks - now I won't have to make/have a cup of tea while I ponder what part i should focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Good stuff so far. I'm gonna need to cram Biomes as I didn't pay any attention to it in class...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

blue-army wrote: »
    Thanks for the notes..:)

I'll put up some later.

BTW: In the Global Interdependence 80mk question, Is Global Warming with Desertification/Deforestation due up every year?

I'd be surprised if 2 of the 3 don't come up on one of the 3 questions on the Global Interpedence section, it's like there's much more they can ask tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

blue-army wrote: »
    Another point...

You can get away with making up some things in geography.

For example... If you need an example of a Waterfall/Lake etc.. Just name a rural area near you. (Doen't have to be true. The examiner has to give you the benefit of the doubt.) :)

So true. Statistics and **** as well, yeah?
    Few made up percentages?
    Ah yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

for global interdependence, the aid debate is probably a safe bet to know too.
    if global warming, deforestation etc don't come up, i'd be pretty sure the aid debate will.
    its pretty handy too, a lot of common sense, stuff you've heard in the media etc.

thats what i'm banking on anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

Thanks for the links. They will be helpful.

Advertisement