Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with pictures on kodac camera

• 01-06-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have a Kodac Easy Share C743 camera, with a 1gig silver hi tech memory card. So the thing is, when i take a picture with it, I can view it fine in the camera, like on the LCD.
    When I plug in my camera, the thumbnails are fine when I view them, but when I double click them to view them full size, there's always like squares or lines of grey distortion, like the images seem corrupted, yet they look fine when viewing them on the camera and in the thumbnails.
    I'm using vista on a dell inspiron 531 if that matters, its really annoying as there's some valuable pictures on the card. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

humm have you tried opening the file with a different viewer. Even if you open the file in internet explorer or similar. You can try that to rule out the viewer as the problem. Next test is to copy across the file/pic to the laptop and try opening it again, just a few simple things to rule out possible problems. Can you open current pics/files on the pc ok? Ones you might have in your pictures folder.

If still no luck upload a picture of the floor or something here and we can let you know if the image is ok.

Let us know how ya get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I cant open them with a different viewer without copying them to the PC hard drive, which then causes it to corrupt. Its the same also on a laptop with XP. Heres what happens the picture, just a random picture I took, I had to go through pain with it as it got an error when uploading, but you get the idea. The grey matter on it is completely random for each picture. Could the memory card be broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone please help? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I suspect you might need to format the card . I dont suggest that lightly btw but it's highly likely the images are corrupt if they upload to different PCs in the same manner . Have you compared the same image on both computers to confirm the fault manifests identically ? That's just a last gasp thing that I would do prior to formatting .

You should still back up the contents of the card as there may be some viable images and they'll be lost on format . You may also be able to crop some of the corrupt images to at least save something .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

formatting the card will erase the pictures :(

try photorec to try to recover pictures first in case FAT is corrupt on the card

only once you have all the pics you could format the card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

formatting the card will erase the pictures :(

I did mention that ...

Capt'n certainly knows more than I do so I'll bow out now . My sincere apologies if a recovery application can restore the images and there'll be nobody happier than myself to be proven wrong :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

nessyguin wrote: »
    I did mention that ...
    Yeah , it's always worth repeating, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

just an idea

would this get a solution in the photography section , the lads over there are experts in this kinda thing ??

Advertisement