Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI-E 1.0 PCI-E 2.0 Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nuxxx wrote: »
    Heres my motherboard specs

http://www.belinea-treiber.de/files/Belinea%20PCs/Mainboards/ASUS/IPN73-BA/Manual/english.pdf

Will PCI 2.0 Cards work in this?

Thanks

Is there performance issues etc?

Motherboard Name Asus IPN73-BA

I presume you mean PCI-E 2? and for a video card?
    If so yes..PCI-E 2 cards are backwards compatible, however there has been one or minor cards that didn't work correctly and either needed a bios update or flash the video card to work correctly with PCI-E v1. (not for the faint hearted)

If you do a google on your board and the video card you intend to get it should be fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I presume you mean PCI-E 2? and for a video card?
    If so yes..PCI-E 2 cards are backwards compatible, however there has been one or minor cards that didn't work correctly and either needed a bios update or flash the video card to work correctly with PCI-E v1. (not for the faint hearted)

If you do a google on your board and the video card you intend to get it should be fine...

aye i meant PCI-Express

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

98% of the time you wont need a bios update, and the video cards performance would decrease on a PCIE, but its not by a noticable amount (it varies from 5-15%, depending on the card and game, so i believe), but is more noticeble on games such as Crysis.

Advertisement