Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Jip wrote: »
    You can bet your house if eveyone at Slane were Barbara Streisland fans there'd be a full inquiry, Joe Duffy will be talking about it for days and partial refunds would be offered to all. But as your all young scumbag rock fans you'll get a big GTFO here.

I'd say it's more down to Barbara Streisand fans actually making the effort to complain. If the people moaning on here did the same it would be looked into. Any time I have been to Slane it's always been the same. Massive queues for everything. It's a terrible place for a concert, always has been. They just can't cope with the amount of people and traffic. I can't see that changing as it's been the same ever since I was first there in 1990 or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Jip wrote: »
    You can bet your house if eveyone at Slane were Barbara Streisland fans there'd be a full inquiry, Joe Duffy will be talking about it for days and partial refunds would be offered to all. But as your all young scumbag rock fans you'll get a big GTFO here.

I wondered that too in 2007. Everything went very smoothly after the Stones, and I reckoned a good part of that was down to the fact that there would a be a certain amount of 'adults' there who they'd be foolish to ignore.

Fact is, Streisand tickets were outrageously expensive; that's a huge factor that doesn't apply here.

doesn't mean you shouldn't complain. Seriously. Sitting back, doing nothing and saying 'they'd only tell me to f*ck off' ISN'T a good enough reason not to write.

Sitting back, doing nothing and saying 'they'd only tell me to f*ck off' IS, however, a good enough reason for them to pull this kind of crap again. Only by skimping on a few other things next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

vixenbees wrote: »
    after starting this thread, id just like to mention im also never going back to slane..... had the same issues as everyone. left the gig at 11 and got back to the bus at 12.30... after waiting on a few stragglers we left at 2am and the bus arrived in waterford after 6am.. total joke. I expected delays but not to this extent. been to loads of gigs before and never had such bad issues.

also, my boyfriend was sick inside the gig, hadn't had 1 drink but has been recovering from a stomach bug. anyway, he was close to fainting a few times so decided to go back to the bus around 5pm which was a 5km walk away. no guard or ambulance would drive him cos he wasnt considered priority cos he'd already been seen by a medic.. he physically couldnt walk cos he was so weak. by pure chance a half hour later, one of his mates was working for MCD that day drove past on a golf buggy thing and stopped to see what was up.. he radioed to someone who got him a lift back within 5mins!!! Never seen so many people who couldnt give a crap about him.

including you? would you not have gone back with him if he was that sick?

well i hope everyone here who was unhappy has gotten in touch with MCD otherwise this thread gets a bit pointless. if you're unhappy, complain. properly, not just on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wondered that too in 2007. Everything went very smoothly after the Stones, and I reckoned a good part of that was down to the fact that there would a be a certain amount of 'adults' there who they'd be foolish to ignore.
    Indeed. The Stones gig was very well organised, but as you say they would never have gotten away with making a mess of it.

doesn't mean you shouldn't complain. Seriously. Sitting back, doing nothing and saying 'they'd only tell me to f*ck off' ISN'T a good enough reason not to write.

Sitting back, doing nothing and saying 'they'd only tell me to f*ck off' IS, however, a good enough reason for them to pull this kind of crap again. Only by skimping on a few other things next time.
    Agree 100%

Oxegen was a shambles every year until people started to complain en mass. They soon sorted it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

After the Barbara Streisand fiasco there were 2 official investigations and big uproar in the media. If Oasis were playing same venue and same fiasco occured I'd imagine the media's and most peoples reaction would be 'put up with it'/get over it/it's a rock concert/what do you expect'.

1 rule for 'elders' events and 1 rule for 'younger people'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭squonk

No i don't work for MCD. The buses were in the same place that you got off them. You leave the concert site, walk up to the village and theres a huge sign pointing you towards 'DUBLIN, DROGHEDA or THE NORTH'. I assume you know what direction you came from! I drove down early and parked up for the day. Had no problems getting into the gig because I was there early. Fair enough if you go down through the wood it is a bit of a tight squeeze but when you walk across the bridge you can see where the castle grounds are. Thats the distance you have to walk. Were you really expecting people to be standing every couple of hundred yards to tell you how far away from the gig you were?

I didn't have a problem wit the buses. I came from Drogheda and the service Bus Eireann laid on was brilliant in my experience. My problem is with MCD and the service they didn't lay on.

Saying 'Oh you know how far away the castle is as you're going through the wood' ins't an argument. You try standing ina queue in there for two hours and I can guarantee you you'll quickly lose track of where you are. I wasn't concerned about how far away frm the gig area I was so much as the fact that if some trouble broke out then there was nobody there to manage and control it. That's my point. It was a free for all and it got shambolic and dangerous at the end because the 4 people attempting to check tickets caused a massive hold up. I said ticket checks should have been done out around the bridge. MCD couldn't organise a drink at a brewry which is pretty much obvious from what went on on Saturday. They're a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You let your boyfriend head back on his own?

He obviously wasn't that bad if you felt it ok for him to go back on his own.

His bro was with him, no point in us all going back to the bus. I was just trying to make the point that the help wasn't there to get him the 5km's to the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

squonk wrote: »
    I didn't have a problem wit the buses. I came from Drogheda and the service Bus Eireann laid on was brilliant in my experience. My problem is with MCD and the service they didn't lay on.

Saying 'Oh you know how far away the castle is as you're going through the wood' ins't an argument. You try standing ina queue in there for two hours and I can guarantee you you'll quickly lose track of where you are. I wasn't concerned about how far away frm the gig area I was so much as the fact that if some trouble broke out then there was nobody there to manage and control it. That's my point. It was a free for all and it got shambolic and dangerous at the end because the 4 people attempting to check tickets caused a massive hold up. I said ticket checks should have been done out around the bridge. MCD couldn't organise a drink at a brewry which is pretty much obvious from what went on on Saturday. They're a disgrace.

If you came from Drogheda how were you sent in through the gates by the river? Normally people travelling from Drogheda get into the village and enter through the main gate on the Navan road.

I didn't enter through the wood so have no idea if it was really that bad. If it's a case that it was really dangerous then you should make an official complaint. My issue is with the people who are moaning over the things that they had control over. They didn't have to queue for hours for a drink and they didn't have to leave it till the very last minute to enter the gig.

that i agree with.

I didnt buy drink all day but we lost so many people who headed off to queue for beer and couldnt find us then.. in future we should just go in, stick together and feck the queues. its better to have the craic with your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

If you came from Drogheda how were you sent in through the gates by the river? Normally people travelling from Drogheda get into the village and enter through the main gate on the Navan road.
    Drogheda buses travelled via Donore and onto the N2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

Good god people grow a pair and stop with all the moaning and bi*ching.

Were you honestly expecting to walk onto a bus straight after the concert and be home within the hour? Yes maybe Dublin Bus f***ed up but that had nothing to do with the organisers of the event. YOU chose to buy the bus ticket and take the chance. There was nothing stopping you from organising your own bus with your friends which could leave whenever you wanted to. There was also nothing stopping you from driving down parking for the day and then driving home afterwards was there?

For everyone moaning about the queues to get in, the golden rule of any big event is to get in early. Everyone knows that there is a bit of a walk to the concert site no matter what direction your coming from. I don’t know how many times I heard ‘Leave early and give yourself plenty of time’ on the radio that morning. If you didn’t do it then that’s your fault. To jump on a bus in Dublin at 4 and expect to be in the concert site by 5 is just stupid.

The queues for beer. You paid €80 for a great gig. If you constantly need to have a beer in your hand to enjoy yourself then there’s something wrong with you. There’s nothing wrong with having a drink but if you see that the queue is a mile long and still take your chances going to the bar then you can’t really moan and complain. I saw one poster here who complained that he missed Kasabian and the Prodigy cause he had to queue for and hour and a half during each set to get 2 beers. How stupid are you??? Fair enough you might take your chances the first time but after standing in line for an hour and a half why would you go and do it again?

For all those giving out I think the bottom line in all this is that YOU weren’t prepared for the day. YOU chose to go with Dublin Bus instead hiring your own bus or driving. YOU chose not to get to the event early, those that did had no problems getting in and YOU chose to stand at the beer tent for an hour and a half for two cups of watery piss.

Everyone that was prepared enjoyed a great gig and would gladly do it all again that’s what you pay your money for!

''For everyone moaning about the queues to get in, the golden rule of any big event is to get in early.''

Eh hello, it took 3 hours to get into the venue after disembarking from a Dublin Bus, so don't give me that horsecr+p...I have been to many many outdoor gigs and the Slane debacle on Saturday was by far the worst organised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

In all honesty, we arrived at 14.30, a fair time to arrive at Slane, having attended other sold out concerts such as Chillis, U2 & the Verve.

I agree with other posters, (and from what I recall at other gigs), that the ticket scanning should have happened before entering the forested area, where there is a bottleneck, can feel claustrophobic and disorientating...

I honestly think 3 hours from D-Bus drop-off to entering the arena is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What time did you arrive down at?
    What does it matter? It's flawed logic to say that everybody should get there early because if everybody did you would have all the hassle getting in at 1 instead of 5.

The organisers should now that vast majority of people arrive at around 4 and they should have better laid plans in place to cater for this. They obviously didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Good god people grow a pair and stop with all the moaning and bi*ching.

Were you honestly expecting to walk onto a bus straight after the concert and be home within the hour? Yes maybe Dublin Bus f***ed up but that had nothing to do with the organisers of the event. YOU chose to buy the bus ticket and take the chance. There was nothing stopping you from organising your own bus with your friends which could leave whenever you wanted to. There was also nothing stopping you from driving down parking for the day and then driving home afterwards was there?

If everyone decided to drive down and park instead of taking the concert buses, it would have been mayhem on a scale ten times over. From what I've heard, there was serious stupidity going on in terms of how crowds were managed getting on the buses and in the departure order of the buses. First bus should have been filled, driven off, leaving the second bus free to drive off after it and so on. Instead, it was a free for all with buses leaving in random order and getting stuck behind each other resulting in it taking 2 hours for some buses to travel several hundred yards.
    For all those giving out I think the bottom line in all this is that YOU weren’t prepared for the day. YOU chose to go with Dublin Bus instead hiring your own bus or driving. YOU chose not to get to the event early, those that did had no problems getting in and YOU chose to stand at the beer tent for an hour and a half for two cups of watery piss.

Everyone that was prepared enjoyed a great gig and would gladly do it all again that’s what you pay your money for!

People were prepared by paying good money for the Dublin Bus tickets. How do you think Slane would cope with 80,000 cars descending on it for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

VIP was deffinatly worth the money, first time at Slane and had a ball

Went out of the VIP to watch The Prodigy and lasted 10mins, it was mental there had to of been 2 many people let in

Slept in the car got to Belfast about 12 on Sunday still rough today

All in all a good day had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rawl123

What were ppl expecting really? 80000 ppl had to be transported outta slane so you should have been prepared for the wait. if there wasn't enough dublin buses that was nothing to do with the concert organisers.

I had the best day of my life. went down with 3 mates in a private bus from belfast. we arrived about half 2, got into the concert about 4 after walking a few km. had no problems with gettin tickets checked or being searched. we drank on the bus on the way down so didnt bother drinking when we were in cuz we werent gonna miss the acts for queing. saw kasabian and oasis, my two fav bands. when it was over we made our way back and fair enuf it took a while walking, but what can you expect with so many ppl?

got on our bus about half 12 after getting pizza at the shop and bus left at 1 to get us back for half 3. I'll def be going back to slane if there's a decent line-up, and so many ppl i've been talking to have said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭squonk

VIP was deffinatly worth the money, first time at Slane and had a ball

Went out of the VIP to watch The Prodigy and lasted 10mins, it was mental there had to of been 2 many people let in

Slept in the car got to Belfast about 12 on Sunday still rough today

All in all a good day had

Myself and my friend had that conversation yesterday. I think it'd be an option next time if we knew it was going to be as mental as Saturday, then again, you shouldn't need to go VIP for a gig like that. I won't be in a rush back to Slane however. I'd even travel to Belfast to catch them int he Oddessey if they were there. Far better venue I'm told and even The Point wouldn't be bad at all either. Frankly MCD were just too greedy and careless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I didn't enter through the wood so have no idea if it was really that bad. If it's a case that it was really dangerous then you should make an official complaint. My issue is with the people who are moaning over the things that they had control over. They didn't have to queue for hours for a drink and they didn't have to leave it till the very last minute to enter the gig.

I dont think it is too much to expect that you should be able to get a drink without having to q for an hour. Im not talking about getting tons of drink but having one or two should not be such an ordeal.

Also if everybody had arrived early for the gig surely there would have been t same type of chaos as there was when everybody left after the gig. I really think the atitude of some people here that "Its Slane what do you expect" is rediculous. If you pay the guts of 100 euro for a gig you should'nt have to be treated like a herd of cattle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Attended Queue Fest 09.
    Took an hour for get a beer so didn't bother getting another one. People were hanging out at the top of the queue trying to drink their pints as they could only get two at a time. Needed a bit of security. Lots of people just walking up the 'out queue'.

Found if you took the blue exit for Dublin apposed to the green exit for 'Dublin Only' it was a lot quicker. You didn't have to do the slow trek through the forest. Had some friends go the other way, was home in bed before they got back to Dublin :)

Oasis were great, good set list. Nice to see them play for 2 hours. Last time I seen them in Lansdowne they played for 45 minutes.

Wouldn't go to Slane again unless it was for a reformed Guns N' Roses or something equally as unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

fcuking great day, gargle for breakfast at 8am, got into slane around 12, sat on hill before the bridge till around 4 getting wasted, great craic and vibe around the place,plenty of sunshiiiiiiiiiiiine. Got into the castle around 5 just before kasabian came on, no one checked our tickets and no one searched my bag so I got in with 8 cans of beer and a bottle of captain morgans
    Kasabian rocked the place, great set, Prodigy was pumping, dancing like a lunatic for whole set. Ive seen Oasis in cork,point 3 times and in landsdowne and I have to say Slane was the best outta the lot of them, they were on top form, brilliant set with Live Forever, The Masterplan and Half The World Away the highlights for me,was tears in my eyes at some stage it was that emotional. The walk back to our coach was a cnut but I had couple cans stashed there so that kept us going, it took our coach 2hrs to get outta slane and didnt get home till 5.30 but by jaysus it was worth it, top day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mark2007

i realise this is a forum form people to either write good or bad things but simple spend your time writing emails to dublin buses and mcd asking for immediate refund for the severe lack of any organisation. the drugs and drunks are part of concerts even queing but to be honest the rest of the shambles that is slane castle was terrible and there should be plenty of people joining a new que for a refund, 80 euros for most of the day spent waiting. missed kasabian and most of prodigy! waste of a day! i agree with most people on here something should be done about this shambles so start hammering the dublin bus company and MCD and slane castle website with complaints keep them busy and get some money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

Had an absolutly brill day. Got a taxi from Navan and got dropped off less than 500m from main gates. Drank some cans before we headed in at 2.30pm. Got to see The Blizzards who were great n also Kasabian. I didnt know any of Glas Vages songs tho.

Queued for 40mins for a drink, didnt mind that too much. Left at 10.30, got a lift from a friend parked up a country road 10mins away and straight to the pub for 10:50. Happy days.

I feel sorry for everyone who had a bad experience, in future if you can help it DONT come from N2 entrance, come from Navan, so much quicker n easier...not half as many people either.

Just left feedback on the MCD website in the 'Contact' section - anyone know where or who this goes to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

dymondz wrote: »
    Had an absolutly brill day. Got a taxi from Navan and got dropped off less than 500m from main gates. Drank some cans before we headed in at 2.30pm. Got to see The Blizzards who were great n also Kasabian. I didnt know any of Glas Vages songs tho.

Queued for 40mins for a drink, didnt mind that too much. Left at 10.30, got a lift from a friend parked up a country road 10mins away and straight to the pub for 10:50. Happy days.

I feel sorry for everyone who had a bad experience, in future if you can help it DONT come from N2 entrance, come from Navan, so much quicker n easier...not half as many people either.

Not really an option for the people who took the public transport as advised to do by the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I cant wait to see what people have to say about Oxegen!!!! That should make for some great reading!

I was at Oxegen last year and I thought it was really well organised. There were no big long queues for drinks, and transport was punctual.

We did get Bus Eireann though, maybe it was a different story for Dublin Bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

It was a nightmare with the walking, bar and toilet queue but savage gig the prodigy pulled it out of the bag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXqMAwAEpI

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

People paid for a service, if they and the majority of posts on here, seen to be unhappy with that service, they have every right to complain here. (I do urge everyone with a complaint to take 10minutes and make it to the appropriate place)

A big +1 to that.

However I do concur with Wile.E.Coyote in respect of peoples expectations in relation to attending such an event in a small town such as Slane.

I did one trip to Slane in the early afternoon and even at 14.30 things were going seriously awry in terms of crowd control and stewarding.

I have worked on Slane Gigs for 15 years and without doubt the single most Important issue is CO-OPERATION between the Agencies.

The major Agencies in-this-case are NOT MCD or Henry Mountcharles,whose remit and responsibilities end at Slane`s boundary wall,but the Gardai and the Major Transport Providers INCLUDING the great swathe of Private Coach and Bus operators travelling from far flung corners of Ireland.

The essential thrust should ALWAYS be to maintain a Flow of vehicles,however slow,to the closest point which can be safely accessed by a Fully Laden Double Deck Bus....(Somebody`s driveway will not suffice).

This entails having a secure and spacious TURNING AREA marked out and fully marshalled in Slane,with immediate and fast disembarkation of large numbers possible.

With each and every Slane event,this simple and necessary element becomes further from actuality.
    This lack of definite pre-planned Drop-Off then leads to the bunching of buses which was a feature of Public Transport access ALL -DAY on Saturday.

Once the Buses stopped to allow the Piss-Takers off that in turn led to further delay and the knock-on,knock- back effect took hold.
    The first major delay leading to a tailback then saw Busdrivers pressurized into allowing passengers to disembark and start walking to Slane.

Many of the young punters on My bus were Slane newbies,and the Village might as well have been in Afghanistan,for all the local knowledge they possessed,but they were adamant that they would get off and walk,cos they were pisxed off sittin.....I`m not a jailer,and my attempts to reason or explain were lost in a haze of Bulmers n`Belch.

I was most reluctant to allow anybody off to start walking as this of itself immediately caused major problems for the buses following behind who had a rapidly increasing amount of "Tired and Emotional" pedestrians to avoid killing as they attempted to get to the Drop-Off point.

The issue of Buses and Coaches Parking-Up allong the N2 really needs to be addressed ASAP and in advance of any more events here,as it completely frustrates the safe operation of any Public Transport Plan which relies on using two-way traffic on the N2.

The only way it can be tolerated is if the N2 is made One-Way and ALL returning Buses are directed to a DEDICATED alternative route back to Dublin to reload and return.

Equally,at the end-of-event the N2 should be One-Way OUT of Slane and returning Buses utilize the same alternative in reverse to reload.

ALL of this is ABC stuff and hardly rocket science BUT it underlines a far greater deficiency in our native physche.
    We,as a culture,simply will NOT have anything to do with the imposition of a plan,scheme,or rule which is devised in the common good....NO WAY !

Slane 2009 was so very close to becoming a major Public Order incident with so much opportunity for disaster it was scary....and that was at 14.30 in the afternoon !! :eek:

Some elements of the Bus Operation need serious revision,starting with the need for continious movement and guaranteed access/exit from the Site.
    Posters who speak of using fields to park-up Buses need to get that idea out of their heads as it is simply NOT POSSIBLE to use an ordinary field to park hundreds of 12 tonne buses/coaches.
    (UNLESS...One seeks assistance from the Military in terms of support and flotation beams used for AFV operations in similar terrain.- I understand such equipment IS available for rent in the UK,but hey...more cost-less gross profit).

There are also some Public Transport/Public Order Policing issues which are specific to Slane 2009 and which were NOT in place in previous years.

1.Dublin Bus operations were constrained by the recent implimentation of the EU Working Time Directive.

This piece of Administrative Fluff (AKA The 48Hour Week) ensured that the Supervisors on the day had even more restriction imposed upon their ability to deploy and utilize Staff.

In many cases Drivers did not have enough available working hours to make themselves available to work Slane in the first instance.
    Subsequently those that did,found themselves running out of working hours before even completing a single round-trip.

This led to drivers,although willing and able to work on,being unable to do so,and the company being unable to ask them.

There are knock on effects also as a requirement for a minimum 10 hour rest period (Seemingly set-in-stone) would result in many ORDINARY Bus services being unable to operate on the following day (Sunday) a their drivers would not have enough (theoretical) rest hours to allow LEGAL working.

There is little doubt but that part of any multi-agency pre-planning for an event such as Slane should entail a suspension of such theoretical administrative frippery IN THE INTERESTS OF PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY.

This can be easily addressed by way of specific Ministerial Dispensation but I would be surprised if any Senior Planner or Civil Servant even considered such a notion so Minister Noel Dempsey was left undisturbed in his Royal County slumber whilst the exhausted peasantry lay about in the ditches of his constituency :(

2. There were also some issues with the availability and deployment of sufficient Garda resources,at a sufficiently early point.

It was immediately noticeable to me that there were FAR less Gardai deployed in the lead up to the perimeter.

This early deployment can be VERY important in maintaining the flow of vehicles so much an essential element of making the thing WORK.

It needs to be remembered that this type of event is like a Swiss Watch (In transport Terms).
    It depends ABSOLUTELY upon getting the flow established and maintained,with NOTHING allowed to restrict it.
    Slane 2009 was a crystal clear Masterclass in how NOT to Police such an event.

One of the obvious aspects is that the resources of the Garda Traffic Divisions need to be fully deployed at an early stage.
    These Officers are totally focused upon Traffic Issues and generally know-their-stuff,to a degree not generally present in an "Ordinary" beat Garda (No offence Gard,but it`s down to the specific Training and experience of the Traffic Corps).

This year,as in other years there were also the problems of Communication between individual Gardai,perhaps from different divisions.
    There needs to be ONE Chief and ALL decisions need to be made by or through that Chief,who needs to be centrally located close to the epicentre.
    (I would suggest that the Traffic situation is sufficently important to merit a dedicated Chief,who is resourced independently of the "General" policing situation).

The general level of dissatisfaction with Bus Atha Cliath`s operation this year is disappointing for me to see,but sadly it reflects just where the company is now after the recent "survival plan" drama.

From my vantage point,Bus Atha Cliath has a huge resource which it needs to repackage and remarket to both MCD,Mountcharles,Meath County Council and the Gardai.
    That resource is the ability to move large numbers of people rapidly IN and OUT of the venue in safety.

However,the company cannot even think of continuing with it`s current Slane "Plan" in the light of the 2009 gig.

The conflict between Buses and Incapicated Pedestrians along dark unfamiliar roads is unsustainable full-stop !

It represents a Risk Factor way beyond what a court of law would deem acceptable for a proffessional operator.

ALL that is required is a fully agreed PLAN,with somebody In-Charge and no deviations permitted from whatever is agreed...however this is Éire so I`m not holding my breath !!! :cool:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Really 80,000 people were at the concert? Is this official figure or just a guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭woodzyx

TripleAce wrote: »
    Really 80,000 people were at the concert? Is this official figure or just a guess?

It's the official figure but seeing as tickets weren't even being checked, we can probably say that there was up to 100,000 there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

The only way to go home to Dublin was out the kells direction then head for the m50. I made it back that way in little over 1hr30mins. They should send some of the dublin buses that way too to avoid overcrowding on the n2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement