Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mspacman

as i said their was a 100,000 at it did you hear of anyone getting badly injured . going ta oxegen in 2 weeks and it,ll b the same crap on the monday after all on ta joe duffy .

I heard a couple of people broke their nails. ;)

Haha yeah - it actually infuriates me now to listen to Joe Duffy after a gig. After Oxegen it'll be all "Oh my God there was mud there and it ruined my new wellies and i'm traumatised after it all" or f*ckin moaning about the campsites, or having to walk from the car park to the campsite, cos God forbid we should have to walk anywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

Is that you, Liam!!??? All that people want, is for the event to be run as safely as possible. Not to be fearful that they may get injured at an event that they are trying to enjoy!!!!
    as i said their were 100,000 their did ya hear of any1 getting badly injured . going ta oxegen in 2 weeks and will have ta listen ta same crap on joe duffy the monday after

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mspacman wrote: »
    And for the record, all this about the Dublin exits being the problem, I entered and left by the Dublin gate and had no problems. The only real problem I had, was people walking snails pace out through the village. They're probably the moany ones. Tip for you all, the slower you walk, the longer it takes to get home!!!!!!!!
    You didn't leave by the forest exit though.

I heard a couple of people broke their nails. ;)

Haha yeah - it actually infuriates me now to listen to Joe Duffy after a gig. After Oxegen it'll be all "Oh my God there was mud there and it ruined my new wellies and i'm traumatised after it all" or f*ckin moaning about the campsites, or having to walk from the car park to the campsite, cos God forbid we should have to walk anywhere!!
    telling ya man they wreck me head . oh the people nxt door in my tent wouldn stop talkin and when i went ta complain ta m.c.d the bus was gone .. shower of ass holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Cant believe the stuff Im reading to be honest, We left after the last song when the announcer came on.. bit slow getting out but we were back to the car at 11.15? not a problem at all. Getting back to Dublin was no problem either. In bed for 1.30.

Its such a shame all this happend really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

telling ya man they wreck me head . oh the people nxt door in my tent wouldn stop talkin and when i went ta complain ta m.c.d the bus was gone .. shower of ass holes

Oh. My. God. Is this the calibre of "fan" that Oasis have!?:rolleyes:

ta who ever posted the picture their was 3 entries for 80,000 lad

Oh. My. God. Is this the calibre of "fan" that Oasis have!?:rolleyes:
    it the truth the majority of people interviwed in papers or people i know taught it was class then a load of whingers get on ta joe duffy and turn it into a disaster

ta who ever posted the picture their was 3 entries for 80,000 lad

By all accounts, there was a LOT more than 80,000 there.

probably was i just couldn see a problem getting in or out of it .sorry lad

• Advertisement

it the truth the majority of people interviwed in papers or people i know taught it was class then a load of whingers get on ta joe duffy and turn it into a disaster

True true. They have to suck the fun out of everything. We left quickly, now we did have to walk a fair distance to get to our taxi, but that's to be expected. There was a traffic jam for miles outside the village and obviously you have to keep walking until you see your bus/taxi whatever. People were walking soooo slow outside the village, we just sped up and walked quickly out of the place. Ya can't be f*ckin dilly dallying along and then moaning that you didn't get home till 4 in the morning!!!!

By all accounts, there was a LOT more than 80,000 there.

Definitely were a lot more than 80,000 there, I'd say it was tipping 100,000....I'd say it was the biggest gig Oasis have ever played!

True true. They have to suck the fun out of everything. We left quickly, now we did have to walk a fair distance to get to our taxi, but that's to be expected. There was a traffic jam for miles outside the village and obviously you have to keep walking until you see your bus/taxi whatever. People were walking soooo slow outside the village, we just sped up and walked quickly out of the place. Ya can't be f*ckin dilly dallying along and then moaning that you didn't get home till 4 in the morning!!!!
    we left by navan and had ta walk 7k ta our taxi. but were still home by 1 .15

probably was i just couldn see a problem getting in or out of it .sorry lad

You definetly think you're one of the Gallagher's, don't ya??? :rolleyes:

we left by navan and had ta walk 7k ta our taxi. but were still home by 1 .15

Yeah i'd say we walked the guts of 6/7kms and we home by 2.15, but were delayed getting home, cos our taxi driver took back roads and got lost haha :D Better start moaning about the taxi driver now!!!! ;)

*definitely*

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dominicscullion

If you had posted the full comment on that I think you'll find that the the fans they were talking about were the 17,000 that turned up at Parnell Sq that day who hadn't bothered booking their tickets before hand.

It works both ways. You let them know that your going and they can have it properly organised. You can't seriously expect them to accomodate an extra 17,000 with no hassle.

If Dublin Bus did not expect such a large number of people to turn up for bus tickets, then how come they didnt run out of Bus tickets?? I bought two from Parnell Sq and its not like they were printed out there and then as they were paid for. Of course they new, surely this isnt the first year were the tickets could have been booked before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

dont think so , was it knebworth or loch lomond had 125000 each night back in 1996 , quarter of a million people in 2 nights ....

cork*girl wrote: »
    Cant believe the stuff Im reading to be honest, We left after the last song when the announcer came on.. bit slow getting out but we were back to the car at 11.15? not a problem at all. Getting back to Dublin was no problem either. In bed for 1.30.

Its such a shame all this happend really
    is a shame cause it was ****ing brilliant day . well at least the majority taught so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Deise-Girl..xx

Without a doubt one of the best gigs i have ever been to. Oasis were amazing still cant believe how good they were. Overheard someone saying that it was like listening to their cd they were that good.

I understand everyones complaints but cmon people the two hour walk was well worth it in the end. What a day!

• Advertisement

daftdave wrote: »
    dont think so , was it knebworth or loch lomond had 125000 each night back in 1996 , quarter of a million people in 2 nights ....

Oh yes, Knebworth haha that was about 120,000 or more!! But Slane must have been up there with their biggest.

definetley ,maybe

Without a doubt one of the best gigs i have ever been to. Oasis were amazing still cant believe how good they were. Overheard someone saying that it was like listening to their cd they were that good.

I understand everyones complaints but cmon people the two hour walk was well worth it in the end. What a day!
    your dead right best gig of year.. taught oxegen was class last year but nearly topped it in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

*definitely*
    maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

we camped in the field and where sitting down havin a can at 11 after the gig and it was great walked for about 2 min after the gig. if i was going again i would defo camp some much easyer 10 euro to camp for friday and sat nite. best gig ever

Uh-oh there's a lot of glass half-full optimistic posts going on here, I've a feeling when the mitherer's get back on here later on they're not going to be happy campers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

jkelly85 wrote: »
    we camped in the field and where sitting down havin a can at 11 after the gig and it was great walked for about 2 min after the gig. if i was going again i would defo camp some much easyer 10 euro to camp for friday and sat nite. best gig ever

Was that in one of the car parks on the Navan exit. I was thinking of taking then tent in case and when I saw the amount of campers I was sorry i didnt take it. Was there any problems or did you just chance your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Glad you all had a good time but jaysus could you at least ignore the people that had problems instead of "Oh your no real concert goer" "Bunch of moaners" I complained as well, am I a real concert goer? No I have been to 2 in my life that was my first open air and I expected drug taking, heavy drinking, scumbags etc. But what I didn't excpect was to be pushed around and have to listen to really bad sound (Unless you were in the 1st few rows) I now a girl that paid her 80 quid for a ticket and had a football kicked at her by a scumbag on the way in and she missed the gig as she is still in Navan hospital with a broken ankle. Does she have the right to be angry or should she just accept it cause its a "gig"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Sham!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Uh-oh there's a lot of glass half-full optimistic posts going on here, I've a feeling when the mitherer's get back on here later on they're not going to be happy campers. ;)

I had a fantabulous time, taxi down from Dublin between 6 of us. Taxi man was an absolute gent, let us sup a few tins on the way down so we didn't go near a bar for the duration of the gig.

10 minutes after the fireworks ended I was in my mates car on the way to his local where we drank a few pints and strolled back to his house with bottles of Jameson and Smirnoff that cost the princely sum of €20. Stayed in his house and got up the next morning to fresh brown bread and strawberry jam.

Sublime weekend. Oh, and I got the tickets for free.

/runs away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement