Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Eh, of course.

In this case a caller stated as fact that MCD oversold the concert without any proof. That makes it right AND fair.

Thats for a court to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

One of the security companies used for Slane are called Sword Security (I think they do a lot of work for big MCD events). My brother worked for them for Oxegen 2007 (and a couple of other events) and he wasn't given any training before going on the job.

It sounds like a lot of the security/staff stewards were not trained properly. Some of them sounded like real thugs. I think that's where a lot of the problems might lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

MCD find it hard to admit that they are not actually very good at what they do.
    Al they do is threaten legal action to shut everyone up. They are like a bully in a playground, they need some decent competition to force them to actually care a bit about the ticket buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

squonk wrote: »
    Never been to Glastonbury but it looks like the next step up completely! I've always had the impression that it's held in a very large estate int he countryside with lots of flat land and good ponts for access, practicallyt he opposite of Slane. I've always seen it as more like Oxegen actually.

Not really its the countryside, about 3 miles from Shepton mallett (pop. 9000)
    They have more space for cars thats all. Imagine Oxegen about 10 times the size, not an exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ronoc wrote: »
    Thats for a court to decide.
    RTEs silence and withdrawal of the comment says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

It's an irrelevant point as it can never be proven how many people were on site, it'll always only be hearsay and as this is such an emotive issue it's better to stick to facts.

I know of a few of people who had tickets but didn't attend or didn't sell their tickets, I'm sure there are others who bought tickets but didn't attend and of course I'm sure there are some people who attended but didn't buy tickets.

right - but you're tacitly agreeing that nobody knows how many went onto the area licensed and in fairness, in the absense of cold hard numbers, nobody can prove that it wasn't 'over' capacity. Switching off the scanners was done, i believe, for the soundest of crowd management reasons. I'm not having a beef with them about that at all at all.

However, it's a bit rich to say to anybody 'you can't prove there was more than 80,000 there and we'll sue you if you say so' when at the same time you're claiming that, by switching off the scanners in the first place, that the dog ate your homework and you can't furnish numbers yourself.

d'you see what im' getting at. There's a double standard there.

either way - tomayto tomahto. FWIW I think RTE should have called their bluff actually; if the people meant to keep track of the numbers going in didn't do so, for whatever reason, then can they really expect to be taken seriously when they sue somebody else over, um, inaccurate data that they can't themselves refute?

then can they really expect to be taken seriously when they sue somebody else over, um, inaccurate data that they can't themselves refute?
    Of course they can refute the Liveline allegation - AGS in Navan were supplied with the barcodes of the first and last tickets sold (the allegation being the concert was oversold) to comply with the planning permission.

Anyhow I think all this is going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Of course they can refute the Liveline allegation - AGS in Navan were supplied with the barcodes of the first and last tickets sold (the allegation being the concert was oversold) to comply with the planning permission.

Anyhow I think all this is going off topic.

fair dinkum, and yeah - we might be veering off...

normal programming restored. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

excellent joe duffy, one of the most useful folks to walk this isle since st patrick, he pops the 'retraction' or clarification about MCD's decision to o v e r s e l l this gig into the last 2 minutes of his show, and takes a caller just after it to be able to say we made the clarification before we finished taking caller m'lord, joe has a law degree,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They didnt discuss it on Joe Duffy today as planned. Jow said at end of show that Arthur Cox solicitors had sent in long letter to them threatening legal action blah blah blah.

The Arthur Cox big band...now there`s an act to queue up for :D

However this latest development does ratchet the thing up a bit...although the old saying about the Law being the last refuge of the scoundrel does spring to my mind :)

Equally interesting is was the statement earlier today from the Gardai as reported in the Irish Independent

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/entertainment/gardai-examining-complaints-about-slane-gig-1788537.html

Now I`m open to stern correction here but I would have expected the Garda Authorities to have been FULLY aware of events as they occurred ?
    Were not the same Garda Authorities one of the main players in the entire Event Planning Process from the outset......?

This is starting to resemble a very hasty circling of the wagons and indicates to me a certain level of panic on the part of SOME elements of the "usual suspects".

At the rate this is developing we can expect the Garda Ombudsman to send a team of investigators up the N2 before long.

I for one,am happy at the hoo-ha and it could not be more urgently required as it`s the ONLY way that light will fall on the goings on of the REAL organizers rather than the poor oul footsoldiers such as Busdrivers,Stewards,Bar Staff and individual Gardai left to flounder leaderless in the mire ! :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

pipandtink wrote: »
    HAHA! Owned!:D

Absolutely that's me but I post here in a private capacity. I have, however, worked for another company that provides services to the event industry both music and non-music. So if you don't mind that puts me in a good position to comment. To be frank, some of the allegations make here are absolutley beyond ridicule. Though as they say, keep saying it and you'll believe it.

To believe that that the venue was oversold requires a large stretch of the imagination. I think any reasonable person would factor in a few hundred fence hoppers and so on.

We would require the capacity to be increased by 1,000's for it to become dangerous and breach the legal capacity. So either thousands of extra tickets were sold legitimately through Ticketmaster or thousands of people arrived in Slane on the off chance that they might get in or thousands of people with forged tickets arrived just at the time when the ticket scanners were switched off. Even without ticket scanners it is possible reasonably calculate the footfall through each of the entrances. These would all be monitored by CCTV in a control room that includes staff from all the powers that be.

In regard to the claims that there was overcrowding at the main entrance. My understanding is that this was dissipated by suspending ticket checks to relieve the bottleneck. This seems to have been the sensible thing to do and no doubt would have been in the crowd control plan. The fact of the matter is that while people may have been temporaily inconvenienced and uncomfortable people passed through the entrances safely and without injury.

I'm probably showing my age but I went to my first Slane in 1986 (Queen, The Bangles, Chris Rea and The Fountainhead). Back then, I understand that the capacity was 120,000 and 95,000 attended (they didn't need planning back then), the toilets were trenches dug in the ground surrounded by sheets of 8x4 and I can't remember what the bar facilities were like (think it was largely BYO) though Harp were the sponsor. I recall that that the main entrance was rammed all the way out and accross the bridge and up the N2. Everybody seemed to be able to get to where they were going without much fuss. I don't think that the Dublin Buses in use at the time had the range to get to Slane so I don't recall a bus service being in place. According to some Internet trivia "The band (Queen) stopped playing after 'Seven Seas Of Rhye' due to a fight among people in the audience. Brian was also later hit by a beer can and almost refused to play the encore. He later said this was probably his worst concert experience." Somethings obviously haven't changed then. I don't think Joe Duffy was on the air back then but everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. £14.50 was the ticket price. You bought them in record stores back then.

Actually if you want a laugh check out this YouTube footage from the gig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exKv2D96F3o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

So can we expect Slane next year. Surely not after all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mspacman

you can get about 160,000 into glastonbury, similar sort of location, they dont have this kinda hassle. food/drink/staff/transport aint a problem.

Didnt go, wont ever go to Slane again.

12 hours for a couple of bands. Not worth it.

Incorrect. I have a bunch of friends on their way to Glasto right as we speak, and they've been stuck in traffic for 4 hours, 20 miles from the event!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mulveyd

MCD getting bashed on Liveline again today. Security men saying no briefing and information on transport given to them. Tune in at 2pm to hear more.

Briefing of all staff on the ground on the day is the most basic principle of event management, doesn't matter if it's a cake sale or the Volvo Ocean Race you're running. If staff are saying they weren't briefed then this is a perfect example of how it all began to fall apart on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

1,250 posts. I think we can all agree that, whether you personally had a good experience or a nightmare one, there was a serious problem on Saturday.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm sure that the gripes will be taken on board very seriously. MCD will make the usual threats of legal action and make themselves looks like the incompetent bunch of idiots that they are. Although I'm quite sure Dublin Bus will have learnt from this. Lord Mountcharles will, I'm quite sure, ensure that this kind of public outrage never threatens his livelihood again. I'm hoping that the Gardaí learn from this.

Suffice to say, we've never seen a Slane like this before and I'd be amazed if we ever saw such a dangerous shambles again. Lesson learned? I reckon so. Time will tell I suppose. If anyone dies at Slane in future due to abysmal organisation, the organisers will be in deep, deep, deep legal trouble. "Remember Oasis?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mulveyd

eior wrote: »
    Up from Cork, stayed in Balbriggan... Looked at a map before we set off...Took the R150 via Duleek from Balbriggan... less than half hour to Car Park..... got Taxi €2 from Car Park to Bridge.... Walked in...this must have been 2 o' clock....was there for the whole gig... left just before the fireworks... 3 1/4 hour walk back to Car Park.... and less than half hour drive via the R150 again back to Balbriggan....back for 12...So if the side roads were put in use and take some of the traffic off the N2 and the Motorway I don't think there would be so much of a problem with getting there and back with traffic... Also the way the busses were organised was a disgrace... or should I say not organised... it was unreal... felt sorry for those travelling on them and the distance they had to walk to get to them.... we were going to... so glad we had the car... Also the carry on and attitude of a few louts was uncalled for... but other than that great experiance.... but don't know if I would go again...

Absolutely agreed on the question of back roads, the route to Drogheda via Donore was excellent, took about 20 mins and the buses leave from just on the southern side of the bridge in Slane so not far to walk either - I'd add to your suggestion, a Park & Ride facility in Drogheda for people travelling from Dublin or the North on the M1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

I wish anyone who was not in attendence on Saturday, or did not attend (other than the VIP area) would please, for the love of god, stop preaching to the rest of us, like we should suck it up and move on! How dare ye!

I've been to so many gigs and events (all genres, all different capacities/set-ups/venues/countries) over the years, I've lost count. I have never EVER complained once about poor organisation, fighting within crowds, filth in fields, long walks, general queueing etc I muck in and get on with it and I had never been disappointed.....until Slane 2009!

I do not expect to float in on a red carpet and have some-one take my coat and bring me an ice-cold drink before giving me an indian head massage!!! :rolleyes: I know what to expect, it's not much, but I sure as hell expect it!!! The promoters are raking in the money from these types of events....the least I can expect is to get in there safely and swiftly (as swiftly as is possible depending on the set-up/venue) without fearing for my safety and/or my life for 2 long hours in a dark narrow muddy path through a forest, surrounded by like-minded people who, like myself are increasingly becoming more and more frustrated and p*ssed off with every litte baby step or every cheeky f*cker trying to skip the queue, pushing and shoving whilst in the process. (you cannot generalise and blame the whole crowd that went to Slane 2009 for these cheeky f*ckers, there'll be cheeky f*ckers everywhere and generally, they are "dealt with" by members of staff) I can also, and do also expect there to be ample secuirty/stewards on the way in, on the way out and inside the venue (who are equipped with knowledge to pass on to me if needed) and I can also, and do also expect many a well equipped and well stocked and well staffed bar with ample security/stewards managing the queues.

Sadly, none of my little expectations were met at Slane 2009. Yes, they may have let us in without scanning our tickets for our own safety (fair play to them - always putting their punters safety first :rolleyes: ) but where were the stewards controlling HOW MAN PEOPLE ACTUALLY entered that narrow forest pathway at any given time?!?! The whole problem would have been avoided by 5 or 6 (or 10...hell, I don't know, I don't organise these things) staff at the start of the trek and a few barriers for crowd control, in order to stagger how many people went in every 30 seconds or so.....none of which happened. MCD MUST have employed less staff this year, than other years? I'd love to see comparisons on amounts employed on the day this year as opposed to previous years etc. I was in that forest for 2 long hours, my feet are cut to bits from people walking all over them and one cut is now infected - probably cut by a p*ss-covered shoe or something worse! :( Ok, so nobody was seriously injured or killed, luckily, but thousands and thousands of punters were sorely and horribly disappointed, frustrated and upset! I, for one, and my friends, were on edge all day after the walk in.....we didn't know what to expect next! We were not happy and could not relax after it! Surely, this is wrong?

And from evidence in a post above, even when they were actually scanning tickets, they HAD to let people with forged tickets though because it was too dangerous to send them back the way they came? :eek: That's an absolute outrage - they hadn't planned what to do with people caught with forged tickets either, after them harping on in the media for weeks about people being wary of forged tickets etc?! Absolutely shocking!! That just proves there were OBVIOUSLY people in there who didn't have "legitimate" tickets...How many? We'll never know, but unless you were there, please don't try and tell us all we were seeing things, or that we are complete moany-holes, because I'm not a moany-hole....I usually muck in and get on with it, I'm looking forward to oxegen rain, hail or shine (I'm slightly scared I may be too old for it, last time I went was Witness 2002, but I'm as old as the man I feel I suppose ;) Plenty of young fellas there for me this year I'd imagine):p

All in all, I had a HORRIBLE day last Saturday and it could have been so soooo much better if it wasn't for the shambles the organisers made of the day for most of us!

I was there, I saw with my own eyes! There were a hell of alot more than the stated capacity in that place! I cannot prove that, but how can anyone prove me wrong??? Oh, and I was sober all day, as were all my friends and truckloads of others, sure, the loo's were never even busy all day (only positive, bar Prodigy sounding good, from a distance, and Oasis being brill) because no-one could even get a bloody drink!! Grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

NickNolte wrote: »
    1,250 posts. I think we can all agree that, whether you personally had a good experience or a nightmare one, there was a serious problem on Saturday.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm sure that the gripes will be taken on board very seriously. MCD will make the usual threats of legal action and make themselves looks like the incompetent bunch of idiots that they are. Although I'm quite sure Dublin Bus will have learnt from this. Lord Mountcharles will, I'm quite sure, ensure that this kind of public outrage never threatens his livelihood again. I'm hoping that the Gardaí learn from this.

Suffice to say, we've never seen a Slane like this before and I'd be amazed if we ever saw such a dangerous shambles again. Lesson learned? I reckon so. Time will tell I suppose. If anyone dies at Slane in future due to abysmal organisation, the organisers will be in deep, deep, deep legal trouble. "Remember Oasis?"

Remember Oasis ... you should read out loud what you posted.

How can you reach that conclusion??? Of the 1250 posts are made by approximately 420 people ,not all agree with your "conclusion". I am sure that the promoter will read and take on board everybodies comments good or bad. The fact of the matter is that people who enjoy themselves don't come on here to say that they had a good time (though a few have). The FACTS of the matter is that 80,000 came and went home safely though it seems some later than others. This would be expected when you play host to 80,000 at a crossroads in the countryside. Therefore the only conclusion one can draw that it the organisation worked with the exception, it seems, of the main transport provider (which seems to be the major gripe). Having said, of the 17,000 that travelled by bus the majority of these would have arrived home in a reasonable. So no matter what way you look at it the numbers don't stack up. You are giving that the majority of the 80,000 people at the event have a problem. Clearly the facts don't support this!!

So, that's 420 out of 80,000 who have commented either way. Some of whom weren't even there! Nobody came close to dying, there seemed to no more injuries then would be expected at an event this size, can't find any info on arrests ... So it seems that the only problems was bar queues, what seems like problems with the public transport and less than 420 people who are making grossly exagererated claims and conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

What a patronising uppity post!
    What's your answer to those of us who said they enjoyed the gig itself, but were very disappointed with the organisation or lack of same? It seems to me you've excluded us from your thesis....how convenient....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

BrianD wrote: »

How can you reach that conclusion??? Of the 1250 posts are made by approximately 420 people ,not all agree with your "conclusion". I am sure that the promoter will read and take on board everybodies comments good or bad. The fact of the matter is that people who enjoy themselves don't come on here to say that they had a good time (though a few have). The FACTS of the matter is that 80,000 came and went home safely though it seems some later than others. This would be expected when you play host to 80,000 at a crossroads in the countryside. Therefore the only conclusion one can draw that it the organisation worked with the exception, it seems, of the main transport provider (which seems to be the major gripe). Having said, of the 17,000 that travelled by bus the majority of these would have arrived home in a reasonable. So no matter what way you look at it the numbers don't stack up. You are giving that the majority of the 80,000 people at the event have a problem. Clearly the facts don't support this!!

So, that's 420 out of 80,000 who have commented either way. Some of whom weren't even there! Nobody came close to dying, there seemed to no more injuries then would be expected at an event this size, can't find any info on arrests ... So it seems that the only problems was bar queues, what seems like problems with the public transport and less than 420 people who are making grossly exagererated claims and conspiracy theories.

Lools like MCD are here again tonight??

• Advertisement

BrianD wrote: »

You're obviously totally detached from "the real people" who attended on Saturday. Of course they won't all come on here to complain about or praise the organisers. I've spoken to approx 50 people since the weekend (all in person, friends from different walks of life, colleagues, and people I barely know on trains, buses, in shops etc) who attended and I would say, fairly, that 35-40 out of the 50 were sorely disappointed, angry and regretted going at all (granted all of them agreed the acts that they managed to see all performed briliantly, but most said they'd have rathered watch it on the TV at home) They mostly felt let-down by the overall organisaition of the event. Only about 20 of these 50 travelled on Dublin Bus or even came in from the Dublin side so it is definitely not all Dublin Bus's fault. I don't know what connections you have or who you are but it seems to me, like you're trying to pass the buck and point the finger at Dublin bus for the entire shambles that was Slane 2009!

Another point, most non-drinkers enjoyed the event far more than us scumbags who like to have a few drinks at a gig/event, :eek: the shame!!! Was that Bus Drivers I saw pulling pints?!? Thought not.......nor was it a Dublin Bus herding us dangerously through the forest!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

From what I've read on here it seems to me that the only thing that has changed in 20 years of Gigs at Slane is the punters expectations.

The Buses and bars were a sham at REM in 1995 and they sound fairly disastrous for Oasis in 2009. Its possible to organise a successful event at SLane Castle, there were no complaints after the RCHP or U2 in previous years.

It must be noted that there was clearly a failure in crowd control, not only did people fear for their own safety whislt queuing to get in but the organisers were so concerned that they had to take action by stopping the scanning.

If half of what is on this thread and on Joe Duffy is true then I imagine it was a highly traumatic day for the organisers who may well have felt there was a near disaster on their on their hands. I'm hardly surprised that they have retreated into their shell declaring the event a stunning success (a mate of mine went in from the Navan side and whilst he didn't experience any of the problems others had he said the gig itself was disappointing) I would also expect them to improve next year simply because it obviously didn't work this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

how can people 'claim' it was over capasity...

"with my own eyes" or " look at photos" are fairly poor, maybe busy in some areas... jasus...people wonder why mcd thret legal acion when fools accuse them of all sorts of devilry

< goes back outside for fresh air to cool of

....sporting a dashing mcd hi vis>

"with my own eyes" or " look at photos" are fairly poor, maybe busy in some areas... jasus...people wonder why mcd thret legal acion when fools accuse them of all sorts of devilry

< goes back outside for fresh air to cool of

....sporting a dashing mcd hi vis>

:)

Personally, I think the claim that MCD sold more tickets than they let on is absolute ludicrous!!! As much as they messed up Slane 2009 and as big a Shambles as it was, I really trust that MCD wouldn't b that blatently greedy and stupid!

But the place was overcrowded, and uncomfortaby so, whether that means the venue isn't big enough for the capacity, that the punters have put on a few lbs, or whether it means there were extra folk in there, I just don't know! There had to have been ticketless people and /or people equipped with forged tickets in the venue, and lots of them!

Years ago my friends bf and his Dad used to do security/steward jobs at these big events and I never remember buying a ticket when the were working, we'd always get in free..it was par for the course.....that was just ONE (or two) staff members letting hoardes of us in for nothing.....I wonder is that practice still ongoing...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Shabbah wrote: »
    :)

Years ago my friends bf and his Dad used to do security/steward jobs at these big events and I never remember buying a ticket when the were working, we'd always get in free..it was par for the course.....that was just ONE (or two) staff members letting hoardes of us in for nothing.....I wonder is that practice still ongoing...

i know for fact it is....barely... theres ways of getting folk in for free...buts its limited to 1 or 2 per hundred MAX... and if ya do it more than a few times your screwed and caught out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

How can MCD claim it wasn't? They stopped scanning people's tickets.

Personally I don't think MCD deliberately sold more tickets than they should. I just think that a lot of people without tickets simply sauntered in. Considering the sheer number of utter scumbags at the gig, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

As the previous poster has just stated, MCD haven't helped themselves in this matter by letting so many people in without scanning their tickets. If they had of scanned them they could've just released the figures and quickly dispelled the fans' claims.

I think the problem with overcrowding (if there was one) was with the ticketfast system. If you had people chancing their arm by printing out numerous copies (and likewise, touts doing the same) of the same ticket and then for those tickets not to be checked it would be very easy for overcrowding to occur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

always have folks hanging out at the village, txt messaging saw them enter as they learned that incredibly mcd had stopped scanning (they admitted this to Joe Duffy) as there was a hillsborough situation developing (Lord mountcharles accepted this live on rte re; dublin lane entrance) .....- that is why there WERE unsafe numbers in the venue, ..
    as the problems with bus transport and dublin entrance have been accepted live on rte by Lord mountcharles, if you have been injured in any way take your claim to the www.injuriesboard.ie I believe you should ask MCD for 5000 euros, they made 8-9 million on this gig alone, they owe it to you

(you will not need a solicitor, state employees will asist you fill out the forms)

(txt messaging would also have seen a wave of people come from dublin upon learning that tickets were not being checked, )

always have folks hanging out at the village, txt messaging saw them enter as they learned that incredibly mcd had stopped scanning (they admitted this to Joe Duffy) as there was a hillsborough situation developing (Lord mountcharles accepted this live on rte re; dublin lane entrance) .....- that is why there WERE unsafe numbers in the venue, ..
    as the problems with bus transport and dublin entrance have been accepted live on rte by Lord mountcharles, if you have been injured in any way take your claim to the www.injuriesboard.ie I believe you should ask MCD for 5000 euros, they made 8-9 million on this gig alone, they owe it to you

(you will not need a solicitor, state employees will asist you fill out the forms)
    Is it any wonder this country is in the state it's in.

Jesus Wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I had a day that i wont forget in a hurry at slane. dying to see 3 of my favourite bands which was slighty ruined on the way in but the fault of the organisers.

drove up from galway.Stayed in leixslip night b4 and went in the dublin entrance which was absolutely nuts jammed. some good craic but also alot of gob****es pushin and startin fights.

so mindin my own business slowing making a few yards every 5 minutes.
    then some ****er comes up from behind jumps into the back of me. i stumbled and managed to keep my balance. your man fcuks off and as get up i manage to pull a muscle in my back. should be alright i thought until i try and take a step and nearly fall over with the pain.

every step was absolute agony. Id never had any problems with my back so i couldnt understand why it was happening. took about an hour of struggling through the forest bein held up by friends after walking for two hours before from the bus. eventually near enough to the entrance the lads asked a stewart to let us in. got help from the stewarts to get in and everyone of them was extremely helpful. cant fault them. brought me to medic tent on a stretcher and got checked out and injections for the pain. hopin i was grand headed out to try and catch the rest of the prodigy after missin kasabian who i was dyin to see. couldnt stand for more than few mins b4 i collapsed on the ground in pain. absolute nightmare. got brought to main medic centre behind stand, got checked out given more pain killers and sent on my way again. by this time oasis had started and i was determined i wasnt going to miss any more of the music headed out with one d lads got four pints and collapsed on the ground to listen to oasis.

all grand until we try to find the other friends. back gets worse so i end up keeled over like a hunchback not able to straighten up.when it was over asked medics for a lift a bit of the way to the bus which they said they couldnt which was fair enought they had worse off people to deal with.

spent the next 3 hours or whatever limping my way to the buses. asking every shade and stewart to help us out. all said no. only met one shade who tried to help and she stopped a van to give us a lift. down the road 5 mins and a shade stopping traffic kicks us out:confused: for no reason. slut

three times buses were in sight. but drove off before we reached them i couldnt go fast enough to get on. then this hooker start followin us and would not leave us alone.kept askin my name and wher we was goin. course the friend helpin me was oblivious coz he was so locked.kept talkin to the bitch and taking drags of her fag. i was in so much pain i probaly told her to **** off 50 times. so we get on this emty dublin bus so yor one heads off lookin for some more action. Were told this bus wont be goin back to dublin???? so were made get off and limp onwards.

eventually got on on a bus.sat on the floor for 3 hours back to dublin.great craic.

oasis were class the parts i saw.probaly do it again next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement