Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

not only 360s rrod is bad ps3 are having problems too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not really proof if you look at failure rates. 360 peaked at about 33% failure rate(down a lot now but still stupidly high). ps3 peaked at about 2%
    No technology is bulletproof but some is very badly built :pac:

EDIT: And that 1st 1 is to do with the blu-ray and the tv. Not really the ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

All I'm worried about is that the diode issue may be a longer term one. I'm more worried about my PS3 than my 360 since at least the 360 came with a three year warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Not really proof if you look at failure rates. 360 peaked at about 33% failure rate(down a lot now but still stupidly high). ps3 peaked at about 2%
    No technology is bulletproof but some is very badly built :pac:

EDIT: And that 1st 1 is to do with the blu-ray and the tv. Not really the ps3
    as i said im sick of ps fanboys giving xbox a bad name all consoles are faulty and thats my point also i believe its higher failure rate than 2 percent if 360 is or was 33 percent!

TBH though i have both consoles and i find my ps has had more problems well more actually as my 360 has never let me down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

We never said that the PS3 had no problems. It's just that the xbox failure rate is 33% while the PS3's is about 5%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great thread OP. It has a 100% failure rate.

• Advertisement

i never once said that mossy so please dont make out like i did?

also i have both consoles and i had problems with my ps3 twice, and for that reason i brought this issue forward because i wanted to ok?

should have known the ps fanboys would jump on this lol

i never once said that mossy so please dont make out like i did?

also i have both consoles and i had problems with my ps3 twice, and for that reason i brought this issue forward because i wanted to ok?

You grave dug for a few threads to show a console has admitted problems on occasion and youre using this to defend an abysmal failure rate of another console?
    You realise even if the the 3 red lights stickied thread from this forum was left out, how many threads you could find on 360 failures such as e74,disc scratching,disc read errors. The ps3 has problems but not to nearly the same extent and youd be the biggest fanboy trying to defend it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's not ps3 fanboys it's fact fanboys.

there is no evidence in anything you have posted that suggests a high failure rate for PS3's, only that they are not infallible.

I've got a ps3 since launch day and have gone through about 25 games so far so it's got a lot of use as a games console and quite a bit as a blu-ray player as I'm starting to collect BD's now too and I've never had a single problem with it, so from my point of view it's 100% success, but I'm not going to say "well mine is fine so therefore there are no failures" on that basis because that would be pointless and obviously not true.

maybe you have had better experience with your 360 than your ps3, but the official figures just don't support what you are trying to say. there was a guy over in the 360 forum who had his 360 RMA'd 7 times before he gave up on it. you just can't take a snapshot of one persons experiences and apply it to the whole thing, it just doesn't add up.

I'm sorry that things haven't worked out for you, but if microsoft are willing to accept that they made a complete hames of the 360 with regards to failure rates, i think it's time you did to. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This thread is amazing. One dudes PS3 breaking forgives Microsofts hardware skimping and colossal clusterf*** and a fanboy witchunt ensues when some facts are offered.

Good man, Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

my brothers ps3 died after 9 months play,it would play and stop playing games intermittently and then stopped playing altogether,you could only acces the dashboard,was replaced no problems by gamestop,it took them a week to sort out a replacement console tho and it didnt come in a box came in a sealable bag ,,is it true that the ps3 is only covered by a 1 year warrenty aswell

• Advertisement

2 years as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The sign of a **** arguement. "The fanboys would jump"

Be gone

Ventilation and dust covering do not come into this, thank god... then we would have some...I dunno, case, by case basis or something insane like that. Also, mass RROD could still be a funny coincidence, let's not rule that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 huzy06

A good mate of mine was working in game stop at the time of the "red rings" epidemic. He told me that at the time Microsoft we're in such a panic to try and stop the true figures getting out that they were told to give exchanges to any1 complaining of problems, even without receipts. It got so bad at one time that they actually had none to sell to new customers because there was that many people bringing them back. Out of all of my friends that have or have had 360's (at least 20 people) only one of them has never experienced the red ring problem. A couple of them are even on their 3rd and 4th consoles.

In saying that though my 60gb PS3 broke earlier this year as the result of a dodgy second hand game, but that is only the second PS3 I've ever known to break.. and instead of just pawning me off with a new console Sony took back my console to find out what was wrong with it and returned it good as new.

I believe that's the reason Sony held back the PS3 for so long. They gave it proper testing no matter how long or how much money they were losing to Microsoft to make sure their product was reliable, unlike the x-box which obviously wasn't tested enough to have been put on the market and with the percentage of fail rates they should have fully been recalled until they found a cure for the problem.... I mean imagine if over 33% of all Toyota's decided to just stop working for no reason, do you honestly think there wouldn't be a full re-call. (sorry for the rubbish example but it was the best i could come up with)

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    The sign of a **** arguement. "The fanboys would jump"

Be gone
    be gone?

who do you think you are mossy? if you dont like what im saying about the ps3 then thats ok but how dare you act like you are above anyone here!

vibe666 wrote: »
    it's not ps3 fanboys it's fact fanboys.

there is no evidence in anything you have posted that suggests a high failure rate for PS3's, only that they are not infallible.

I've got a ps3 since launch day and have gone through about 25 games so far so it's got a lot of use as a games console and quite a bit as a blu-ray player as I'm starting to collect BD's now too and I've never had a single problem with it, so from my point of view it's 100% success, but I'm not going to say "well mine is fine so therefore there are no failures" on that basis because that would be pointless and obviously not true.

maybe you have had better experience with your 360 than your ps3, but the official figures just don't support what you are trying to say. there was a guy over in the 360 forum who had his 360 RMA'd 7 times before he gave up on it. you just can't take a snapshot of one persons experiences and apply it to the whole thing, it just doesn't add up.

I'm sorry that things haven't worked out for you, but if microsoft are willing to accept that they made a complete hames of the 360 with regards to failure rates, i think it's time you did to. ;)
    first sensible reply from someone, thank you i have both consoles and yes im pissed over the money i spent on a sack of **** of a console if anyone else had my experience of the ps3 then they definately wouldnt buy one believe me!

It's a sad day to lose a dude like this, lads. I'm sure us PS3 owners will struggle on in this...hardware ...war.

?

im out as i refuse to be hopped on by ps3 fanboys! goodbye girls!:p

Can we move this to the playstation forum to get actual ps3 fanboys involved :pac:

im out as i refuse to be hopped on by ps3 fanboys! goodbye girls!:p

And after all his valid points being thrown back in his face, all his proven facts ignored, as diplomatic and unbias as he was.. even a hero as articulate as this must give up such a hard fought battle.

• Advertisement

Awww...

Because we own Playstations and we're stating that we've had no problems with them we are thus fanboys? And thus GIRLS??!!

Well i never...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What a genocide of a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Da Da...

Da Da...

Da Da...

Da Da...

DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADAAA

locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement