Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

pljudge321 wrote: »
    I don't have problem with having six of the songs from an eighteen song set being from the new album. Its the other twelve songs being more of the same old, same old and the fact that a band with such a great back catalogue think they can get away with charging sixty quid for and hour and a half set.

Eh they played just under 2hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ModFox

There were two teenage girls in the pit putting on on mascara and the one with a brush before the gig. I think the new wave of fans can be summed up with a conversation I had with one of my friends at college.

Me: (Mentions I'm going to the gig)
    Her: OMG I love Muse.
    Me: Yeah hoping they'll play more stuff off the old albums this time.
    Her: They have more then one album?
    Me: (facepalm)

Here's a vid I recorded on my friends camera, it captures some of the sheer awesomeness that was new born,

Looks like we were in the same general area... these girls didn't have Muse written across their face in eyeliner?

Haha, one of my friends said something similiar excet the sentence went "Omg I love Muse because I love Twilight." ... Seriously :P

Fair enough if these people actually like Muse and their work. I wouldn't say a bad word about them then. It's just when people show up and only know a song off the radio that bugs me. The ticket could have easily gone to a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Eh they played just under 2hours

They came on at ten to nine and were off at twenty five past ten. I may be wrong though, regardless its still ripping the piss.
    ModFox wrote: »
    Looks like we were in the same general area... these girls didn't have Muse written across their face in eyeliner?

Did they both have back packs, standing slightly to the left of the middle? I was sitting down behind them in a group eating pop corn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ModFox

Did they both have back packs, standing slightly to the left of the middle? I was sitting down behind them in a group eating pop corn.

They did yeah. We were near some French people and they were attempting to speak to them :P

I was the only person in my group of about 7 people who went who knew Unintended. I felt like such a veteran, and I'm only 17.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

I was the only person in my group of about 7 people who went who knew Unintended. I felt like such a veteran, and I'm only 17.

But Unintended is a classic... and i'm only 16!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Above poster with the pictures, I was under where you were, The crowd was hopping was hoping to see a vid or two pop up on youtube just to see the crowd bounce.

Got a pit pass but sold it for a tenner, couldn't get some for my mates.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Absolutely fantastic gig! Thoroughly enjoyed it! I was just behind the pit, to the left so when Matt Bellamy was playing the Piano I was right behind him! I am far too short though, so couldn't see the stage :o Going to Munich in 2 weeks to see them and have seating tickets so I should manage a better view :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

My one regret is not getting standing tickets. Was sitting on the far right side and no one was allowed to stand up. Would have been blocking the disabled people so that's fair enough. A-Trak I think I was sitting very close to you going by your photos.

Best gig I've been to (and I've seen Muse twice already) by far. Only thing that I would have loved was Citizen Erased but I really wasn't expecting them to play it so I guess that's a non-issue.

I loved their setup. The intro with the guys walking up the steps, then falling down and then the curtains falling to the start of Uprising almost made me pee my pants.

edit: Guiding Light is a great song. All you nay-sayers shut yer holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brian? :p

Hi!

Yeah agree with what ya said bout not caring with The Resistance songs being in there, obviously they have to be. Wonder how long they actually played without the jams in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

I'm starting a muse covers band if anyones interested mainly drummers are what i need have a animal bass player and ill be doing the ould guitar and vox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

A playlist with that set comes to about 1 hour 25 minutes. Hard to believe there were 25 mins of jams.. Still best Muse concert I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Here's a vid I recorded on my friends camera, it captures some of the sheer awesomeness that was new born

That's quality footage. I freakin love that riff they play at the end of New Born, I remember all around us people were going apesh*t during it :D

It pays to have an amateur photographer with you at a gig, here are some of the shots my brother got (in addition to the one above):

P1010256-1.jpg?t=1257683918

P1010291-1.jpg?t=1257684157

P1010298-1.jpg?t=1257684360

P1010325-1.jpg?t=1257684571

P1010331-1.jpg?t=1257684745

P1010332-1.jpg?t=1257684945

P1010337-1.jpg?t=1257685144

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

That's quality footage. I freakin love that riff they play at the end of New Born, I remember all around us people were going apesh*t during it :D

It pays to have an amateur photographer with you at a gig, here are some of the shots my brother got (in addition to the one above):

Nice photos, could you put them up somewhere in higher resolution? I need a new desktop background.

My friend has another few videos, I'll get them off her and post them up.

This user has some excellent vid's http://www.youtube.com/user/flipflopip#g/c/5A79BD58A2586EDE

This video of plug in baby is also amazing, the start looks almost professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Nice photos, could you put them up somewhere in higher resolution? I need a new desktop background.

Yeah photobucket isn't fantastic, doesn't quite do them justice.

Don't have a Flickr account, the only other thing I have is Picasa which strangely Boards seems to have issues with when you're embedding photos.

The only other thing I could think of is emailing you if you want to PM me your address.
    Mr.S wrote:
    This pic is just amazing. +1 good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

coming onto the drumcondra rd I see 2 Black BMWs and Merc, slightly tinted out windows but enough to see who was in it! MUSE:eek: going towards the airport?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Today??? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

sorry.that made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

P1010337-1.jpg?t=1257685144

Heres a photo I took. Same guy?:p
    2009_1106DavidFallonWedding0057.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Epic show.

7 time veteran of Muse shows right back from 2001. I though the light and stage this tour was fantastic.

The intro was electric and uprising rocked. I have to say highlight of the show was Exogenesis, It was just out of this world with sheer beauty.

Other highlights, United states of Eurasia, unintended, dammit, every song was a highlight.

I did see that Cave was played at other shows instead of unintended, would have liked to have seen it, but no big deal.

Atmosphere wise...pretty good. Crowd around me were really into it (seated - excellent seat).

I thought this was a quality quality show...didn't "float" out of the venue like I did at the point, but as a show, it was up there in epicness!!

Best live band in the world right now..no-one touches them. Flawless!

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

Just wondering if anyone got a picture with people in pink, yellow and green full body suits. If you did could you send them onto me plz? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Hen chris and dominic where on the same podium jamming that was amazing.. They truly are the best live act in the world

Just wondering if anyone got a picture with people in pink, yellow and green full body suits. If you did could you send them onto me plz? :D

If ya go onto the forum section of muse.mu, and choose the dublin gig, there be a few in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Just watching a video on YT of the "We Are the Universe" intro with the silhouettes on the pillars and going straight into Uprising remembering how much I kinda lost it at that moment in the pit, and the hairs are standing on the back of my neck right now. It was just a mindblowing way to start the show, absolutely incredible.

Daysha wrote: »
    Just watching a video on YT of the "We Are the Universe" intro with the silhouettes on the pillars and going straight into Uprising remembering how much I kinda lost it at that moment in the pit, and the hairs are standing on the back of my neck right now. It was just a mindblowing way to start the show, absolutely incredible.

Yeah I thought Uprising wouldn't be a good choice to start with. I remember Take A Bow being opener in 06, and that was immense, but this still worked...on a grand scale.

As for best live act....yikes! They'd have to be up there for stage show and all that, or, more accurately, looking down on everyone(literally this tour:o). But like many others, more generic lights and better song choice would be perfect. Its the only thing holding them back, and it wouldn't take much to change. If they took a leaf out of Pearl Jam or QOTSA's book, it'd be ridiculous how much better than everyone they wuld be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

very good gig. If I was in the pit it would have been better, was pretty far back on the floor. Great set, great stage for an indoor gig. 5th time to see them, hard to pick the best one!

The new album is really growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just uploaded this video:

Not the best video quality but the sound isn't bad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pIttVEqOic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    The new songs weren't a problem for me but then I love the new album. My only problem was Unintended. Play something a bit more livelier please.

:eek: Unintended is an amazing song, I was delighted that they played it, my 5th time to see them, and the first time I heard Unintended live

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

3rd time seeing muse.
    Before:

Olympia 2004 (best night of my life)
    Point Depot 2006

cons: don't like that matt doesn't play new born on piano anymore and i thought the performance is a bit polished and lacking in the spontaneity and unpredictability that came from the raw energy of muse of old. the setlist could have done with more crazy songs.

pros: the intro was tantalising, haunting, amazing. exogenesis was epic! the light show/laser show was simply incredible.

overall: personally found it quite entertaining but thought it was lacking in the raw edginess of the pre-BHAR era.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

:eek: Unintended is an amazing song, I was delighted that they played it, my 5th time to see them, and the first time I heard Unintended live

I am not doubting that it is a good song. I just feel that a better song could replace it on the setlist.

Advertisement