Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Well in fairness every set needs balance, probably what Muse were thinking. You cant just bang out 19 fast/heavy/headbanging songs in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Have to agree that the majority of the new songs didn't go down as well as the older classics. I felt I was the only one around that knew Eurasia.:eek: I was standing just under the seating area, couldn't help wondering if the sound was being blocked somewhat but first time in the O2. Last and only time to see them was at Oxegen in 2005 when Bowie pulled out at the last minute (rhythm method :D) and left us with the blue-balls of The Darkness "headlining".

I remember hanging around at around 8 o'clock thinking to myself "christ, the support act haven't even set up yet. We'll be AGES waiting". Then on nearly the button of 8:30, the awesomeness commenced. Wasn't expecting the stage setup at all, really inventive.

It was great how the place erupted towards the end of the set (pre-encore). Plug In Baby and Time is Running Out were brilliant. And KoC? Back of the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I was working local crew at it, setting up and taking down the stage and lighting and all - took us ages to get it up! Totally worth it though - absolutely fantastic set, and very creative. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Epitaph wrote: »
    Last and only time to see them was at Oxegen in 2004 when Bowie pulled out at the last minute (rhythm method :D) and left us with the blue-balls of The Darkness "headlining".

I remember hanging around at around 8 o'clock thinking to myself "christ, the support act haven't even set up yet. We'll be AGES waiting". Then on nearly the button of 8:30, the awesomeness commenced. Wasn't expecting the stage setup at all, really inventive.

that was the first time I seen them too, only knew plug in baby and bliss then. My best memory of oxegen 04 is matt straddling the bass drum after plug in baby! I didnt want them to leave the stage. Got absolution the next day and never looked back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

that was the first time I seen them too, only knew plug in baby and bliss then. My best memory of oxegen 04 is matt straddling the bass drum after plug in baby! I didnt want them to leave the stage. Got absolution the next day and never looked back!

They were moved up from one of the side stages too, I think. Ending was a bit abrupt- "enjoy the darkness" said Matt, looking a bit like he was being hurried off stage. Think he knew The Darkness wouldn't last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Was the first time I saw them too. Was already into them at the time though but after that they became my favourite band. It really sucked that they had to support the ****ness and you could tell Matt was annoyed. They were supposed to headline the second stage IIRC.

Heard about their gig in Earls court soon after that and was straight over and saw them every chance I've had since.

People still say to me Muse aren't that good. These people have obviously never seen them live.

They've calmed down a bit over the years. No more playing guitar behind the head or breaking guitars after the second song (and where has Chris' mini keyboard gone?) but still, I think they have something now that they didn't have then so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

PIB on his back at the o2, I dunno about calming down. I think theres gonna be a reneissance of Hyper Muse coming soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

FWIW, MK Ultra was played for the first time in Birmingham tonight. Pity we missed out on it but I'm not too fussed. Unintended was taken out of the set instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

miralize wrote: »
    Well in fairness every set needs balance, probably what Muse were thinking. You cant just bang out 19 fast/heavy/headbanging songs in a row.

You see, it can be done.
    Daysha wrote: »
    FWIW, MK Ultra was played for the first time in Birmingham tonight. Pity we missed out on it but I'm not too fussed. Unintended was taken out of the set instead.

Shame this didn't happen in Dublin. Oh well.

miralize wrote: »
    PIB on his back at the o2, I dunno about calming down. I think theres gonna be a reneissance of Hyper Muse coming soon :P
    They are definitely calmer. They still go pretty mad but not like they used to. But like I said, they have something more now.
    Daysha wrote: »
    They have been playing MK Ultra on this tour already. I was really hoping they would play it but there's always their next tour, hopefully in the summer. Gotta love how hard working they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

They're going back to Wembley next September 11th!

Wish I could go...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

budgemook wrote: »
    They have been playing MK Ultra on this tour already. I was really hoping they would play it but there's always their next tour, hopefully in the summer. Gotta love how hard working they are.

Nah, Birmingham was first night. think its only been 2/3 times, and Brum was definitely the first. specially when he announces 'this is the first time we've played this live' before it.

Shall be getting my Wembley ticket on Wednesday. Pity it'll take ages to get it.

How are you getting your tickets 2 days early?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If your on muse.mu main site members section ya get pre-sale. Could be the thursday I'll get it.

EDIT: I may skip by on tickets just yet. Them crooked Vultures come first, and are very expensive right now, and on in a month, so have to go there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ana_conda

I have yet to see muse live .....it just has to be done ...feel like i'm really missing out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

FWIW? What song is this an abbreviation of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

FWIW? What song is this an abbreviation of?

Jesus wept

FWIW means 'For What It's Worth'

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

ana_conda wrote: »
    I have yet to see muse live .....it just has to be done ...feel like i'm really missing out

They're rumored to play Oxygen this year (hopefully!). Keep an eye out for that ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'd be much happier to see them do their own show than play Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

L.T.D wrote: »
    Jesus wept

FWIW means 'For What It's Worth'

:D

There's me thinking FWIW listed beside MK Ultra meant they debuted 2 songs live for first time. scanned through my Itunes tring to figure out what it bleedin's was. Fool me..:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement