Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

...but 61.50???

They're playing in the UK too and out of curiosity I checked the prices across the water and of course they're far cheaper, about €20 so in fact for the comparable gig in the o2 in London. We are just mugs here.

Should be a great gig though, I have my tickets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Patricide wrote: »
    Got down at 9.10 and there were no standing tickets left :(

They sold out in 10 mins? I feel less insane now for getting up to buy mine at 9:01 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

OctavarIan wrote: »
    They sold out in 10 mins? I feel less insane now for getting up to buy mine at 9:01 :D
    Thats what the guy in my local record store/ticketmaster told me anyway. FUDGER.....Im still kinda freaking out that I might be stuck up there in the seats. I was in the o2 for megadeth and i cant remember was there anything to stop people from coming down into the main area....its driving me MENTAL, freaking out....Getting pit passes is deffo prob a no go now though for deffinate :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

For all your trading needs, use toutless.com, not here.

JJ wrote: »
    For all your trading needs, use toutless.com, not here.
    Will do, i dont mean to turn this into a tout thread!! Thats the last youl hear of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Will do, i dont mean to turn this into a tout thread!! Thats the last youl hear of it.

You should have edited your post after reading this. Best behaviour.

lordgoat wrote: »
    You should have edited your post after reading this. Best behaviour.
    Sorry, I thought i had!!

awhir wrote: »
    sorry to sound picky but u really need standing , its muse like :p
    Why not just get a seated ticket and go down stairs into the standing?

Mr.S wrote: »
    They check the tickets going into the standing/seating area?
    Usually they only check going to the seating area, in any venue ive been in anyway. I could eat me words with the o2 but if worst comes to worst il find someway down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Tell them your roids are flaming up again and you forgot your ointment and point towards your arse. They might let you stand then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ok Im sorry, Muse are great, seen them 5 times myself and they are truely PHENOMENAL live.. but 61.50??? Anybody else finding this to be a complete RIP OFF?
    I paid the 69.50 for the Marlay Park gig last August, was the best night of my life and the first time seeing Muse live too...well worth it i would say and i'm sure many many others will agree:) and if you notice the price there i posted, its actually CHEAPER than last year;)

Shame there are no standing tickets left...had to spend my cash on a planetlove ticket this week instead:(

I paid the 69.50 for the Marlay Park gig last August, was the best night of my life and the first time seeing Muse live too...well worth it i would say and i'm sure many many others will agree:) and if you notice the price there i posted, its actually CHEAPER than last year;)

Shame there are no standing tickets left...had to spend my cash on a planetlove ticket this week instead:(
    Yup, marlay park was probrably one of the greatest nights of my life. Id pay 100 for muse in a heart beat if it was actually going to there own back pocket rather than ticket master.

Any idea on whos the support yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi lads,

I missed the sales for Muse on Friday 6 November. There are seated tickets left, but thats a waste of money. I was at their last gig in Marley and loved it, but I nocticed how much extra space there was, they only sold half the tickets at a guess. I know Marley is very large, but the crowd was limited.

This time tickets sold out in a flash, which seems weird. The o2 is smaller, but its no Olympia. I was wondering could there be more tickets that the promoter has held till closer to the event, or am I gonna have to look for somebody selling a ticket?

All opinions welcome,
    Lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

A reason they solf tickets so quick for thsi could be people still wanting to see the O2 who haven't seen it. Also, Muse indoors is way better than Muse outdoors. The sound is better and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

budgemook wrote: »
    A reason they solf tickets so quick for thsi could be people still wanting to see the O2 who haven't seen it. Also, Muse indoors is way better than Muse outdoors. The sound is better and all that.

Not necesarilly, it may be louder, but not better. The setup last time was excellent, that said I was smack bang centre just behind the pit.

I dunno if its worth the hassle of trying to get into standing, but its something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

for me seeing them in earls court was better than marlay park, oxegen and big day out in australia (all great gigs) all put together. That earls court gig was really something else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I doubt they'll release additional tickets for this - unless as previously said they are corporate seats......

They sold out so quickly because Muse are a hugely popular band now, selling out 2 nights in Wembley in no time was a big of a sign of their popularity........I think it was limited to 20,000 at Marley Park last year for Muse and Metallica, so selling out 9,000 standing tickets in the O2 would obviously happen pretty quickly, the seats in the O2 are ok, at least they are comfortable, but yeah I definitely feel restricted sitting down.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

There are seated tickets left, but thats a waste of money.

When I saw them at the Point a few years ago I could see hardly anything because a group of giants decided to plant themselves in front of me. I saw them in Wembley sitting down and could see everything but was too far away but sitting down at The O2 will be just right I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    When I saw them at the Point a few years ago I could see hardly anything because a group of giants decided to plant themselves in front of me. I saw them in Wembley sitting down and could see everything but was too far away but sitting down at The O2 will be just right I think :)

Old man......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Best time I've ever seen them was in The Button Factory/Temple Bar Music Centre

Still the best gig I've ever been to to this day :)

• Advertisement

NIBBS wrote: »
    Old man......:p

Compared to most of those attending then yes, old i am :)

Best time I've ever seen them was in The Button Factory/Temple Bar Music Centre

Still the best gig I've ever been to to this day :)
    I think id give my left testicle to see them in a venue that small!

I think id give my left testicle to see them in a venue that small!

This was back in 2000, they were supporting Elastica and the place was half empty, absolutely incredible! They got a good 60-70 minutes aswell to play, 14 songs or so which is unusual for a support band.

Most people left after Muse - there was no way Elastica could possibly follow THAT!! :D

I havent even heard of elastica.... to youtube!!

Elastica were a mediocre band from the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

any chance theyll do a 2nd night, seems to be a few days from their announced date until the next date on their tour.i want a standin ticket or at least not one in the clouds!

Doubt they will. The 1st night hasn't been sold out. You will hardly be up in the clouds in the O2 tbh.

df1985 wrote: »
    any chance theyll do a 2nd night, seems to be a few days from their announced date until the next date on their tour.i want a standin ticket or at least not one in the clouds!

Get yerself a seating ticket, and the night of the gig, you'll have no problem say offering your seating ticket and a tenner or something to a tout for a standing ticket (if you're willing to deal with them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Is there any sort of age limit for this gig? I love Muse, but I find their younger fans irritating at best. Don't mean to sound like a prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anyone know what a reasonable time might be to head down to try and get a pit-pass? I didn't try when it was the Point, had a great night but having been in the pit in the Marley Park gig I definitely want to get in again.

Advertisement