Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Looking forward to this too. I've seen Muse 4 times. In teh Olympia was one of the best gigs I was ever at. Dublin Castle was one of most frustrating as it was full of technical problems, they even had to stop the gig for about 15 mins and did no encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this too. I've seen Muse 4 times. In teh Olympia was one of the best gigs I was ever at. Dublin Castle was one of most frustrating as it was full of technical problems, they even had to stop the gig for about 15 mins and did no encore.

I got the setlist that night - They played :

Space Dementia
    Hysteria
    New Born
    Micro Cuts
    Dead Star
    Citizen Erased
    Sunburn
    Uno
    Megalomania
    Feeling Good
    In Your World
    Hyper Music
    Muscle Museum
    Plug In Baby
    Bliss

It was the O.O.S tour so I don't know how they could have finished and done an encore with anything other than Bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I sometimes wish they did a tour playing only songs from Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Necronomicon, I and 2 friends got a pit pass each for the Marlay gig last year, amongst the last 10 too as the guy told us who strapped them on, and we were in the queue for 2 hours...this year for Metallica it'll be most of the day queueing:P i would just say get there quite early, a large portion of the crowd will not have been in an O2 pit yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got my ticket from o2 presale two weeks ago. Cant wait for it. Went to Oxegen 07 and Marley Park gig. I hope the new album is heavy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

miralize wrote: »
    Got my ticket from o2 presale two weeks ago. Cant wait for it. Went to Oxegen 07 and Marley Park gig. I hope the new album is heavy :)

Exact same as you, got pre-sale for this, and went to both of those for muse...

Only bad thing is my mate asked me to get a ticket to head with him, I got mine pre-sale, sent him the code too, text him the Friday about 12 and he said he slept in and didn't get a ticket... :mad: So I've 1 ticket... never went to a gig on my own... don't know if I'm gonna start now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

So I've 1 ticket... never went to a gig on my own... don't know if I'm gonna start now... :(

I've went to a good few gigs on my own and always had a good time. Just do it, You'll have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

miralize wrote: »

+1 for me. I remember the huge delay in them coming on at Oxegen 07. My friend was knackered and wanted to go back to the tent. I said there was no way I was moving and that she'd regret missing them. She thanked me the next morn :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Hey guys tried to order tickets on the ticketmaster website; it doesn't say they're sold out but says "No exact matches could be found" - I've tried searching for 1 or 2 tickets but same thing each time. Are they sold out? Where could I get 2 for face value??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats great, cos they in London that night, they in Dublin on the 6th, which is sold out AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

LoL of course I'd have to stuff it up! Erm yeah I had the 6th in first then thought it was the 12th! Either way I want to go! Thought they may be in Belfast but they're not. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Looks like it's sold out. There could be more tickets released closer to the date.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got 2 standing tickets when MCD said on their site saying it was sold out :)

The gig's coming up real soon!

What time are people aiming on getting there at? I have school, but am planning on leaving early. Want to be near the front this time, I was at the back at Marley.

Has any support acts been announced or will it be only Muse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 tursiops

I just cannot wait to go see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Has any support acts been announced or will it be only Muse?

Says on their site its The Big Pink, but on their site/myspace its not. They supporting in england, so assume it to be them. If not, just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

What?

****, the support act was rubbish last time and this time looks even worse.

Those girls fall like dominos... dominos.... shut up you ****.

What?

****, the support act was rubbish last time and this time looks even worse.

Those girls fall like dominos... dominos.... shut up you ****.
    wasn't it kasabian last time :confused: They were pretty good I thought....

Ah well I don't care once I get a pit pass :D

• Advertisement

I wish they would remove Unintended and replace it something like Filip.

Last time in the Point was some crap indie band from London who couldn't even sing. Can't remember their name now.

The Noisettes? I enjoyed them.

You were the only one in the place, they were ****ing awful. Lazy, totally out of their depth, no charisma, no projection, dreck.

If it turns out The Big Pink are supporting in Dublin then fine. Listened to them tonight and I liked what I heard. At least it's not The Streets like the last time I saw them live :mad:

I wouldnt mind The Streets

Big Pink suck balls but I will be there early to get near the front. What time are people going at?

budgemook wrote: »
    Big Pink suck balls but I will be there early to get near the front. What time are people going at?
    It's bad enough listening to them on the xbox ad's! :mad:

Hmm... I got there around 3 hours before greenday and got pit passes so prob around the same time again for this one :rolleyes: It wouldn't be the same if you didn't get in the pit!

It's bad enough listening to them on the xbox ad's! :mad:

Hmm... I got there around 3 hours before greenday and got pit passes so prob around the same time again for this one :rolleyes: It wouldn't be the same if you didn't get in the pit!

Yeah I was too far back at Marlay Park and it wasn't great. I'm off work that day so will get there 3 hours early. Cheers.

XBOX and Greenday suck balls :-)

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    Yeah I was too far back at Marlay Park and it wasn't great. I'm off work that day so will get there 3 hours early. Cheers.

XBOX and Greenday suck balls :-)
    I was pretty close at marley park, was a bit far away for the oxegen one though but was really drunk and odly amused by the lightshow :)

P.S.

XBOX is amazing! Greenday where actually one of the best live acts I've seen live. Not THE best but they are a really good live act, I've been to 2 download festivals, 1 oxegen and loads of gigs, greenday where honestly really good even compared to some of my fav. bands.

Advertisement