Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Hey folks,

Driving up Friday afternoon for the gig and its my first time at the Point. Anybody know what time it finishes up at? I was assuming sometime around 11:30. I'll probably park outside the city and get the DART to Tara St. but getting back there to grab the last train could be tricky timewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

KerranJast wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Driving up Friday afternoon for the gig and its my first time at the Point. Anybody know what time it finishes up at? I was assuming sometime around 11:30. I'll probably park outside the city and get the DART to Tara St. but getting back there to grab the last train could be tricky timewise.

I really doubt it'll go on as late as that. I think they're scheduled to be on stage at around 9pm and their gigs around Europe so far have barely been over 90 minutes long, so even if they do take to the stage late it'll be over by 11 at the very latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

As long as the support isnt glas vegas again il be happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DirkPoweer

Patricide wrote: »
    As long as the support isnt glas vegas again il be happy out!

I agree. Glasvegas had no stage presence at all at marley park, every song sounds the same, the drummer is terrible and the lead singer wears sunglasses and stares at the crowd, wow, exciting.

Id love if Does it offend you, yeah supported muse, considerin they were workin together on a project other then the Uprising remix.

Glasvegas were an odd one. I thought they were absolute balls in Marlay as well until they released their album a short time later and it was getting amazing reviews, so I gave it a go and it was actually very very good :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

My ticket still isnt here :( but im still holding onto the hope they will deliver it tomorrow as promised, How early should you head up if you want to get into the pit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

I dont think the 02 has a pit.. They havent done one yet afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I answered those 2 already... :rolleyes: It had a pit for greenday... better safe than sorry....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

i think the o2 is **** it was better when it was all standing downstairs now its just durt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thegrove54 wrote: »
    i think the o2 is **** it was better when it was all standing downstairs now its just durt

I disagree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Theres no support, Muse are on stage at 8.30.
    I wonder if we'll get a longer set, I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Theres no support, Muse are on stage at 8.30.
    I wonder if we'll get a longer set, I doubt it though.

That can't be right. Where are you getting this info from? Of course there will be support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

My ticket says Muse and guests

budgemook wrote: »
    That can't be right. Where are you getting this info from? Of course there will be support

A few of their gigs around Europe on the tour so far have had no support acts, so it could happen.

€61.15.....there better be some ****in' support :mad: Just looking up the Muse forums... somebody else on there said (I guess jokingly as I did :P ) u2 :P if there isn't any support... might head a bit later.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Daysha wrote: »
    A few of their gigs around Europe on the tour so far have had no support acts, so it could happen.

I thought the Horrors were supporting some shows, then the Big Pink for UK, then Biffy for rest. Thats my understanding. I havent looked on gig threads on muse site though cos setlists would be there.

Mushy wrote: »
    I thought the Horrors were supporting some shows, then the Big Pink for UK, then Biffy for rest. Thats my understanding. I havent looked on gig threads on muse site though cos setlists would be there.

That's what was announced yeah, but there was definitely at least one gig near the start of the tour without support. Think it might have been Helsinki or Stockholm.

Either way I'm not too pushed who's supporting just as long as somebody does.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    My ticket says Muse and guests
    Special guests at that... ;)

€61.15.....there better be some ****in' support :mad: Just looking up the Muse forums... somebody else on there said (I guess jokingly as I did :P ) u2 :P if there isn't any support... might head a bit later.... :(

Could ya imagine if it was U2? I'd be in a right pickle....do I leave and risk not being allowed re-admitted or do I love Muse more than I hate U2? Ah decisions decisions. Of course it won't be U2, so won't waste a second more thinking about it.

budgemook wrote: »

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4586374&ar=muse&cat=all

It said 'no support' earlier but they seem to have taken that down.

• Advertisement

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4586374&ar=muse&cat=all

It said 'no support' earlier but they seem to have taken that down.

That doesn't mean there is no support :confused: There couldn't be a 2 hour wait.... Could there?
    Mushy wrote: »
    Could ya imagine if it was U2? I'd be in a right pickle....do I leave and risk not being allowed re-admitted or do I love Muse more than I hate U2? Ah decisions decisions. Of course it won't be U2, so won't waste a second more thinking about it.
    Lol, I know, I posted it first on here to see what peoples reactions would be, I was at least expecting someone to post something from the southpark episode :P

Would you honestly loose your place at the front if u2 came on though? :confused:

Man I hate U2. I've been in the states the last few weeks and noticed Muse were touring. Saw it was as a support to U2 and immediately thought: F*ck. That. Sh!t.

That doesn't mean there is no support :confused: There couldn't be a 2 hour wait.... Could there?

I'm as confused as you are.

It doesnt look like I'll be queuing now. I'll probably get there for 6.30 and have a few drinks. I hope I get a good spot.

I'm as confused as you are.

It doesnt look like I'll be queuing now. I'll probably get there for 6.30 and have a few drinks. I hope I get a good spot.

I dunno, I'm gonna head up early... ask the security folk about pit passes/support... If there is both, I shall stay :D if not, to the pub! :D

I dunno, I'm gonna head up early... ask the security folk about pit passes/support... If there is both, I shall stay :D if not, to the pub! :D

I'll quote this but answer a previous post. I don't intend on being up the front, so actually my plans are pretty much the same as yours. Go early-ish, if there be no pit, feck off to the pub, if there to be one, hopefully be there early enough to get pit. Just want to stand around and see what all the fuss is now, I'm anticipating the best stage show I'll see in a long time, tied in to worst setlist I'll ever see considering potential.

The girl I'm going with doesnt even know who Muse are so I dont think she'll queue. I might coax her to leave earlier, I'll see what happens come Friday. I like your idea though ;)

EDIT: That was to docdolittle's post btw.

The girl I'm going with doesnt even know who Muse are so I dont think she'll queue. I might coax her to leave earlier, I'll see what happens come Friday. I like your idea though ;)

Tell her some amazing* band she likes are supporting. not only will she be pissed to find out they aren't, but if there is no support, well, twice as fun.

*cant really say a band is amazing and not know Muse:)

I'm going to be queuing from around 2 onwards I'd say, pit or not pit. I was even earlier for Marlay Park and you actually have a great time just chatting to the people around you (at least everyone has a common interest :)). There's a good 5 or 6 of us going up as well so it should be great fun, then onto town afterwards :D

Daysha wrote: »
    I'm going to be queuing from around 2 onwards I'd say, pit or not pit. I was even earlier for Marlay Park and you actually have a great time just chatting to the people around you (at least everyone has a common interest :)). There's a good 5 or 6 of us going up as well so it should be great fun, then onto town afterwards :D

+1 on all counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

this might be a stupid question, but is there any chance they the o2 has a cloakroom??? ill be coming straight from college n having my bag all night will be a pain....

Advertisement